• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

The SCAR is so damn good, win my second match tonight with a purple one. Does anyone know if wins are being tracked?

Not yet. Stats will be added in an update down the line. When, that remains to be seen.

Actually, your question makes me curious about how many wins all of us have.

Me: 9 wins. The tenth one is currently out of my reach.

Ramirez

Not yet. Stats will be added in an update down the line. When, that remains to be seen.

Actually, your question makes me curious about how many wins all of us have.

Me: 9 wins. The tenth one is currently out of my reach.

Yea, I know they’re coming, I was just curious if maybe this stuff was already being tracked on their backend and maybe just wasn’t in game yet.

Also, have they said anything about vehicles, bigger maps, and adjusting the parachute mechanics? It’s kinda silly you can pretty much drop out at any time and still land at any place on the map, lol.

lupinko

I'm thinking about getting into fortnite. But some questions.

I know it's not crossplay but I heard it's crosssave? So if I buy it on PSN I can use said content on the pc since it's on epic's servers?

Does the PVE content like heroes and the like carry over to the PVP BR mode?

Yea, I know they’re coming, I was just curious if maybe this stuff was already being tracked on their backend and maybe just wasn’t in game yet.

Also, have they said anything about vehicles, bigger maps, and adjusting the parachute mechanics? It’s kinda silly you can pretty much drop out at any time and still land at any place on the map, lol.

No. But I'm sure they'll have something down the line for us. Honestly for vehicles, they should just have super ATVs.

Like this:

Super-ATV-Wildcat-Trail-2-3-inch-Adjustable-Lift-Kit-2.jpg

This would solve the vehicle deal, but also leaves the vehicles scattered around the map for scrap metal.

BobLoblaw

Banned

I know it's not crossplay but I heard it's crosssave? So if I buy it on PSN I can use said content on the pc since it's on epic's servers?

Nope. Only the Soldier class models from PVE are currently available in PVP. Which one you play each game is random. It's very basic at this point.

Last two, I'm in a fantastic position. Posed to win the match and as I'm creeping backwards figuring his position out and getting a good angle I walk backwards off a cliff, out of the next circle and no materials to build back.

face-palm_1f926.png

The ๖ۜBronx;251123465 said:
Last two, I'm in a fantastic position. Posed to win the match and as I'm creeping backwards figuring his position out and getting a good angle I walk backwards off a cliff, out of the next circle and no materials to build back.

Haha, yeah that also happend to me one time.
I'm sure you've learned your lesson.

I haven't seen any teamers in solo since squads were released.

The purple\orange scar are "silenced."

I think the highest tier of each gun could be a silenced version. That'd be interesting.

I knew they sounded different, but I didn't think they were silent. You'd think it would be the opposite and that the common guns would have silencers...not the best in the game :D

Anyway, I was sitting in a bush yesterday and someone with sense noticed me. He proceeds to attack...only for me to turn and plant a single round into his head. Someone with a mouse couldn't have done any better. And I was left with 1 health!

Alastor3

It is actually, but for exemple if you are on PC and your friend on PS4, you need to add each other as friend on the Epic Launcher, link his ps4 psn account to his epic launcher and he must send you an invitation to his party and set the privacy to public.

I played with my friend who have the pc version last night and it work great, also he got killed a lot by hackers lately so he was glad to have a few games that were normal.

Do you guys have FPS breaks? Because it's annoying as hell.

Not only that but I feel there's something missing in this game. Too barebones, idk.

You....aren't wrong. At all. I literally won a game because the scoped AR.

I've lost track of how many I won just because I had that gun. And my highest kill game so far (16) was me just sitting in a tower made steel in the middle of the circle just sniping fools left and right. People would take shots at me with actual snipers and I'd just laugh. And then headshot them to death.

I think the game was more fun without it. But really, it's just shining a giant spotlight on the problem that is hitscan in games with such long-range engagements.

Their point is people die to fast across the map if they make the guns more accurate.

I think the way to do it is for example just cut the damage values, make the guns have recoil and for crying out loud, when my cross hair is on a guy, let my bullet hit them.

Even very close range i'm missing when the crosshair is on him, really making me want to quit

Their point is people die to fast across the map if they make the guns more accurate.

Even very close range i'm missing when the crosshair is on him, really making me want to quit

Yeah, I get that, because they're using hitscan. And because they're using hitscan, RNG accuracy is probably the only way to solve it. It's fine for games with much closer range engagements (arena shooters, Cod, Overwatch, etc), but in games with large maps (Battlefield, for example) you need guns that shoot actual projectiles.

Sadly, the best gun in close range is also the scoped AR.

That gun is like playing the game on easy. Or with cheats.

blacksnakeball

Neo Member
Anyone want to play now? Send me DM

Or am avail most nights after 9p on ET

Have mic and need some tactical support to get me some chicken dinner (can't seem to get some on my own)

GodofWine

Won a match yesterday because the other guy fell to his death from a hill top, lol.

The ๖ۜBronx;251123465 said:
Last two, I'm in a fantastic position. Posed to win the match and as I'm creeping backwards figuring his position out and getting a good angle I walk backwards off a cliff, out of the next circle and no materials to build back.]

lol - could have been you guys in eachother's stories, in back to back posts.

GodofWine

OK, jumping out of the bus question -

Is it fastest to get to a 'target' by jumping from the bus at its closest point to it? or before it.

LIke, if the bus is going over where I want to land, is jumping out right over it and diving straight down faster than jumping out a little ways before and gliding down.

I kinda feel like it should be jump closest to your target since the bus is faster than you can fly

Is it fastest to get to a 'target' by jumping from the bus at its closest point to it? or before it.

LIke, if the bus is going over where I want to land, is jumping out right over it and diving straight down faster than jumping out a little ways before and gliding down.

I kinda feel like it should be jump closest to your target since the bus is faster than you can fly

Jump before it. It's faster. They are going to tweak it so that it doesn't work as effectively as it currently does

Dristan

Neo Member

Was just about to ask about jumping angles but I'm not sure jumping out as close as possible is the right way. I've had friends jump out before me and arrive before me even if I divebomb straight down on our target. Was gonna ask if anybody knows of any videos with what you can call perfect diving angles and tech cus I'm not sure if it's the kindof thing you can just tell somebody.

Here's the thing about jumping\gliding. You fall very SLOW when gliding, so you can also travel very far. So in order to land in an area the fastest, you need to take advantage of that. If you dive straight down to your target, you'll be pointlessly gliding downward for a very long time.

So you want to jump from the bus where you can dive straight down and then glide to your target.

If your target is far away, then it's best to jump out when the bus is perpendicular to your target. Skydive straight toward it and again try to hit a point where you can glide the rest of the way there.

The only time you should ever manually pull your parachute is if your target is too far to do the above techniques. That will require experimentation, but also shouldn't be to much of a problem since the area you're landing at shouldn't be too populated.

Maximus P

How many Orange Weapons have y'all seen? I've seen exactly two and both have been the same SCAR Assault Rifle.

Saw 3 yesterday, 2 of which were stolen from corpses.

A sniper
A scar
A grenade launcher.

I think the inclusion of loot drops has increased the amount of rare weapons on a map at any one time, becuase I saw loads of purple weapons too.

GodofWine

Here's the thing about jumping\gliding. You fall very SLOW when gliding, so you can also travel very far. So in order to land in an area the fastest, you need to take advantage of that. If you dive straight down to your target, you'll be pointlessly gliding downward for a very long time.

So you want to jump from the bus where you can dive straight down and then glide to your target.

If your target is far away, then it's best to jump out when the bus is perpendicular to your target. Skydive straight toward it and again try to hit a point where you can glide the rest of the way there.

The only time you should ever manually pull your parachute is if your target is too far to do the above techniques. That will require experimentation, but also shouldn't be to much of a problem since the area you're landing at shouldn't be too populated.

But if you just want to go straight down from the bus path, wouldn't that mean its fastest to jump directly over the target? if glider descent is the same speed no matter what, and the bus is faster than you can 'fly'.

If so then I think I got what you are saying, for off path targets, descend as quickly as possible to get to the point where your glide path will then take you right to your landing target (right?)

(I feel inspired to make a crappy MS Paint diagram)

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
So finally got around to reading the blog about accuracy and I am really dissapointed they seem hell bent on sticking with hitscan. Game is fun but as soon as a something comes out on console that has bullet ballistics I'll be jumping ship. Maybe Daybreak will get their act together...

For those that are like WTFBBQSAUCE, I like bullet drop and travel speed in my shooters, its as simple as that.

But if you just want to go straight down from the bus path, wouldn't that mean its fastest to jump directly over the target? if glider descent is the same speed no matter what, and the bus is faster than you can 'fly'.

If so then I think I got what you are saying, for off path targets, descend as quickly as possible to get to the point where your glide path will then take you right to your landing target (right?)

(I feel inspired to make a crappy MS Paint diagram)

The fastest way to a target directly under the bus path is to always get to the glider ASAP and parachute the rest of the way. The speed of the bus is irrelevant. If you wait for the bus to get to a target, then that just means you'll get to your glider after someone else that jumped out sooner. He'll be descending while covering the remaining distance and still land over the target. Meanwhile, you waited on the bus, then took the exact same amount of time to dive straight down but now must sit there while the glider slowly descends.

It's best to make use of that glider time to travel horizontally. Just floating straight down means you're wasting time.

Man, I hope they move forward with projectile based bullets. Definitely agree about hitscan feeling unfun.

I think if they stick with it, they should at least add fall off damage and recoil, especially for the bloody Scoped AR

Mikey Jr.

Projectile based bullets would be awesome.

Imagine walking across a field, and you just see all these bullets wizzing by ahead of you. Would really be cool seeing like full squads going against each other, and you'd be able to tell who is shooting where.

Seriously though, does anyone else think super ATVs would be the perfect vehicles for a larger map? It not only gives us transport but still leaves the vehicles laying about for material gathering. Win win.

