• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

It's been so long since I've seen anything new my hype for this game had sort of subsided. But I watched that trailer with a massive fucking grin on my face, and now I'm on the bandwagon again.

Can't fucking wait.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
iwPG8nf34XCJe.gif

Can't help but to see Naruto and Sasuke

Wow. Just wow. Really impressive trailer. The idea of going on this road trip with friends in a final fantasy world is so interesting and unique. This is so unlike squareenix. I'm wondering when the hype becomes reality on this.

The combat segments looked like they were hitting a button once every 5 seconds. Really odd choice for the trailer.

Other than that...

HNNNNNNNNNG

I need this in my PS4 right now.

The combat looked really... scripted. Especially anything involving the car or party members.

The gameplay itself seemed like the barest glimpse of a concept, a hybrid between the Witcher 2 and maybe Xenoblade.

Garulas...
Garula-ffv.gif

Nice FFV nod! Same exact design too!

At first I didn't know what they were, but pausing the video when one walked near, they are old school FF Goblins(and I mean OLD SCHOOL):

This really is a modern take on a classic FF world.

Oh, wow. That's a really good catch.

10 years ago if you had told me there'd be a mainline FF where you drive a modern-looking car around the worldmap I would have had a tantrum... but this looks SWEET.

How are some people not liking the car, that was totally the best part of the trailer. Screw the combat, just let me hit the open road with my bros.

Vamphuntr

Wow, It's really underwhelming. Aliasing galore and the graphics aren't really impressive compared to MGS5 or The Witcher 3. Animations looked clunky during the battles too. The car looked really dumb. I wonder what happened there.

Garulas...
Garula-ffv.gif

Nice FFV nod! Same exact design too!

At first I didn't know what they were, but pausing the video when one walked near, they are old school FF Goblins(and I mean OLD SCHOOL):

This really is a modern take on a classic FF world.

Whoa, nice. Wasn't FFV's monster designs actually done by Nomura?

LuuKyK

The combat animations are really bad though. I hope there is some variation to it. Noctis & Co. are always doing the same attacks with the same weapons in every single trailer they showed. :X

hmm.... Destiny is still better to me!

What does this has to do with anything?

KarmaCow

The Knights on the highway alongside the Dinosaurs has me all sorts of confused. They just don't belong there.

The knights are the same ones that attack the city in the 2013 E3 trailer. They look like the grunts for the opposing country or whatever.

Hiko

Banned
I agree. It seems a little confused regarding what it wants to accomplish art-direction wise.

Hopefully in the game it links all of this together though. Am hyped at the scope of this game for sure!

The original director is gone. Not surprised at all the game looks the way it does.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm mega hyped and super intrigued by the material shown. It feels like the awesome hype from FF 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12.

Rinoa

Stella.. Luna... I have a necklace like Luna, and white grecian wrap dress. Damn fashion tastes keep hitting me right in the feels.

Big One

Banned
Looks pretty fucking tight actually. I like how it finally shows off the open ended nature of the game which is what had me worried for the longest time. Now it's confirmed we're getting a good variety of areas and open spaces to explore which is just awesome.

Top Bottom