• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I would love it if Rockstar announced a new Red Dead but I think we'll be getting a lot of GTA 5 this year.

I'm pretty hyped up for GTA actually. GTA 4 was a good game and Episodes from Liberty City was perfection.

Salvadora

James Ducker says City are pulling the plug on the Hazard deal unless he lowers his wage demands.

The deal is £30m fee + agents fee (rumoured to be £6m) +£200k p/w.

There is no way United are meeting those demands. Chelsea bound I sense.

Even they can't be that mad.

E3 is going to be incredibly dull this year. Nintendo will win by default because of new console and probably Mario, F-Zero and StarFox.

I'm only interested in The Last Of Us and Dishonoured of announced games. Last Guardian and Agent if they exist.

It really is, isn't it? Been feeling incredible jaded about games in general for some time and e3 seems to offer noting too exciting for me, the last of us? Sure. But that's about it and I don't see anyone announcing anything special.

Still have god of war 3 in plastic wrap, lol.

rodvik

Has this been confirmed anywhere? Where would he go?

He would go to gods own football club of course.

ole-gunnar-solskjaer-in-charge-of-molde-in-norway-503440185.jpg

jtb

Banned
hopefully City/Chelsea don't agree to Hazard's wage demands. 200k a week is fucking ludicrous... that's the kind of wages Ronaldo/Messi get. at least Kaka was the best player in the world when city tried breaking the bank for him; I'm sure Anzhi would love a talented player like Hazard to lead their squad into the champions league.

It would actually be really funny if he ended up in Russia.

It would. But he won't, especially not Anzhi, isn't that the club where that is in such a remote fucking place? He (and Lille) are obviously just pushing the price and wage as much as possible while he can have lots of time to make the right decision. I'm sure Chelsea weren't even an option for him until they won CL but now there's suddenly another horse in the race so it's not too dumb of him to have waited.

The only time I have used GFWL was with Batman and it took me about 30 min to get the damn thing to work. So bad first and only experience with it. Then I saw people complain about it corrupting save games on here... So yeah, just trying to stay away from it.
It's one of those things that I've heard so many complaints about. But I've personally never run in to any of the issues I've heard of people having and it's always run smoothly. So I enjoyed how it integrated with the 360.

This. I mean, did you see him at the parade yesterday? He seemed happy with his surroundings, and got into the celebrations with some gusto. Hell, he might be frustrated and perhaps rightfully so, but he doesn't seem unhappy to me. Now that the Drog is leaving, it seems that this will be Torres' time to finally shine. Hopefully.
I believe it was him who was belting out we are the champions.

Fëanor

I have personally experienced more issues with Steam since I began using it many many years ago. Oh well, I like getting those achievements for my Xbox live account!

Fëanor;38077687 said:
I have personally experienced more issues with Steam since I began using it many many years ago. Oh well, I like getting those achievements for my Xbox live account!

Well me too, seeing as the first time I ever used steam it was pretty much down for a whole day with HL2 launch.
LLShC.gif

It would. But he won't, especially not Anzhi, isn't that the club where that is in such a remote fucking place? He (and Lille) are obviously just pushing the price and wage as much as possible while he can have lots of time to make the right decision. I'm sure Chelsea weren't even an option for him until they won CL but now there's suddenly another horse in the race so it's not too dumb of him to have waited.

Some perspective:

Map_of_Russia_-_Republic_of_Dagestan_%282008-03%29.svg

It's by the sea, at least.

And yes, you're exactly right.

sixghost

Thats cute.

It's crazy to think that there was a period of about 10 minutes on the last day where Villa were only avoiding relegation based on goal differential. When both QPR and Bolton were leading in the 77th minute, the table looked like:

16) QPR - 40
17) Villa - 38
18) Bolton - 38

Wigan finished 5 points above them too, they accumulated 28 points since Jan 1, compared to Villas 15.

rodvik

It's crazy to think that there was a period of about 10 minutes on the last day where Villa were only avoiding relegation based on goal differential. When both QPR and Bolton were leading in the 77th minute, the table looked like:

16) QPR - 40
17) Villa - 38
18) Bolton - 38

Wigan finished 5 points above them too.

No kidding. Believe me many of us thought we were going down a game earlier. The last day happily we were safe no matter what.

It has been an appalling two seasons. Happily we got lucky and stayed up. I am confident we will strengthen in the summer and get back to mid table mediocrity under our new Viking warlord leader.

Interestingly the game that kept us up against Spurs also ended up making them miss CL football. Funny old game.

FootballFan

Ok, I have a request for Football GAF. I want you all to vote on what name goes on the back of this seasons kits. Names with the most votes win.

These kits:

FRANCE Away - Anyone I guess.
PORTUGAL Home - Anyone except Ronaldo, Pepe or Coentrao.
PORTUGAL Away - Nani
SPAIN Home - Villa
SPAIN Away - Busquets
NETHERLANDS Home - Huntelaar
NETHERLANDS Away - Afellay
GERMANY Home - Gotze
GERMANY Away - Lahm
BRAZIL Home - Neymar
BRAZIL Away - Alves

MANCHESTER UTD Home - Valencia or Hazard :p
MANCHESTER CITY Home - Toure
ARSENAL Home - Wilshere
CHELSEA Home - Luiz
LIVERPOOL Home - Suarez

BARCELONA Home - You probably have everyone already, get Thiago.
BARCELONA Away - Pedro
JUVENTUS Home - Pirlo
NAPOLI Home - Hamsik(would be Lavezzi but strong rumours saying he is going to PSG)
AC Milan Home - Boateng
BAYYYYYYERN Home - Robben ! Jokes. Muller.

Vote away GAF. Thanks :p

Those are my choices, you probably already have those players though lol. I see I am a bit late, just reading through the thread atm.

uSt1l.png

Ik36A.png

Old pics on my phone, new kits since but you get the idea

Whats that Madrid kit doing there?! and inter too. :O

oWHKm.jpg

Ruud van Nistelrooy left in the worst possible way..

That is a good photo :lol

By helping Malaga qualify for the CL ? Didn't think it was THAT bad.

Awesome angle of Ronaldo's FK vs APOEL

I love clips like this. Very similar to the free kick he scored against Blackburn for United.

Same. Like Messis goal against Valencia in this clip

Wow, that's crazy. Long flight?
Of course!
its 1250 miles away.

wait, what?

Yeah, apparently until they build better facilities in Mahachkala. Plus Dagestan isn't the safest place you could be since it borders Chechnya. Wouldn't surprise me if UEFA doesn't let them play Europa League games there. Too bad since they have really passionate fans. At least the players can stay in Moscow for those games and avoid the travel.

ATF487

Messi do you want a blank 2010-2011 away LFC kit? I bought an XL from the Liverpool store a year ago but it didn't fit me. Actually it's free if anyone wants it.

new-lfc-away-shirt-2010-11.jpg

Please post more often. I love hearing stuff like this.

I'll try to post more often. Unless I get too depressed when Russia crashes out of Euros. And plenty of strange shit happens in the russian league all the time. I mean 7 of the top 8 teams are likely switching managers next year.

PrematureQuiche, I see you playing as Molde!!!

Yeah! I'm quite excited about OGS coming to the league and after hearing you play as them I had one quick game before bed (then ended up catching up on this thread :/) they were quite good but I lost 4-3 against Egypt hitting the post with the last kick of the game :(

I wish the 3ds had more games.

I got mine about 5 months ago and I only have 3 games. Hurry up E3.

What do you have? Have you tried Pushmo, Kid Icarus, Resident Evil: Revelations? If so, give them a go.

Also, I'm really enjoying Max Payne 3's single player and, surprisingly, its multiplayer too. I am starting to believe that free aim playlists are only for the masochistic, however.

Clegg

What do you have? Have you tried Pushmo, Kid Icarus, Resident Evil: Revelations? If so, give them a go.

Also, I'm really enjoying Max Payne 3's single player and, surprisingly, its multiplayer too. I am starting to believe that free aim playlists are only for the masochistic, however.

I have NSMB, Ocarina of Time and Kid Icarus.

I know there are a lot of good games that will be released in the future but right now my 3ds is a bit barren.

I've realised that we have a great community here. Everyone seems to like and respect each other and everyone has the same sense of humour which is awesome!

Never change footie-gaf <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom