• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Five year old kid writes a story, 29 year old man animates it. The result is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Ask Axe Cop is up! :D

http://axecop.com/index.php/acask/read/ask_axe_cop_13/

ASK-AXE-COP-13.png

Lemon grenades. Holy shit.

These guys are bound to end up in Hollywood. Who's up for an Axe Cop live action directed and produced by these guys?

Mashing

I don't know, if it was a show the suits would probably hinder the creativity that Axe Cop has.

I mean, I'm 32 fucking years old and I'm laughing like a school girl at this shit because it's just so random.

Lebron

Yeah, show or no show, I'm more than satisfied with the comics. This stuff is golden.

"I will never be in love because I work all day and all night as an Axe cop. Night is the easiest time to kill bad guys because they are asleep, so I have no time for love."

The kid has the right idea already, and he is only five. Truly ahead of his years.

The music is so....authentic sounding, kind of like the intro songs for cartoons and tv shows we grew up watching 20+ years ago. Outstanding video.

Rorschach

Aske said:
Lies! Blood grants power in the Axe Cop universe. See Sockerang/Bad Santa for confirmation. And as for Avocado Soldier - the fruit is to blame. Axe Cop and Dinosaur Soldier both gained power from fruit, as did Telescope Gun Cop and Uni-Baby.

For FUCK's sake, pay attention to the story. This is how religious wars start.

:D
:lol

I hadn't gotten that far! Forgive my faulty attempts at foreshadowing!

grumble

This is extremely awesome, but at the same time reminds me a lot of the 'ow my balls' show in Idiocracy. People get entertained by more and more stupid shit until eventually we're all legitimate morons.

Kettch

I love how he doesn't just wish for aliens to die. He wishes for them to turn evil first, and then die. Can't kill them while they're good aliens!

ow my balls is stupid, repetitive shit

This is something incredibly creative and earnest coming from a 5 year old. The difference is GAF is far more patient because it's in comic form. Little kids come up with fantastic stuff all the time, all you gotta do is give them a listen.

Aske

Rorschach said:
:lol

I hadn't gotten that far! Forgive my faulty attempts at foreshadowing!

I know what you mean though - I often start wondering about the logic behind the plot; not so much in terms of the Axe Cop universe, but in terms of Malachai's thought processes. When I read the bits about front kicks and jabs, I wondered if he watches UFC, and if so, how much of it he digests. When he came up with that section about the childless parents who adopt Uni-Baby, it makes me think about his moral philosophy and sense of justification and causation. Parents have 1000 kids, but they all die, so of course they'd want to adopt anything that's going. Match made in heaven. But a new baby isn't the same as their old babies...so we'll bring all the dead ones back PLUS 2000 000 000 more for good measure, because more is always better! But I guess that's kind of too many to sensibly live on earth...etc. It's like watching someone try to balance both sides of a set of scales using only the heaviest weights they can find.

Really is awesome on so many levels.

FlightOfHeaven said:
ow my balls is stupid, repetitive shit

This is something incredibly creative and earnest coming from a 5 year old. The difference is GAF is far more patient because it's in comic form. Little kids come up with fantastic stuff all the time, all you gotta do is give them a listen.

Agreed - surreal tales from the mouths of children are far more mentally engaging than nut shots in America's Funniest Home Videos. The key to Axe Cop's greatness is the fact that these disparate ramblings have been distilled into a coherent story with a sense of continuity. Ethan's art and the pruning and direction he brings to the table are just as crucial to the creative expression as Malachai's random acts of epic genius.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
All 1,000 of your kids shall live again...

Plus 2,000 million more.

Nert

Bad_Boy said:
i feel left out. i cant find the funny. not hating though, cool concept. its just not for me.

I would have thought that the little flute theme that played in the video when they introduced "Flute Cop" would have been enough to get anyone : /

Jin

My favorite is seeing Flute Cop fighting the dinosaurs by...playing the flute :lol

Good thing he transform to Dinosaur Solider...then to Avocado man...then back to Dinosaur.

He loves the idea that people go for try-outs for the cops. Wonder where he got that from? If I had to try and predict an event in a future episode, then try-outs would be about the only guess I think I'd feel safe with :lol

Salsa

2z4h4ow.jpg

best first panel ever ?

this needs to get made into something, i want this kid to have money.

Edit: had to do this:

2wc3czn.jpg

Sharp

Dude, these stories actually kick ass in a totally non-ironic way. I could seriously see this shit on Adult Swim or something.

Also, yeah, in general, I think kids' natural creativity makes them pretty great storytellers. I remember back in the day my friends and I used to dictate stories to my dad, they still hold up okay today. Nothing like this though, the stuff this kid is producing is a cut above even when you factor in the 29-year-old's interpretation.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You probably shouldn't hotlink to their site, I don't know. Doesn't seem like a good idea.

bwzg7.png

Training is for pansies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Hawkian said:
You probably shouldn't hotlink to their site, I don't know. Doesn't seem like a good idea.

bwzg7.png

Training is for pansies.
Unfortunately this is the biggest continuity error in the story. He didn't have the axe in the beginning!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Unfortunately this is the biggest continuity error in the story. He didn't have the axe in the beginning!

You're right, although the origin story complicates things even more of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom