• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

Lego Boss

I have a friend who is a games journalist (freelance/Nintendo LIfe) and he has the review code for FH3.

He doesn't even play the games FFS! He just wants to bait me for a week until I get my hands on the UE.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| For we are Young and Free

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| Up Over the Down Under

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| A Wicked Game

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| Let's Go There

Just hopped back in on the Xbox One train, because there was a great price on the original model. I have never enjoyed Forza one bit, but I can't stop playing this demo. Last time I enjoyed a racing game this much it was the original Motorstorm.

To all the Forza fans a simple question: how difficult are the Forza achievements in general? Are they attainable or do you need to drive like a million races online to get them?

KaYotiX

Banned
Demo is amazing, this is another Forza title that will sit in the Xbox for months at a time.

Might even get it digital so I can try it on pc

Lima

To all the Forza fans a simple question: how difficult are the Forza achievements in general? Are they attainable or do you need to drive like a million races online to get them?

Depends.

Forza always had very easy achievements, some are a grind though. Especially the career related ones.

The only really hard achievement in the entire franchise is Thru the pack from FM6 which requires equal parts skill and luck.

The Horizon 3 list doesn't look too taxing. Online race achievements are just completing like 25 events for example. You don't even have to win.

Depends.

Forza always had very easy achievements, some are a grind though. Especially the career related ones.

The only really hard achievement in the entire franchise is Thru the pack from FM6 which requires equal parts skill and luck.

The Horizon 3 list doesn't look too taxing. Online race achievements are just completing like 25 events for example. You don't even have to win.

Everything else is single player? Awesome if that's the case. I guess the achievements have leaked somewhere already, just didn't know about them. Thanks for the answer.

G Rom

A few new photos:

mobile.2118xs18.jpg

mobile.2122ssu7.jpg

mobile.213o7svf.jpg

mobile.214g6s6o.jpg

mobile.215bisyv.jpg

mobile.216zksfq.jpg

mobile.217zosyk.jpg

mobile.21881s5c.jpg

If you actually "take" the photo and then back out of it and capture the screenshot, it will render the defocus and motion blur to a higher quality.

Holy shit, that's news to me. I've been wanting T10 to include softer DoF for ages but didn't realise it was already there. I took some shots in Apex at 100 Aperture to compare.

In photomode, UI hidden:

Taken picture, backed out, UI hidden:

RawNuts

Holy shit, that's news to me. I've been wanting T10 to include softer DoF for ages but didn't realise it was already there. I took some shots in Apex at 100 Aperture to compare.

In photomode, UI hidden:

I actually just figured this out from the Horizon 3 demo myself, despite spending so much time in photo mode in previous games.
I kept seeing the best photos with really nice DoF and motion blur but without watermarks, and I eventually realized that the flash when "taking" the photo gives some extra render time to these effects.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

In photomode, UI hidden:

It works that way since Forza Motorsport 2 I think :D
Low quality effects in realtime and higher quality when you actually take the photo.

BTW, how do you get the GeForce Experience FPS overlay to work in Apex (and thus, UWP games)?

BTW, how do you get the GeForce Experience FPS overlay to work in Apex (and thus, UWP games)?

I feel like an idiot, but I keep taking photos in photo mode in the demo and it never saves them.. or if it does, I can't find them.. how do I get it to actually upload photos?

I don't really use my xbox much, so I don't know how to use the system screenshot trick either..

Double tapping my xbox button doesn't bring up a capture UI.. just my "snap" feature.. any idea what I'm doing wrong?

It works that way since Forza Motorsport 2 I think :D
Low quality effects in realtime and higher quality when you actually take the photo.

Dunno, I think the newest update might support it. Make sure you're on the newest version with the updated UI.

You don't.

Dxtory is the only overlay I know of that works.

But the GFE FPS overlay is working lol, it's visible in both of my pictures and the framerate is accurate.

Dunno, I think the newest update might support it. Make sure you're on the newest version with the updated UI.

But the GFE FPS overlay is working lol, it's visible in both of my pictures and the framerate is accurate.

you're using the new 3.0 version? guess I'll have to try it.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| ɹǝpun uʍop

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| Ɛ uozᴉɹoH ɐzɹoℲ

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| Oi Oi Oi

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| Peter Brock N' Roll Racing
Forza Horizon 3 |OT| Peter Brockulus Drift
Forza Horizon 3 |OT| Meat Pies & Donuts
Forza Horizon 3 |OT| Our Cars Lap Our Internet
Forza Horizon 3 |OT| Kangarule The Wrong Side Of The Road
Forza Horizon 3 |OT| Fosters Horizon
Forza Horizon 3 |OT| Put On Your Thongs

Top Bottom