• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Anyone get that laser rifle yet from a supply drop? Is it even in yet?

Shit, I won.

Just wanted to try it out, and then I won in my third game. I think I love it. Damnit, this wasn't supposed to happen, I don't have time to get addicted to a game right now!

542200fee0bfb53947f194b1854131c751a8954453e83f057fb684c6ef6650c2.jpg

thenexus6

I really hope they add seasonal events to this game. I know its too late now but I can imagine for Halloween them doing the entire map themed for like a week. At night, gravestones, decorations in the towns etc. It would be awesome.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I can get top 10 pretty consistently, but I have to work on my late game in order to win more consistently. I feel like building will be key.

I really hope they add seasonal events to this game. I know its too late now but I can imagine for Halloween them doing the entire map themed for like a week. At night, gravestones, decorations in the towns etc. It would be awesome.

High chance of that happening I think. Well, at least the PVE side has an event every month. Not so much halloween this month though afaik. It is called horde bash though. I haven't checked it out yet.

I can get top 10 pretty consistently, but I have to work on my late game in order to win more consistently. I feel like building will be key.

Top 10 is a joke. Even top 5 is a doable hustle. Being on top though? Never been there. 2nd was the best I've ever done, and I died due to stupid mistakes.

I guess the key is to be hyperaware and don't make silly mistakes. In trouble? Build walls and surround yourself. I once killed 4 guys in a cover I build as they kept rushing and breaching me. Then I died because someone threw a grenade destroying my cover.

TheZink

Got my first win in squads today. I was the only one left against three guys in a squad. Built a couple walls around me and they all rushed on from different angles. Lucky I chose the right path and picked them all off. Feels good man!

PS. The Scar is beastly.

Oh my god

Random and I won

Absolutely clocked fools

Had 10 kills. He must have had 15.

We wrecked the lobby. The Scoped AR needs a serious nerf. We both had one and picked people off clean

Edit: and now we’re friends :’)

First solo royale, from yesterday. Went full stealth mode, watching others kill each other as I creeped into a shack in Anarchy Acres. The last guy was running all over the place trying to find me. Got the drop when he turned his back.

Wish I could play. Currently have a shitty bug when I launch the game that forces it to close. Apparently they fucked it up for some people with specific hardware, and they're working on it to restore it.

Gator86

Yeah, building seems like the most important thing late game. I'm terrible at it because I use it so little. I'm usually in the top half dozen or so if I don't die immediately before I can find a gun. I'm thinking about this game more than expected today. Looking forward to playing some more when I get home.

Played some really enjoyable Duos with randoms, each time we worked together so well even without any comms - assume there is no in-game way to chat (either that or none of them wanted to respond to me asking with my mic if they can hear me).
Wanted to add them to play again after finishing the respective rounds, but for some reason on the PS4 when I look at the Friends tab on the dashboard the ' Players played with recently' section is just empty.
Seems a shame there is no way to add these people other than making a note of their names and sending a friends request.

Played some really enjoyable Duos with randoms, each time we worked together so well even without any comms - assume there is no in-game way to chat (either that or none of them wanted to respond to me asking with my mic if they can hear me).
Wanted to add them to play again after finishing the respective rounds, but for some reason on the PS4 when I look at the Friends tab on the dashboard the ' Players played with recently' section is just empty.
Seems a shame there is no way to add these people other than making a note of their names and sending a friends request.

Capture gameplay, look for persons name in capture gallery

GodofWine

Anyone else 'hearing chests' but not being able to find them? There is one little building near the swamp that plays that sound, but I've ripped it apart 5 times and nothing, still hear the sound. Must be under the map.

Starting to find more random chests, Im not sure if they've always been scattered, or if they are adding more to encourage people to use more of the map/alternatives to the high volume places.

Cat Party

Anyone else 'hearing chests' but not being able to find them? There is one little building near the swamp that plays that sound, but I've ripped it apart 5 times and nothing, still hear the sound. Must be under the map.

Starting to find more random chests, Im not sure if they've always been scattered, or if they are adding more to encourage people to use more of the map/alternatives to the high volume places.

They can be hidden in objects, like dog houses. Not sure if that is what you're experiencing.

Lace

I've experienced treasure chests not spawning but the sound still persists. Tore down an entire building, and in a now empty section I could still hear the treasure chest. I'm guessing some locations have the flag to play the sound going regardless of if it spawned. Not really a big deal though since it happens so rarely.

Capture gameplay, look for persons name in capture gallery

Yeah, but just the same as writing it down and typing it into the friend request section of the UI on the console.
Assumed there would be a way to view people I played with recently with the PS4 dashboard to easily send an friends request too.
Thought it used to have that function.

Thanks though :)

Lucifon

Did one of the latest patches improve performance? I haven't played in about a week or so but on XB1 I feel like the game is running at a pretty solid frame rate whereas it was almost certainly 30fps with dips before. I feel like controller responsiveness is better too. Unless it's just because I've been playing Fable Anniversary this evening with its average at best fps. Placebo or truth gaf...?

Yeah there are a few buggy chests like this

Maximus P

Duos was intense tonight.

My friend and I made it to the top 3 twice. The final circle was crazy both times with us defending gunfire from every direction as we frantically built our defense.

PepperedHam

Really pisses me off losing in the final 4 or so when it's a stupid mistake on my part. I get too careless when the pressure starts pressing down. Also how do people have the time/speed to build some of these forts I'm seeing in the final few circles. Some of them get elaborate as hell. I feel like if I tried to do that I'd be shot in the back in four seconds. It's impressive.

Really pisses me off losing in the final 4 or so when it's a stupid mistake on my part. I get too careless when the pressure starts pressing down. Also how do people have the time/speed to build some of these forts I'm seeing in the final few circles. Some of them get elaborate as hell. I feel like if I tried to do that I'd be shot in the back in four seconds. It's impressive.

Building is fairly fast and easy. 3 walls, and stairs. Then expand the 4th side as you see fit.

Even with 4 people, most dont exactly have eyes on you as they are both looking out for others, trying to get into the circle, or building their own forts.

15 seconds in my experience.

Yeah it's 15, my bad.

Keep having 10-15 kill rounds but dying in the top 5 or so because I took too much damage and can only heal to 75 with no shield. I swear playing the passive strategy and avoiding fights is really the way to go in this game. When I only have to kill 4-5 people, I win easily.

Take screenshot and share with the dev. Snitch or get snitched!!1!

Yeah that will really stop them from creating another free account and doing it again.

PepperedHam

Building is fairly fast and easy. 3 walls, and stairs. Then expand the 4th side as you see fit.

Even with 4 people, most dont exactly have eyes on you as they are both looking out for others, trying to get into the circle, or building their own forts.

I'll have to start practicing. It's definitely an important part of the late game it seems and it's the last thing I'm still a little bad at. Thanks for the walls/stairs tip.

Keep having 10-15 kill rounds but dying in the top 5 or so because I took too much damage and can only heal to 75 with no shield. I swear playing the passive strategy and avoiding fights is really the way to go in this game. When I only have to kill 4-5 people, I win easily.

Yeah that will really stop them from creating another free account and doing it again.

Dunno if you read but https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/home

They're basically saying that once progression is in it will deter what they call casual cheaters. Guys who think it's okay for them to cheat because they won't lose any progress. Which of course is only deterrence. And that they'll deal with people who continue to troll by cheating with harsher measures. I'm sure they can IP and/or hardware ban people. I think that is how blizzard dealt with the issue even on a retail game.

Top Bottom