• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

Tyaren

Question:
I'm still downloading but I noticed there being a lock symbol next to the demo download gage in my main account. Will I have to play the game in my Japanese account? It's not a real prob if so, but a bit inconvenient... :/

Question:
I'm still downloading but I noticed there being a lock symbol next to the demo download gage in my main account. Will I have to play the game in my Japanese account? It's not a real prob if so, but a bit inconvenient... :/

Just activate the console as your primary PS4 on your JP account. You'll be able to play it on other accounts no issue.

Simo

Question:

Just activate your console as primary under your Japane....dang it beaten. lol

Toki767

Err...okay...

30UEnhp.gif

Reveirg

This is so incredibly surreal. I'm literally in tears.

If you guys haven't already (and I've read through the thread) you ABSOLUTELY need to hear the Ch0 music through till it repeats, and walking around on the world in the morning. (A Wild Wild West-ish theme with flute, guitars, piano plays)

Yes, this is my explicit confirmation. I worked on the music of FFXV.

That song <3

SoulUnison

Banned
This was the only bug or issue I encountered....lol

Ah, so the weird neon purple glowing IS a bug.
I encountered a rock that had weird triangles like that all over it and figured it must be some kind of draw/gather/treasure point that was disabled for the demo.

Likewise, what are the glowing blue crop circle runes around camping spots? Do we know?
Just something to make camping locations visually identifiable?
A plot/lore reason we'll learn in the full game?

I ran into a
lv 15 Sabotender/Cactuar and it one shotted me with a needle attack. I tried to kill it but it ran and eventually stopped and started running in a circle before disappearing so I guess you have a certain amount of time to kill it.

200 mins in. I think I did every available hunt in the demo. Next step is fighting every available daemon and finding the mines dungeon. Hope it's available in the demo.

Last hunt was a Rank 2 one, where you fought a LV15 Flan. Loved his design and animations.

Thats what i was referring to when i said "This game just FF12'd me". You're surrounded by pretty manageable enemies, but every now and then the game just reminds you how small you really are.

I really love this in open world games and am so happy to hear it is in this one. Higher level stuff that you have to be careful of instead of only running into stuff you can kill.

Marceles

Just finished the demo and I'm completely sold. It plays so much better than the previous demos and looks great on the Pro

SoulUnison

Banned
200 mins in. I think I did every available hunt in the demo. Next step is fighting every available daemon and finding the mines dungeon. Hope it's available in the demo.

Last hunt was a Rank 2 one, where you fought a LV15 Flan. Loved his design and animations.

Mine dungeon isn't available in the demo, I'm 95% sure.

I stumbled across it early on by accident and interacting with the elevator give you a "JUDGMENT DISC -moon scribbles-" dialog box and nothing happens.

raven777

did you take the 2nd shot, or is it one of Prompto's shots?

jb1234

The music mixing in this game is a little strange. It's either really loud and in your face (the battle music) or nearly impossible to hear (pretty much everything else).

artsi

These graphics man.

Tabata redeemed
Luminous Engine redeemed
Haters eating crow

It's a beautiful day.

Pl8avKC.gif

sappyday

The bestiary is gonna be something else

LordKasual

Banned

Flan? Man, i gotta do it.

And unfortunately...no, the mines dungeon isn't in the demo. I found the area, but it puts up a message that includes the text "Judgment Disc", so i'm assuming they removed it from the demo :(

I ran into a
lv 15 Sabotender/Cactuar and it one shotted me with a needle attack. I tried to kill it but it ran and eventually stopped and started running in a circle before disappearing so I guess you have a certain amount of time to kill it.

God there is going to be so much shit to do in this game...

After my run in with that surprise lv 42 super daemon, i have no idea what to even expect from this game anymore. I wanted to get decent enough to play through the demo without camp/sleeping...

I was expecting the main challenge here to be facing 2 Iron Giants at once....but there is so much worse than Iron Giant in this demo.

If Endgame FFXV is anything like this 1 hour demo....X_X

Falk

that puzzling face
lol.

By the way Falk, is it possible to know for how long were you involved with the game's audio engineering? Was it since the Versus days? Or since the re-reveal as XV?

Again, not going to say much specifically until the game and/or soundtrack itself is out, but if it helps piece together a (rough, mind you) timeline, our first collaboration with Square Enix on a game soundtrack was Lightning Returns.

Guys I have same problem here , anyone know how to fix this ?

Does your TV have settings for overscan? It should.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Again, not going to say much specifically until the game and/or soundtrack itself is out, but if it helps piece together a (rough, mind you) timeline, our first collaboration with Square Enix on a game soundtrack was Lightning Returns.

Does your TV have settings for overscan? It should.

After the OST has been released...could you make a thread and talk about it :)? Would be great

artsi

TBH the Pro version looks much better, but even then it's not the best looking game out there by any standards.

Not claiming it's the best looking, but I'd say it can stand proud now among the competition (open world games on console).

Falk

that puzzling face
After the OST has been released...could you make a thread and talk about it :)? Would be great

There's a bunch of other things you could look forward to lol

Limited Edition soundtrack has a behind the scenes for the Boston recordings

VXSTb9E.png

I'm not in that since I was in Malaysia but we have some stuff potentially lined up.

Ishida, you told me the demo would look/play the same on pro, what is going on, why are some members getting better textures?

they turned the contrast up

jb1234

Pissed off a large bird creature, the chorus started shrieking and then I died. Unpleasantly. Definitely an open world Final Fantasy.

Lucent

Of course my Internet suffers an outage as I'm 9gb into the download. Comcast really pissing me off lately.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
There's a bunch of other things you could look forward to lol

Limited Edition soundtrack has a behind the scenes for the Boston recordings

VXSTb9E.png

I'm not in that since I was in Malaysia but we have some stuff potentially lined up.

they turned the contrast up

Just looked it up but damn..I can't afford that ;_;

Looool 114&#8364; from the European SE shop incl shipping and 96&#8364; from Amazon Japan incl. shipping, taxes etc from Japan....

Demoskinos

Question:

You need to set your japanese account to use your console as its primary console to use content on your main account.

Tyaren

They added HDR and Pro mode as surprise.

Only 1080p though no checkerboarding for now :) .

Wait a sec...so the high quality version isn't 4k checkerboard? It's 1080p with enhanced visuals? That makes me worry again that the final 4k checkerboard Pro mode might not look as good.
I hope that high quality1080p mode is in the final game too.

Top Bottom