• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Jump Festa 2015 Trailer

I said this in the other thread, but the IQ is leaving a lot to be desired. I'm praying for the game to be in 1080p or to have some decent form of AA, but I'm probably stupid to do so.

Yeah. Honestly I'll take any downgrade if it means clean IQ. It looks kinda distracting. Well, at least the possible PC release would look superb. Of course it's too early to judge before I see it natively running on my PS4 but something like Infamous SS youtube footage last years E3 was more impressive for me. 1080p with decent AA or bust.

Toth

We really are going off the dubbing based on a couple of scenes?

Anyway, the game looks phenomenal. In Tabata we trust! Excellent 'battle' music as well.

chadboban

Man, the more I see the more it feels like the development team is really pouring everything they have into this game. I'm eager to play, but I really hope they don't rush it out. Take your time guys and make sure you get it right.

AdanVC

The dub was probably made all quickly just for this trailer. Let's hope the final game improves it cuz definitely was the weakest part of the trailer. Everything else was SO. DAMN. GOOD. <3

Oh damn the dub and lip synching made me lol. That was really bad. What's up with the dude with the fake English accent?

The game Looks very pretty.I wonder how large the towns will be. I really hope the combat is enjoyable.

Makes me wonder how hood the worlds will look in KH3. Squeeeeee

thuway

Yeah. Honestly I'll take any downgrade if it meanw clean IQ. It looks kinda distracting. Well, at least the possible PC release would look superb. Of course it's too early to judge before I see it natively running on my PS4 but something like Infamous SS youtube footage last years E3 was more impressive for me. 1080p with decent AA or bust.

If they haven't hit 1080p by now, it's a foregon conclusion. The more important thing is they actually manage to get their IQ to acceptable levels. I have a suspicion this might be the first 720p next-gen game. These guys are doing some pretty impressive work. It has to come at a cost.

We really are going off the dubbing based on a couple of scenes?

Anyway, the game looks phenomenal. In Tabata we trust! Excellent 'battle' music as well.

We've heard enough to know that the only voice-acting that's on-point are Prompto and Gladio's.

I have no idea why people are suddenly jumping on the low res part when the game is still in early phase of development.

They can't release their biggest game to date with such technical issues. The final game will sort out most of them (res + AA) but I am sure that their current purpose is only to port the game from their previous engine to new one.

If they haven't hit 1080p by now, it's a foregon conclusion. The more important thing is they actually manage to get their IQ to acceptable levels. I have a suspicion this might be the first 720p next-gen game. These guys are doing some pretty impressive work. It has to come at a cost.

The game is at least year off, much can change.

AlexIIDX

Man, the more I see the more it feels like the development team is really pouring everything they have into this game. I'm eager to play, but I really hope they don't rush it out. Take your time guys and make sure you get it right.

hmXJKzA.gif

I know what you mean

thefit

I'm not bothered by the dub because I know its not a natively English game. Maybe its because I grew up on terribly dubbed kung fu movies?

Dead Rising 3

Also what do you mean if they don't hit it now it's a foregone conclusion? Optimization is the last part of game development, and we have plenty of examples where games were able to squeeze some extra pixels out in the run-up to going gold

UrbanRats

^^^Well there you go.

It wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to turn scenes that would've otherwise been a standard FF cutscene into something playable. What's wrong with that?

Besides, i remember (re)playing FFVIII a couple of months back and thinking "holy shit this was the PS1-era Uncharted".
So many "cinematic" moments where you retained control.

I'm loving the combat and enviornments, but that dubbing =/. If S-E puts their Japanese language option as DLC I will buy it in a flash.

Well, the music continues to the best thing about these trailers. It is absolutely fucking phenomenal. However, the combat looks so awfully boring. I'm interested in the story based on what they were talking about in the beginning but only with a little optimism on that considering I said the same thing about FFXIII and that turned out to be a gigantic clusterfuck.

Another trailer comes and goes and I just can't seem to get excited for it.

Besides, i remember (re)playing FFVIII a couple of months back and thinking "holy shit this was the PS1-era Uncharted".
So many "cinematic" moments where you retained control.

This.

Final Fantasy VII onwards was the cream of the crop of cinematic, linear storytelling with set-pieces back in the PS1 days.

Galbadia/Balamb Garden Battle, The Motorbike Chase of FFVII, Prison Escape, Siege of Dollet...

All of the above are pretty much set-pieces that in today's generation, is reflected in stuff like CoD or Uncharted.

UrbanRats

^^ Ahah, damn. :p

Yes, they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi7So5VlB6M

FFIV's opening sequences.

FFVIII's "YOU POSSESS THE POWER OF SHIVA!?" mid-battle scripted sequence by Ifrit.

That's even a bad pick for FFVIII.

Running from the mecha spider; the Balamb garden going mobile, and you having to save Rinoa; you fighting with the Jetpack dude from Galbadia; you running in front of a CGI battlefield full of soldiers from Balamb and Galbadia killing each other; you running from one prison tower to the other while it goes underground; etc etc.

Top Bottom