• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

comment-friday-damn.jpg

Wagram

I'm slightly concerned over the movement animations. I can't tell if Noctis is in like a QTE- esque attack animation or if that's how it really is.

EDIT: Tetsuya Nomura is out? There goes my hopes that I could customize that car with zippers and belts.

Go_Ly_Dow

AT ABOUT 29 SECONDS YOU CAN SEE SOME HOUSES IN THE BACKGROUND WHEN THEY DRIVE

SMALLER TOWNS/SETTLEMENTS CONFIRMED TO BE INTERGRATED IN TO THE WORLD MAP?

Oublieux

It... Looks pretty. But, beyond that, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. The gameplay is hard to judge without actually having any hands-on time, and it's impossible to figure out any concrete plot flow through the trailer.

I will remain wary. I loved everything about Square, but after FFXII, I haven't been able to get that sense of magic from them through their games.

Ruas

Banned
I don't like the character design.And I'd prefer a medieval setting. Hope the story is decent at least.

eliochip

Looks technically impressive and artistically disappointing. So dull and corny

Hope the game turns out okay but I'm already cringing at the characters

The whole car thing is really weird to me. Seems incredibly out of place.

Huh? It's perfectly in line with the rest of the stuff we've been shown. The city that gets destroyed in what appears to be the opening hours of the game is all ultra modern, and the car has been heavily featured in most of the previous trailers. Some of the dialog made it pretty clear they had just fled the city and were on the run, now they're in the wilderness.

I mean, there's context as to why we're seeing what we're seeing. There's no real need to look at these visual elements in a vacuum and say "car = technology, grass = nature. TECHNOLOGY =/= NATURE SO OUT OF PLACE OMG".

LowParry

I really like what I see about the combat. It seems like your party really does act like a party when it comes to attacks and support. The combat system I'm really really interested in seeing more. Just the way the character interact with each other is awesome.

chadboban

Looks so freaking amazing. The world looks so damn gorgeous. Please JRPG gods, let me have this and Xenoblade Chronicles X next year and I'll be eternally in your debt.

Delio

Huh where are the playable females? Or are we not getting any in this game? Glad it's similar to Xenoblade.

Tirod

I can't tell if they made any changes to Stella since the E3 2013 trailer (where we got that cropped, zoomed in image of just her face) but WOW she looks great in this new trailer. Much better than that initial design from those trailers all those years ago.

And, of course, as the rest of the trailer goes, I loved the visuals, music, and banter, but the camera and speed of combat concern me. Notcis' "dodge roll" animation looked really awkward too, he just does a side step and stands around for awhile.

In Tabata I trust, I enjoyed Crisis Core immensely.

Anteater

Like the trailer but I think they're showing really basic combat features, since majority of it are cutscenes and dialogues.

Combat seems to show AIs slowly doing 1 or 2 slashes and the character dodging, with enemies mostly targeting the other characters. Hope they have more combat footage from TGS, otherwise it looks decent. The teleporting is interesting, I wonder if it's just used as a platforming sort of thing or could be used in combat.

I also wonder if there'll be populated towns and such in the game with npcs. The scale and giant enemies are awesome.

wmlk

The scale for this game, man.

Xenoblade inspired so much. I can't be happier. This is gonna be awesome.

Mush

I had to do a double take at the start of the trailer to make sure I was actually watching the right thing.

Top Bottom