• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First ever DriveClub direct feed racing footage (GamesCom)

Tried watching it on my phone, impossible to tell if it looked amazing or awful, gave up.

From the comments here it sounds like it's good.

They said they're trying, but they're not there yet.

Regardless...this could be the start of something REAL REAL good.

These graphics and this lighting locked at 30FPS will be great and look wonderful. 60FPS has become more of a console fanboy picking point than anything else. That lighting looks like nothing I have seen on a racing game, EDIT: And I mean how the light moves across the dash board, the different shades of the dark dashboard. Awesome.

Salex

Banned
Oh man let me see that same track during night time!
OhYes.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Also very good sense of speed for 30 fps racer. Lightning is phenomenal. Can't wait to see night races

Now I only need to know how much € will it cost to upgrade from the PS+ Version to the full version fellow GAFfers.

Yeah I need to know the price too.

But there's a great deal in EU on both the retail and the digital version. Buy it and get 50% off a year of PS+.

nib95

Banned
Interesting that all the first party stuff has seen noticeable graphical improvements since E3. So many here were peddling the idea things wouldn't improve and some even claiming we'd get downgrades...

Good to see GG and Evo living up to their past.

evolution

I wonder why they put this on Facebook first. It wasn't uploaded from the ps4 because they had to edit the video. Maybe there isn't an official driveclub YouTube channel.

The_Monk

Yeah I need to know the price too.

But there's a great deal in EU on both the retail and the digital version. Buy it and get 50% off a year of PS+.

Yes, I saw that deal fellow GAFfer, just need to know how much will be the upgrade price, then I'll decide. ;)

amar212

I am the only one who can't say anything about the graphics because the fb video quality is crap?

Same here.

It looks nice, but I can't tell anything really, especially from the cockpit section... compression is horrid.

Waiting for YouTube or direct download link - Rushy, please.

I wonder how this game plays out if you aren't in a Club. I'd love to jump in and play whenever and not have to worry about logging in on certain times and days to do race events.

Gestault

Damn looks amazing, but still, it needs to go to 60fps or no buy.

Project Gotham Racing 3/4 and Forza Horizon are some of the best arcade racers out there, and they play beautifully at 30 fps. If running at that framerate is this game's biggest problem, it's the best news I've heard all day.

Loudninja

Interesting that all the first party stuff has seen noticeable graphical improvements since E3. So many here were peddling the idea things wouldn't improve and some even claiming we'd get downgrades...

Good to see GG and Evo living up to their past.
Knack got a nice boost as well.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Really looking forward to trying this on PS+.

I don't like sim racers so hopefully I can arcade it up in the options.

I dunno, the trees look good. and a pretty good sense of speed for 30 but still doesnt look as good as the in car gif from the reveal. Ill await a better video before final judgement

I think I know what they are going to do, it's all clear now, this game is going to be 30fps in single player mode and 60fps in multiplayer.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Motorstorm looked really good as well so this really was no surprise.

Jacobi

Banned
Wow, at 720p and with Facebook video's muddy compression, it almost looks real. Now I'm tempted for the PS4.

Disclaimer; I'm not really into racers
I like the amount of detail there is (despite the jaggies) and it looks really fluid and smooth.

Also, it's way more interesting to watch in the first person mode rather than when the whole car is showing.

Damaniel

Banned
If the game looks like that, then I can live with locked 30fps. At least the lower framerate doesn't appear to be affecting the sense of speed. And those trees! Seriously impressive stuff.

I have no idea why people like racing games, the closest i have come to enjoying racing games was NFS underground, Midnight club LA, Crash Team Racing and Mario Kart. That said, the environment in that video looked impressive

Top Bottom