• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Uhoh, even Ralph isn't happy,

I thought it was all in good fun, but hey, video games are serious business...apparently?

Best just change the title to something more fun, and leave it at that.

Subscribed by the way, first racing game I will ever buy (got Forza 5, too serious face for me)

I think the title should be changed just because it's a distraction. It really doesn't matter if it was funny or not because at this point we have already had three pages about the title and very little about the game.

It is supposed to celebrate the game, not distract from it. I like it and I think people need to lighten the fuck up about this kind of shit but you can't argue that it isn't distracting people from the game.

NeoGaf:

1000's of posts making fun of the Xbox One's Japan launch: playful banter
OT title of a thread calling out another game: too far

Love it!

Anyways, OT:

Can't fucking wait for this game (and Driveclub because I can take a joke...).

So true, on both points. :)

I think the title should be changed just because it's a distraction. It really doesn't matter if it was funny or not because at this point we have already had three pages about the title and very little about the game.

It is supposed to celebrate the game, not distract from it. I like it and I think people need to lighten the fuck up about this kind of shit but you can't argue that it isn't distracting people from the game.

This. Lock the thread, start again.

agree with the creative director

you want the ot of your game to at least be something about your own game instead of another one.

and i bet devs look forward to the title of their games' ot here at gaf.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I hope the Driveclub OT does have a retaliation. This title, and the #Delaysnotincluded seems lighthearted enough. If we can't have some friendly competition, what are we? Savages? As long as it's surface level, I see no harm in it.

hwy_61

Banned
I hope the Driveclub OT does have a retaliation. This title, and the #Delaysnotincluded seems lighthearted enough. If we can't have some friendly competition, what are we? Savages? As long as it's surface level, I see no harm in it.

I hope it does. Wtf why can't we have some fun with this shit.

Pretty much. That DriveClub OT needs to strike back.

arhra

Other than the resolution, is the 360 version 1:1 as far as content and features go with the X1? I wish I could afford an X1 right now, but I will be playing this on the 360 if its the same game.

We know there's no weather, no drivatars, some differences in the car list (the old engine didn't support open-wheelers, so no Ariel Atom, etc) and I think probably still a 100-member limit on clubs.

They haven't shown the map for the 360 version yet, so no idea if it's 1:1 with the XB1 version.

I'm guessing you haven't read any thread related to #DC or FH2? Regardless of the title the these 2 games are tied to the hip.

Megasoum

Banned
Whatever happened to not taking things so seriously?

It's only a comment on this so called war if you choose to make it one. How about taking it as it's meant to be taken, playful banter.

Jesus.

I agree... Also it's not like Rushy from Evo didn't say bad things about some of its competitors in the past too but anyway, it's a distraction for the OT so not really necessary.

Whatever happened to not taking things so seriously?

It's only a comment on this so called war if you choose to make it one. How about taking it as it's meant to be taken, playful banter.

Jesus.

For the posters in this thread, I agree. The title is immature but harmless. However, you can understand how someone who devoted a big part of their professional life towards this title would be irked that the Main OT title on one of the biggest gaming sites in the world was subjected to something really juvenile.

We know there's no weather, no drivatars, some differences in the car list (the old engine didn't support open-wheelers, so no Ariel Atom, etc) and I think probably still a 100-member limit on clubs.

They haven't shown the map for the 360 version yet, so no idea if it's 1:1 with the XB1 version.

Oh damn, ok, the no weather is enough for me to wait for a couple of years and play it on the Xbone, thanks.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I hope it does. Wtf why can't we have some fun with this shit.

Seems like some people just take things to heart as if you're insulting their child. EDIT: (This is not directed towards Ralph)

This is all fun stuff people. Let's be friends and frolic through the destroyed crop fields together!

gaming_noob

For the posters in this thread, I agree. The title is immature but harmless. However, you can understand how someone who devoted a big part of their professional life towards this title would be irked that the Main OT title on one of the biggest gaming sites in the world was subjected to something really juvenile.

Oh man...can you imagine how all those Xbox developers feel when reading Neogaf?

Ricky_R

Hahah the subtitle overreaction has been quite ridiculous. I understand some of it though, but mostly because threads can turn to shit rather quickly.

I was looking over the map again and it really does look awesome. But I am sad that there (again) doesn't seem to be any Hill Climb events or roads. I don't get why they refuse to put any roads that are like Kaido or Pikes Peak in these games. Especially now that it is in Europe, which has a rich history of Hill Climb events. I doubt we will see anything like that as DLC, but I would kill for it.

Dunno how people are upset over the OP, we have the threads about X1 on Japan turn to shit with joke posts and photoshopped booths (it's all good fun remember guys) and then we have a harmless title like this and people get craaazy.

viveks86

So I guess we are just going to go back and forth over the title. Whether it is a good decision or not (I didn't mind it), it's clearly hogging the thread. I'm guessing that's not what anyone wants? May be reconsider the title so we can get back to talking about the game? Or we could continue arguing about it until everyone gets tired and unsubscribes. Time to make a choice, OP.

watership

Dunno how people are upset over the OP, we have the threads about X1 on Japan turn to shit with joke posts and photoshopped booths (it's all good fun remember guys) and then we have a harmless title like this and people get craaazy.

I think there is a tendency for X1 fans to want some feisty pokes since it looks like FH2 is a winner. I don't mind a few pokes in a OT, but the banner be clear of it. FH2 is good enough without slapping around the other guy.

theWB27

Seriously...out of all the games that get slammed here because a pixel was out of place. To how much systems get downplayed because it lacks this or that. All of that takes time to create...and they get slammed all the time.

But the title to an OT is what would irk them...instead of focusing on how much people have gushed over their first Horizon and it looks to be the same with Horizon 2.

This is one of the least juvenile things that goes on on this site.

keit4

Banned
So I guess we are just going to go back and forth over the title. Whether it is good decision or not (I didn't mind it), it's clearly hogging the thread. I'm guessing that's not what anyone wants? May be reconsider the title so we can get back to talking about the game? Or we could continue arguing about it until everyone gets tired and unsubscribes. Time to make a choice, OP.

Yes OP, your life depends on it.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Are your loins stirring with excitement at the thought of retaliation?

Of_Course!.gif

The despair of seeing FH2 and Driveclub go at it over their games has me excited. I can bearly contain myself!

tumblr_myr2q9ySzS1s6duhoo1_500.gif

On topic, I played Forza Horizon on my 360 and didn't really like it compared to FM4 and 5. Hopefully FH2 feels more like the mainline games.

Oh man...can you imagine how all those Xbox developers feel when reading Neogaf?

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of devs in general avoid GAF and gaming message boards. You see the amount of hyperbole some members subject too just to get their post noticed. For me, I don't care because I don't have any connection to these games beyond them providing entertainment. But for devs who spend a lot of time, especially in this industry where there is a large amount of crunch time, I can see them taking posts here differently.

I think the subtitle is harmless fun but it might as well change. There is not going to be any real discussion passed the subtitle if it doesn't change. Its a shame that so many people are so up tight about this stuff.

Game4life

Banned
What a great OT. We need more console wars on GAF because there is so little of it aready. Looking forward to this game though!

Top Bottom