• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Ships 3M Units Worldwide

Can someone explain this to me? Amazon is "sold out" of this game. You can buy it with a ship date of late mid July. Are they conceding the market for physical games post release to places that also have a retail presence like Walmart, Best Buy and Target? I get that most sales are moving to digital, but to throw in the towel like this for hot games in the weeks after launch is pathetic.

I originally had it preordered from Amazon and cancelled because I was busy and figured I would wait to make sure I could play it.
Amazon represents a low market share of PS4/PS5 games and consoles and a higher market share for Nintendo Switch games/consoles compared to other retailers.

And yes, it’s back ordered until 20th July and beyond, I’ll suggest you get it from other retailer.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Amazon represents a low market share of PS4/PS5 games and consoles and a higher market share for Nintendo Switch games/consoles compared to other retailers.

And yes, it’s back ordered until 20th July and beyond, I’ll suggest you get it from other retailer.
I got it at Walmart this morning after hitting the park for a walk. I could easily get it in several stores or from those chains online. The game is selling well, one would think that a major online retailer would rather get a cut of that instead of not. A sale is a sale and they are not making any if they can't deliver next day or 2 days.

NahaNago

This 3 million seems so low after these big hits we've had this year like hogwarts and I'm guessing zelda blew past 3 million in pre-orders.

Top Bottom