• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm not employed at SE, we work with them on a contract basis and have a really good working relationship.

(VGO records for more than just SE games in case you haven't noticed D: )

Falk

that puzzling face
What else have you worked on ?

God Eater 2, Ace Combat Cross Rumble, Tekken, a couple of NHK productions, and quite a few things that I'm not at liberty to talk about just yet.

We -can- record orchestra, but are just as well-equipped to record everything from just a choir to a string quartet, solo instruments, solo vocals, etc.

(If you meant 'you' as in 'me' and not 'VGO' I'm also credited on Bioshock Infinite yay)

iosefe

God Eater 2, Ace Combat Cross Rumble, Tekken, a couple of NHK productions, and quite a few things that I'm not at liberty to talk about just yet.

We -can- record orchestra, but are just as well-equipped to record everything from just a choir to a string quartet, solo instruments, solo vocals, etc.

(If you meant 'you' as in 'me' and not 'VGO' I'm also credited on Bioshock Infinite yay)

i saw what you did there

*lips sealed*

Verendus

Banned

You're recording for the PS4 Tales game?

HeelPower

No you as in you...Music in Infinite was amazing.Loved how the game used classical pieces as well.

Tekken huh which Tekken recordings did you work on ?There are some high quality song recordings in Tekken.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, I'm an all purpose audio guy. My stint with Bioshock Infinite was via dSonic, an audio solutions outsource company. We're credited with 'additional sound' and had nothing to do with the music. Sorry if I gave that impression.

We did choir (both lyrics and recording) for Tekken Tag Tournament 2. This was a bit further back.

In terms of lead characters, the oldest in the entire FF series is Lightning at 21. Firion, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus and Vaan all fall within the 16-20 range. Since the main party are said to be childhood friends of Noctis, I'm expecting their ages to align closely to his.
Cloud is the same age as Lightning during the main game. Though I guess he's mentally 17.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

image.php

Choomp

Banned
Not really big into Final Fantasy but holy shit at that trailer. Looked fantastic. Is the blonde person a girl or boy? Legit question.

The fact that you escaped all the backlash of there not being a main female character is more surprising that you don't know Prompto's gender.

ZenTzen

Certainly. It's hard to compare them, they all leave a beautiful touch on the games tehy compose for. As the games have changed composers have matched them well.

dont know, personally i think after Uematsu left FFs OSTs have been pretty forgetable except when they remix or reuse uematsus peaces

I think the main 4 are all in their early 20's.

Anyway, for VA, I already mentioned Greg Cripes for Prompto, I think Troy would be good as Gladiolus, for Ignis i'm not to sure, maybe Robin Atkin Downes. I keep hearing Cloud when I think of Noctis though.

dont know, personally i think after Uematsu left FFs OSTs have been pretty forgetable except when they remix or reuse uematsus peaces
I think the same.
It's just not the same without Nobuo Uematsu. Yoko Shimomura is pretty great, though. Not quite at the same level, but close enough.

injurai

Banned
I think the same.
It's just not the same without Nobuo Uematsu. Yoko Shimomura is pretty great, though. Not quite at the same level, but close enough.

Yeah I was sort of elluding to Shimomura. Uematsu has his own fingerprint, and the series was defined by it. But I am thankful we have someone like Shimomura to fill his wake.

Yeah I was sort of elluding to Shimomura. Uematsu has his own fingerprint, and the series was defined by it. But I am thankful we have someone like Shimomura to fill his wake.
whynotboth.gif

Has a Final Fantasy game had a collaboration for the OS? I mean significant contribution by two composers.
I remember Chrono Trigger being a collaborative effort.

A Uematsu and Shimomura OST would be godly. But alas, only a dream.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's already a soundtrack with both credited.

Kingdom Hearts Complete

because of One Winged Angel lol

First thing I will do once I get paid next month is buy Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix. My interest in Nomura has increased after watching these trailers

Daviii

There's more to it than that though. Cecil is the highly respected captain of a Royal Air Force, for instance. That guy shouldn't be under 30 years old, realistically.

He throwing fire over goblins and summoning some gods doesn't help with realism either

injurai

Banned
whynotboth.gif

Has a Final Fantasy game had a collaboration for the OS? I mean significant contribution by two composers.
I remember Chrono Trigger being a collaborative effort.

A Uematsu and Shimomura OST would be godly. But alas, only a dream.

He's sort of left the series for good hasn't he?

Falk

that puzzling face

That's what people thought, then the internet went wild on June 2009-ish when it was announced he was composing FFXIV (1.0)

I think it's really going to depend on the situation.

(Personally I find it kind of hilarious that the diehard Uematsu 'fans' have largely not even heard Blue Dragon or The Last Story. Yes, this is a generalization, apologies if it doesn't apply to you)

wmlk

That's what people thought, then the internet went wild on June 2009-ish when it was announced he was composing FFXIV (1.0)

I think it's really going to depend on the situation.

(Personally I find it kind of hilarious that the diehard Uematsu 'fans' have largely not even heard Blue Dragon or The Last Story. Yes, this is a generalization, apologies if it doesn't apply to you)

To be fair, a lot of his stuff from XIV 1.0 has been replaced if not relegated to short cutscenes. It's a bit of a shame even if Soken is so good.

Uematsu is the only one in the industry who really makes music that sounds like this. Really reminds me of Ronfaure from FFXI.

It's more like the series left him. FF directors/producers generally choose a composer they're friends with, so Matsuno chose Sakimoto for XII, Kitase chose Dirge of Cerberus' Hamauzu for XIII, and Nomura chose Shimomura for XV. Only Tanaka still wanted Uematsu, for XIV 1.0.

iosefe

So the adamantoise battle is said to take 30 or so in-game days, so maybe 900 minutes or less. Wow

"you see that mountain? You can fight it. That is fightable terrain."
(but it will take a while)

Color me excited

It's more like the series left him. FF directors/producers generally choose a composer they're friends with, so Matsuno chose Sakimoto for XII, Kitase chose Dirge of Cerberus' Hamauzu for XIII, and Nomura chose Shimomura for XV. Only Tanaka still wanted Uematsu, for XIV 1.0.
How can they not be friends with Uematsu san? :(

Top Bottom