Mikey Jr.

Seriously though, does anyone else think super ATVs would be the perfect vehicles for a larger map? It not only gives us transport but still leaves the vehicles laying about for material gathering. Win win.

Map has to be WAY bigger.

Honestly, I just want a bigger map in general.

If you aren't hitting the major areas right away, 9/10 you are fucked weapon wise.

Me and my friends hit the outer regions. Jack shit.

Same with that stupid mire. What a crappy place. Full of mud and like 0 guns.

majik13

Anyone else 'hearing chests' but not being able to find them? There is one little building near the swamp that plays that sound, but I've ripped it apart 5 times and nothing, still hear the sound. Must be under the map.

Starting to find more random chests, Im not sure if they've always been scattered, or if they are adding more to encourage people to use more of the map/alternatives to the high volume places.

yeah this one has gotten me a few times, Im thinking you mean the one behind the swamp, near the coast, in a small wood building Sounds like it is coming from under the stairs or underground, but nothing there.

Yea, I know they're coming, I was just curious if maybe this stuff was already being tracked on their backend and maybe just wasn't in game yet.

Also, have they said anything about vehicles, bigger maps, and adjusting the parachute mechanics? It's kinda silly you can pretty much drop out at any time and still land at any place on the map, lol.

In a dev update video from a week or 2 back, they said they are tracking stats currently, but are not available. Also that they dont think they will do vehicles, but they are looking into possibly or something. Also kinda same for other maps, I think they said theyd like to do another map, but first that they will be adjusting the current map mostly, and adding additional points of interest.

Mire has like 4 chests and usually several additional loot spots. Mud sucks though.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The SCAR is so damn good, win my second match tonight with a purple one. Does anyone know if wins are being tracked?

They are recording some stuff but kind of vague on what it is:

6Will there be Leaderboards and Stats?
Yes. We will have Leaderboards and Rankings. Regarding stats, we’re already recording a lot of player data and hope to have it visible in game soon.

Taken from:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/730lh1/fortnite_battle_royale_community_faq/

Andodalf

Banned
FINALLY GOT MY FIRST DUB. Been top 10 many times, and as high as 3, but finally had a victory royale! Probs gonna play squads with friends from here on out, solo is too intense.

The outlying areas really need more loot spawns for increased viability. There’s too few spots to loot for 100 player grouped games.
It’s extremely frustrating to drop down into the same city as two other squads of four, either dying in a scrimmage or using all your ammo to win the early fights.

How many Orange Weapons have y'all seen? I've seen exactly two and both have been the same SCAR Assault Rifle.

SCAR, Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Semi-Auto Sniper, Bolt-Action Sniper

If you aren't hitting the major areas right away, 9/10 you are fucked weapon wise.

Mire has as much as 5-6 chests, not including random single items like potions

Little resistance too, and then you can work up to the prison.

Ive discovered about 3 solid outskirts that have good chest drops

But yeah. Id like more maps fast

I rarely go to major areas, but that does stop me from finding good weapons. It's 50/50 whether or not any house has a chest. It's very rare that you won't find decent loot, you'd have to land in an open field.

Anyway, today I won two solos in a row and then realized I had my capture settings set to 1 minute! And one of them had me survive ages in the storm.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I rarely go to major areas, but that does stop me from finding good weapons. It's 50/50 whether or not any house has a chest. It's very rare that you won't find decent loot, you'd have to land in an open field.

Anyway, today I won two solos in a row and then realized I had my capture settings set to 1 minute! And one of them had me survive ages in the storm.

I never go to the major areas either and shoot for the same house about everytime thats surrounded by trees.

It has a weapon on the balcony and a chest just inside on the second floor then 2 other deserted houses very nearby and few people ever go there.

Mikey Jr.

While I think there could be adjustments to the current map, outskirts farming is perfectly fine if you know the spawn spots (I only play single though, so couple buildings may not provide enough supplies for two). Especially the mire. If nobody else looted the place, it's guaranteed 2+ chests and weapons - they are just hidden or right beside the trees.

I'm mainly talking about squads of 4.

Solo yeah, its fine.

But there is not enough for 4 man teams. Unless you want your whole squad to be rolling with some pistols, 2 shotguns, and 1 ar for like half the match, just scrapping shit like some hobos.

I'm mainly talking about squads of 4.

Solo yeah, its fine.

But there is not enough for 4 man teams. Unless you want your whole squad to be rolling with some pistols, 2 shotguns, and 1 ar for like half the match, just scrapping shit like some hobos.

Lol. True. I think they could improve chest items in squads. Should drop green gun minimum, with the SMG getting a buff

And actually, the blue pistol is great.

Jumping into a popular zone in squads is fun though. Seems part of the appeal to go all in with br games

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Too many complaints of balance for a game that’s free, out for a week and in early access. Give them some time bros.

I agree balance will come.

By far most fun I have ever had with a free game.

That rush of winning (for me anyhow) is really fun.

Getting into the top 3 I start getting nervous and that has cost me a couple of wins.

Top Bottom