• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeD.nL

I wonder what's the interaction between Wary Fighter and Quick Riposte.

Same as Armads I presume. Basically if the skill has 'follow-up' in the text Wary Fighter will block it. But Brave Lance for example would work because it's listed as "attack twice".

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
*Gives Cecilia Triangle Adept 1 (+10% triangle severity)*

Hm............

43 Atk * 1.2 vs 6 Res should be 45. However, she's dealing 49 which means...

BRB, KILLING ROY
This confirms that giving Robin Triangle Adept works against colorless, right?

Gotchaye

Same as Armads I presume. Basically if the skill has 'follow-up' in the text Wary Fighter will block it. But Brave Lance for example would work because it's listed as "attack twice".

Armads is the only way that Quick Riposte can interact with Wary Fighter - they're both B skills. But has someone actually tested this?

Blue orb turned out to be Nowi. Not the dragon I was aiming for...

Is she good? Def+ res- iv

Also got lucius hp+ atk- lol. I want ninian. 😥

Whizkid7

So many options, so many choices, I don't even know where to begin!

Oh wait, yes I do. EPHRAIM SUPER TANK HO!

BRB turning Minerva into a monster - oh wait, I can't give her Swordbreaker. At least they made THAT impossible. But I CAN give her Threaten Speed 3 and have her & Ephraim tag team debuff everything into oblivion...

So what you're telling me here with this sweet research and math is I should be putting Triangle Adept on M Robin for the sweet Takumi hard counter?

This confirms that giving Robin Triangle Adept works against colorless, right?

Yes. :eek: Without Vengeance, Takumi'll deal 0 damage to MRobin who'll deal 38 damage in return. That's 2 damage (i.e. an attack buff or correct nature) short of ending a neutral Takumi for 100% free (as if taking 0 damage wasn't good enough). It'll also help in his admittedly mediocre red matchups...

I was going to comment that someone gets Triangle Adept Rank 3 at 4* so you don't need to kill Roy!

Then I remembered it was Roy.

...RIP ROY

I keep debating upgrading an Odin for the sole purpose of getting Blarblade+ onto Linde. 20k feathers! But Linde! It's DIY Nino that I was willing to upgrade if I pulled a 4*! etc.

;-;7

As for Blarblade+ Linde, ask yourself: "Does she -really- need even more attack power"?
The answer is "Couldn't hurt".

CAV casters with Blades and hone fortify cavalry is going to be disgusting.

+30 Atk from 2 buffer units...I'm not sure the 5* -blade spells are even necessary for them. lol

Firemind

What's a good special to give Roy? Was leaning towards draconic aura or moonbow.
He's a defensive unit so I was thinking Escutcheon or Sacred Cowl. Moonbow is kind of counterintuitive with Seal Def I would think. I imagine Moonbow would calculate the -30% drop after Seal Def has already applied.

Totakeke

One way the meta could change with all the "powerful" skills activating below HP thresholds, is that it's even more offensive than before. You either want to kill a unit entirely or not touch them at all. And also not let them attack you to get themselves below a hp threshold.

Someone said put desperation on Linde before and use ardent sacrifice to get her below a HP threshold, but that's actually a lot of work in arena because you have to have another unit get hit by the enemy, and retreat without danger of dying, and have Linde spend at least a turn healing him, only then whole plan starts working.

Mupod

yeah I don't think a few extra attack from blarblade+ is worth 20k feathers on Odin, considering Ursula would be getting +36 when attacking and fully buffed.

If you're only passing his regular tome then you can also send along Odin's Moonbow and its prerequisite too. Probably beats Ursula's crappy special. When Odin talked about his hidden potential I don't think this is what he meant...

Anyways I do want to try the cavalry thing, but I don't want to go all in and toss out my good team because I don't have anyone to fill their shoes. My best Gunter and only Jeigan are 3* so it'd be a feather investment one way or the other. I wish there was a good fast axe cavalry but that doesn't exist in this game...at least not yet. I do have a +atk -spd 4* Eliwood I guess but I want MAX POWER.

kswiston

Based on the notification, the four things that would affect matchmaking, and hence arena points, are essentially the same as what it is today.

TF8I68d.png

I believe the question is how the weighting will change.

Right now, the only thing that matters for arena points is total stats. Whether those are base stats, or stats that are derived from skills/weapons, doesn't matter. Level, rarity, etc don't factor into it.

People have worked out the arena points formula

MaxPoints = (RoundDown( Enemy Rating / 4) + 150)*bonus.

