• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First ever DriveClub direct feed racing footage (GamesCom)

SkylineRKR

This looks amazing, how realistic would it be to ask for 60fps on this console?

The video isn't even 1080p, so I expect it to look even better.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Have they said anything about what that free version for PS Plus users is gonna be like? I'm wondering if it's the kind of version that you'd be better off just buying the game or what....

The_Monk

Well well fellow The_Monk, don't get irritated now, that would be a first. :p

Anyway, this looks SO SEXY. I have yet to play Forza Horizon to finish this gen racing games (and GT6 when I get a PS3) but I guess the PS+ #DriveClub IGC is gonna be really great.

Can't wait.

Oh no, it's okay, I just don't see a point for coming to a thread about a Racing game and saying that "I have no idea why people like racing games". I just don't feel it add nothing to a discussion which is all about what this fine Community is! :)

You should play Horizon, it's a great game in my opinion. And with how this game looks I'm even more curious about Gran Turismo on the PS4.

Either way Drive Club is a Day One for me. Physical version or PS Plus upgraded version, still to decide.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally something we can use to judge the game.

The environmental detail and how lush everything is is kinda impressive. Physics kinda make it look like the cars control on ice, I guess that's better judged by actually playing though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Blimblim is at Gamescom Rushy, just give him a raw copy and let him upload it.

Looks much nicer without the off-cam messing with the lighting. Looked like the sun was setting on the second lap, was hoping there would be a third lap for proper sunset - oh well.

Uncompressed video please, this has potential for glory.

Also congratulations on proper next gen trees.

Hell, it's not just trees, the environment in general, when it gets to those areas where it's trees + people + small houses, everything looks amazing.

Only the mountains could use a bit better texturing imo.

Blimblim is at Gamescom Rushy, just give him a raw copy and let him upload it.

Looks much nicer without the off-cam messing with the lighting. Looked like the sun was setting on the second lap, was hoping there would be a third lap for proper sunset - oh well.

Rushy already left.

orioto

Good Art™
Wait wait wait, what are people so positive about suddenly lol ? It looks way worse than blim blim off screen vids to me.. This facebook vid is 2001 internet level..

Is there an other link ?

bud

the environment and lighting look great, but i don't see anything that's so impressive that it'd be hard to pull the same thing off at 60fps.

just imagine gran turismo on ps4... hnnngggg.

gngf123

It looks good, but it doesn't look quite as good as I expected somehow. Maybe it's because of the low bitrate 720p video. Still very interested to see what the release build will look like.

Ploid 3.0

Quite possibly the most beautiful racing game I have ever seen. The scenery is jaw dropping, I can almost smell the plants, and people. My goodness.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i'm not sure if my eyes or my ears hurt more after watching that. why are gamersyde the only site who manage to put out relatively clean 1080p footage?

i'm gonna assume all these replies have some experimental decompression software that i've never heard of.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
smh, I don't get the 180s based on this footage. Much of what seems to be getting everyone excited about this new footage was apparent in the 35% build yet that was so disappointing, not next-gen enough, half-assed etc., etc.

SJRB

Gold Member
The dashboard reflects on the windshield, for fucks sake. Blows my mind haha.

Game looks gorgeous.

Sorc3r3r

Looks very good.
All those blocked red road branches in the minimap make my mind go crazy: dreaming on really really big course like 20 km or something like that.
Is my mind dreaming too far?

:)

smh, I don't get the 180s based on this footage. Much of what seems to be getting everyone excited about this new footage was apparent in the 35% build yet that was so disappointing, not next-gen enough, half-assed etc., etc.

The other Gamescom gameplay thread was very positive too.

Driveclub looked fantastic in motion. Super smooth and the levels are full of details ( forest looked really good) ... It felt similar to NFS levels of gameplay and the most important for me, it was fast ... Imense fast

I switched from hater to buyer

nib95

Banned

There's a big difference. Mainly in textures, amount of background detail, foliage etc. The backgrounds of the E3 demo looked bland, though the lighting, shadows and car model looked great. This new demo fixes past problems and just provides a much prettier backdrop. Still has frame rate and aliasing issues mind, but it's come a long way.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It will have all the modes but not all the cars or tracks.
Ah, as long as you can buy the tracks you want that might be all right then.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Facebook footage quality looks like crap to me even with the "HD" on. Please for the love of Uzbekistani Leprechaun Jesus, release uncompressed 1080P footage. Please.

Top Bottom