• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

I would accept something with Crocodile Dundee or Kylie Minogue.

Or "I see you've played beach-y race-y before"
hqdefault.jpg

LostDonkey

Probably because they cast shadows in previous games.

I played A LOT of FH2 and I do not remember that at all.

Gonna need some proof here.

The cloud rendering is on a whole other level. If I remember in FH2 they used to just pop in an out of existence. Sometimes they moved and sometimes they didn't. I remember sitting watching skies and they never moved at all.

Can I not pre-order Forza Horizon 3 on the Windows Store yet? It appears as a suggestion when I search for it but when I click on it I get this error message - 0X00000005

Can I not pre-order Forza Horizon 3 on the Windows Store yet? It appears as a suggestion when I search for it but when I click on it I get this error message - 0X00000005

I've preordered it so yeah.

Make sure you're clicking on one of the named editions like Standard Edition or Ultimate Edition, I beleive the one titled just "Forza Horizon 3" isn't an item on its own but a thing included in the editions. Confusing, I know.

ViciousDS

Banned
Hoping I get removed from the preview program today......shit was setting stuff wonkers yesterday.

Random DC's from my elite controller.....audio cut in and out......freezing and locked up audio as well from the headset port. This was wireless or direct connect to the console.....I never had issues until the update yesterday

I want to play the demo so bad without my audio locking up every 7 minutes.

I've preordered it so yeah.

Make sure you're clicking on one of the named editions like Standard Edition or Ultimate Edition, I beleive the one titled just "Forza Horizon 3" isn't an item on its own but a thing included in the editions. Confusing, I know.

What search term did you use? Even just using 'Forza' doesn't bring up anything really apart from Forza Hub and Forza Motorsport: Apex.

dedhead54

Love the demo so much that I've deciced to order the Ultimate Edition. Been ages since I've ordered a LE but damn this demo...gonna be gud

I was planning on probably just buying the regular version but after the demo I changed my mind. Gotta go with the Ultimate. They deserve my money.

Noobcraft

The cloud rendering is on a whole other level. If I remember in FH2 they used to just pop in an out of existence. Sometimes they moved and sometimes they didn't. I remember sitting watching skies and they never moved at all.
It's not an excellent example, but look at the shadow being cast on the mountain in this pic.
screenshot-original6huzq.png

EvB

Hoping I get removed from the preview program today......shit was setting stuff wonkers yesterday.

Random DC's from my elite controller.....audio cut in and out......freezing and locked up audio as well from the headset port. This was wireless or direct connect to the console.....I never had issues until the update yesterday

I want to play the demo so bad without my audio locking up every 7 minutes.

Try doing a factory reset, but keep your data. This will clear out certain caches and databases you cannot otherwise reset.

The frame rate & frame pacing is so damn smooth and consistent! It's locked 30 and pretty much stays there the whole time.

Played the demo last night and WOW. The graphics are so damn nice. Looks much better than FH2.

Playing that demo definitely made me want to purchase the game. Tough thing is digital or not.. Digital gives me the PC version as well.... decisions, decisions...

Simbo

Neo Member
Was trying to hold off playing the demo as I already have the UE on pre-order. However I caved in this afternoon.........

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

This game is something else. I thought FH2 looked great but this is on another level. They've tweaked the physics too.....cars feel a lot more weighty and they feel incredible to drive.

Bravo, Playground. Bravo.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Cheapest way to get both Xbox and windows version?

Will it sync save status between PC and Xbox? I expect to play most on Xbox but it'll look gorgeous on PC at 21:9

Simbo

Neo Member
Cheapest way to get both Xbox and windows version?

Will it sync save status between PC and Xbox? I expect to play most on Xbox but it'll look gorgeous on PC at 21:9

Yep. Your progress is saved to the Cloud and carries over no matter what platform you play it on.

shandy706

Did it? I don't remember that hmmmm...

Yep, it 100% did. It was one of things I was really impressed with. You could sit on a hill top overlooking a valley and watch cloud shadows move across distant hills and the valley. Looked great.

FH3 still looks next level to me though.

Aye yo, so finally playing the demo on and gawd damn does this game look beautiful. Love the opening...I ain't even finished with the demo and Bout to pre-order.

How do I find the clubs via Xbox live, I am a preview member but can't seem to find it under community. There is a forzaGAF club/lfg right?

I've always felt scenery and racetracks and elevation changes were overrated in racing games. ;)

I know you are being sarcastic but a small version of some salt flats would be fuckin amazing in a Horizon game. Just a place to hit top speed and fuck around without worries sounds pretty damn awesome to me.

The airports do a good job of that but I sort of want salt flats now.

RawNuts

Driving a car at a cliff and then switching to drone mode and seeing it fall off from that perspective gives me Driver San Francisco flashbacks.

The best OT is still the one with the upside down text.
Yeah, whatever clever title people come up with, give it a run through something like this.

Certinty

Any idea what the full map size is compared to the part in the demo?

I know you can see the whole map but a lot of roads and what not aren't easily visible.

Top Bottom