PointsEarned = RoundDown(MaxPoints(1-0.1 * #allies_killed_in_arena))

Basically the bonus value is 2 if you have a bonus character, or 1 if you don't. You lose 10% of the max points total for every one of your characters killed in an arena battle.

Match-making might consider other factors, but even that is heavily weighted towards the total stat average for your team. Enemy teams are pretty much always within 5% of your stat total.

I almost never see 4-star characters in arena, even though I have been running a max-level, 4-star Kagero for weeks. My team has a pretty low stat total at present, since I am using that 4-star Kagero, and a level 35 Sanaki for the bonus (along with max-level Marth and Robin). As such, I see a mix of max-level mages/colorless units, or a bunch of melee units/cavalry that are level 32-39. I see very few armors because their stat totals are too high.

The hope is for other factors to play a greater role in both arena points and matchmaking. Most of the characters that can mop armors up end up costing you too many arena points currently due to their low stat totals.

He's a defensive unit so I was thinking Escutcheon or Sacred Cowl. Moonbow is kind of counterintuitive with Seal Def I would think. I imagine Moonbow would calculate the -30% drop after Seal Def has already applied.

I was thinking quick cool down and the seal def occurs after the turn.

Totakeke

Right now, the only thing that matters for arena points is total stats. Whether those are base stats, or stats that are derived from skills/weapons, doesn't matter. Level, rarity, etc don't factor into it.

People have worked out the arena points formula

MaxPoints = (RoundDown( Enemy Rating / 4) + 150)*bonus.

PointsEarned = RoundDown(MaxPoints(1-0.1 * #allies_killed_in_arena))

Basically the bonus value is 2 if you have a bonus character, or 1 if you don't. You lose 10% of the max points total for every one of your characters killed in an arena battle.

Match-making might consider other factors, but even that is heavily weighted towards the total stat average for your team. Enemy teams are pretty much always within 5% of your stat total.

I almost never see 4-star characters in arena, even though I have been running a max-level, 4-star Kagero for weeks. My team has a pretty low stat total at present, since I am using that 4-star Kagero, and a level 35 Sanaki for the bonus (along with max-level Marth and Robin). As such, I see a mix of max-level mages/colorless units, or a bunch of melee units/cavalry that are level 32-39. I see very few armors because their stat totals are too high.

The hope is for other factors to play a greater role in both arena points and matchmaking. Most of the characters that can mop armors up end up costing you too many arena points currently due to their low stat totals.

I know how the formula works. I'm saying based on their brief description of the new system I can have it work out the exact same way as it is right now.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I wonder if there's a skill to make Camilla useful again?
I was wondering if giving her the ability that makes her drag her target back after attacking would help her. Her main role is in diving behind enemy lines to kill key units, but it's often a suicide move. Having her pull back any units that survive might help.

Or maybe she could get Galeforce for crazy double kills. But then doesn't Cordelia already do that, but as a blue?

kswiston

I know how the formula works. I'm saying based on their brief description of the new system I can have it work out the exact same way as it is right now.

Some of those things don't matter at all currently though. I see zero evidence that star value, base stat values, or skills matter in any way other than the fact that they generally influence/limit your stat totals.

The update notice says that those factors will directly influence the arena scores and matchmaking.

Mupod

Narcian might be a good use for Iote's. He's pretty resilient and if all you want to do is delete a lance user and survive a turn he'll get the job done. He's got an open A slot already.

Of course I wouldn't invest heavily in him since Michalis himself is looking decent based on datamining. Just a thought.

Did any of you beat the 10th stratum mission?

You need to win it 15 times, lol. I've beaten the infantry one twice and it wasn't easy because I got some troll ass enemies.

Syntsui

Narcian might be a good use for Iote's. He's pretty resilient and if all you want to do is delete a lance user and survive a turn he'll get the job done. He's got an open A slot already.

Of course I wouldn't invest heavily in him since Michalis himself is looking decent based on datamining. Just a thought.

You need to win it 15 times, lol. I've beaten the infantry one twice and it wasn't easy because I got some troll ass enemies.

That's just insane considering the match up is always random. Even the biggest whales will struggle.

Sushen

How does Escape Route works? I've been running Marth since the beginning and never used it as I don't understand how it works.

This skill inheritance is too overwhelming for me. I need more information to try some combinations.

PK Gaming

Wow does no one see the potential of Young Tiki inheriting Adult Tiki's Lightning Breath+? Young Tiki going to shoot to S+ rank!

You're thinking too small

People are already making busted set ups like Death Blow spam Cavalry teams, Swordbreaker Nowi and Julia with Lancebreaker (who ends up ORKO every blue unit in the game) and other silly nonsense

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ultimate dragon comp coming online with Super OP Young Tiki, Corrin, Ninian, and Nowi. Get ready for Arena hell.

kewlmyc

You're thinking too small

People are already making busted set ups like Death Blow spam Cavalry teams, Swordbreaker Nowi and Julia with Lancebreaker (who ends up ORKO every blue unit in the game) and other silly nonsense

Same should work for Nino. Yoooooo.....

Yes. :eek: Without Vengeance, Takumi'll deal 0 damage to MRobin who'll deal 38 damage in return. That's 2 damage (i.e. an attack buff or correct nature) short of ending a neutral Takumi for 100% free (as if taking 0 damage wasn't good enough). It'll also help in his admittedly mediocre red matchups...

FUCKING YOOOOOOOO.

Narcian and Roy are about to be sacrificed to the gods.

Gotchaye

What are the best Specials? Moonbow and Luna are up there. Probably Iceberg and Bonfire are better than Glacies and Ignis, right? And you'd probably want to stack your attack type with the mitigation stat that you get bonus attack from. Draconic Aura and Dragon Fang are more reliable versions of those. Probably they tend to be better on high Atk characters.

Luna is probably worse than type-matched Iceberg/Bonfire. It does more damage when you have color advantage and less at a disadvantage, but either one is probably sufficient to kill something you have advantage against. I think Moonbow is just incredible on almost anything with good Spd - it can trigger every combat in which both heroes get to attack.

Sölf

I have now spent around 1-2 hours and finally inherited a few skills. These are in german, but I will translate them. Some are just for the lulz, others are actually useful I guess. xD

Elise got Res+3 and Savage Blow 3. xD
Ephraim got Draw Back and Res+2.
Nino got Draconic Aura and Seal Res 1.
Young Tiki got Smite and Brash Assault 2.

This will now be my defense team which probably can fuck up some enemies. xD
I also teached Julia Poison Strike 2 and Harsh Command, but she doesn't have enough SP to learn everything yet (only enough for Poison Strike 1).

Draxal

What are the best Specials? Moonbow and Luna are up there. Probably Iceberg and Bonfire are better than Glacies and Ignis, right? And you'd probably want to stack your attack type with the mitigation stat that you get bonus attack from. Draconic Aura and Dragon Fang are more reliable versions of those. Probably they tend to be better on high Atk characters.

Luna is probably worse than type-matched Iceberg/Bonfire. It does more damage when you have color advantage and less at a disadvantage, but either one is probably sufficient to kill something you have advantage against. I think Moonbow is just incredible on almost anything with good Spd - it can trigger every combat in which both heroes get to attack.

Those are the two best imho. Luna works well with Eldigan and quick riposte imho.

Sölf

Oh yeah, I also used my orbs to pull twice again, got 4* Effie and 4* Peri, both new units and FINALLY A USEFUL ARMOR UNIT! <3

Alucrid

Banned
reprisal kinda sucks, right? considering that kagero usually either one shots or is one shot? what should replace it, moonbow, maybe draconic aura?

PK Gaming

Yeah, lower charge specials > higher charged specials, with Moonbow being super valuable (and common, thanks Odin)

Firemind

reprisal kinda sucks, right? considering that kagero usually either one shots or is one shot? what should replace it, moonbow, maybe draconic aura?
Reprisal lets her OHKO M-Robin on the counter I think. Someone do the numbers.

I think Warding Blow and Daggerbreaker should get booted out first. She also has a free C skill slot.

Alucrid

Banned
whoa, wait. i was under the impression that learning new A/B/C skills would overwrite your old ones. it doesn't? is there a limit?

Totakeke

Some of those things don't matter at all currently though. I see zero evidence that star value, base stat values, or skills matter in any way other than the fact that they generally influence/limit your stat totals.

The update notice says that those factors will directly influence the arena scores and matchmaking.

Base stat values + skills + merge levels = total stats of a character.

what good type C and special skills would go well with Effie? Thinking of something like Threaten Atk 3 on type C but have no idea on what to use for the special

Alucrid

Banned
Reprisal lets her OHKO M-Robin on the counter I think. Someone do the numbers.

I think Warding Blow and Daggerbreaker should get booted out first. She also has a free C skill slot.

that's a good point. i need 20k feathers though to get deathblow +3 and can't decide on b/c

Totakeke

I took that statement as implying weapon mt doesn't matter for determining base stats any more, which helps brave users because their low mt weapon won't be held against them now.

Then what does factoring into skills mean? I would take that statement that way if they completely excluded mentioning skills.

It's just not enough information to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom