• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is it just me or does the map look like something out of Far Cry?

I cant finish 50% before it expands and adds even MORE to the map.

Haaalp!

Xater

I don't know to be honest, I just switched the green button on the back over to the other setting and it seems to be working fine again.

I think I may have limited my triggers ages ago when playing some fps.

Then you limited the with the stops. :)

Yeah I do that for most shooters. It's better to just have the short way there. Here you need the full way for the triggers, unless you fiddle with the software settings.

They never said the ultimate edition would have the DLC pass?
Just the car pass, which is a different thing.

And also not unusual for Forza Horizon. Didn't 2 have the same thing going?

I'll just wait and see what these expansions will entail. If it looks enticing I might still get it before the end of the year so I can take advantage of the discount. I love the game so much that even more doesn't seem like a bad thing down the road.

Grisby

Finally got the game downloaded last night.

First off, it looks fantastic. I really loved Italy, but Australia might take the crown and I'm not even more than a few races in. So far the setup for being the boss of the Horizon festival seems neat, and I like the idea of having to get more fans to proceed.

Only complaint so far...does anyone else think they over did it on the rain droplet effects? Not so bad when you're in cockpit view, but when I'm using a different view I feel like it's the equivalent of the raspberry jam blood effect that used to be in so many FPS games. Seems overdone.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So to download the free cars, you have to go to a festival site, go to auto show, then to DLC cars, and select each car one by one, wait for them to load paint jobs, select the car, then wait for it to load the mode into the main view? Going to take bloody ages for the 15 free cars

Xater

So to download the free cars, you have to go to a festival site, go to auto show, then to DLC cars, and select each car one by one, wait for them to load paint jobs, select the car, then wait for it to load the mode into the main view? Going to take bloody ages for the 15 free cars

Yup. I wish you could just claim all free cars with the standard paint job. Well it's only now that you get so many at once, so it's probably not so bad down the line.

Xater

How are you all downloading this early?

By spending way too much money on this game.

Honestly no idea i am mostly PC gamer and $125 (which they will most likely equal to more than 125€ here) seems really insane for me for a single game

It is, but at the same time not the first time I am seeing it. It's hard to become outraged for me at this point. I usually just ignore Ultimate Editions and stuff. This and Gears 4 are the exception.

Caayn

Wow its gonna have $25(35) expansion pass on top of $100 ultimate edition

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/forza-horizon-3-dlc-pass-announced-adds-to-ultimat/1100-6443870/

.... good job MS good job....
For Forza it has gotten normal for it to have a Car pass (Which comes with the most expensive version) and other DLC such as tracks and areas. Be aware that their will be content that isn't included in the Car/Season/Other pass (FH2 and FM6 had this).

So the final picture will look like this: Base game + Car pass + Season Pass + Cars not included in the Car pass + Content not included in the Season pass.

IJoel

This game is such a joy to play.

That said, I can't be the only one having trouble driving on the wrong side of the road.

zorbsie

For Forza it has gotten normal for it to have a Car pass (Which comes with the most expensive version) and other DLC such as tracks and areas. Be aware that their will be content that isn't included in the Car/Season/Other pass (FH2 and FM6 had this).

So the final picture will look like this: Base game + Car pass + Season Pass + Cars not included in the Car pass + Content not included in the Season pass.

The season pass is the car pass.
Base game + VIP + Car pass + Expansion pass + Extra car packs after original Car pass ends.
That's the way FH2 and FM6 have been.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Doesn't seem broken to me...
A buttload of things don't work on PC, as in everything you paid extra for and the warthog. CTD when you click it and such.

The base is fine, but the $40 content you purchased dont work unless you are lucky to find a rep that refunds you and lets you purchase it all over. Which now they are being told NOT to do from the game creators according to this one rep.

Microsoft Answer Tech said:
For now that is correct as we are advised by the game creator on not to make any refund for the game since they are already working hand on hand to it to fix it the soonest as possible.
The season pass is the car pass.
Base game + VIP + Car pass + Expansion pass + Extra car packs after original Car pass ends.
That's the way FH2 and FM6 have been.
I'm so confused about the passes now. I figured the Car pass = Season pass. So is this a addition expansion pass?

AcridMeat

Banned
Anyone want to play? I'm pretty close to unlocking clubs I think, so will be focused on the east coast of the map for now (I unlocked the outback second).
Is the car that he drives around in the video in the game too? Because if so, that's pretty fantastic.
I would love for the car to be a barn find, but I have a feeling they didn't put it in the game because the Ferrari 400 isn't that popular.

I did find a
246 Dino
though which was awesome.
Same. Although I suppose a workaround would be to play on PC and earn wheelspins, then switch to Xbox to spin and get the bonus.

If I try to select VIP or car pass on the PC itll ask for my PIN number and then crash to desktop. I'm not entirely sure what that screen is supposed to do anyway - lots of tiles with DLC/VIP/Car pass etc all similar things
I have a question regarding saving wheel spins. Is there any way to make the game not automatically use them if you level up after an event? I'm around level 14 and I've only been able to bank 3 because I level upped outside of events just driving around doing skill stuff.

ekim

Is there a section in the menu where I can see if other players tried my bucket list blueprints and if they finished them successfully? I also want an overview over all the things Highscore. (Most discovered streets, fastest speed trap etc...)

Strider

ok no one answered so i stopped being productive just to go try it...

holy shit Online adventure is the greatest thing ever. I'm gonna spend sooooo many hours doing those.

denshuu

my personal pet theory about Forza in general is to never put too many Race-level parts on your car. It seems like it makes the AI go nuts and they get super fast. I've done the street races with a bone-stock Huracan and had no issues. Throw some race slicks on the same car and the first three positions walk away right at the start.

I think you might be taking your car from the high end of one tier and putting it into the low end of the next tier. For example, A class is between 700 and 799, so if you're at 799 your car will be faster than everyone else's A class car. But if you upgrade it so that the rating increases to 800 then your car becomes S1 class, which is between 800 and 899, so now everyone's in an S1 car that's faster than yours. It seems like most people have uploaded tunes for every car that puts it at X99 so that you're the best in whatever tier the car starts in.

The Expansion Pass discount for Ultimate Edition owners (or is it VIP owners?) is cool.

Storm Island was $10 for VIP owners, but I'm sure $12.50 each will be worth it.

zorbsie

I'm so confused about the passes now. I figured the Car pass = Season pass. So is this a addition expansion pass?

The car pass is simply that. Every month for 6 months you get a car pack. A car pack has around 7 cars in it. The car pass doesn't include anything else. So when they released storm island, players had to pay extra for that. Bummer? yes. Players with the VIP pass got a discount on the expansion pack which made the sting a little softer.

Does anyone know if you can share cars with other club members like you could in the first horizon?
Sadly you can't. This was the best part of being in the car club. Although after awhile we had so many cars shared that it crashed my game when I went through the list. :)

Daffy Duck

A buttload of things don't work on PC, as in everything you paid extra for and the warthog. CTD when you click it and such.

The base is fine, but the $40 content you purchased dont work unless you are lucky to find a rep that refunds you and lets you purchase it all over. Which now they are being told NOT to do from the game creators according to this one rep.

I should have pre faced that with me playing on XB1

CrewShadow

Sadly you can't. This was the best part of being in the car club. Although after awhile we had so many cars shared that it crashed my game when I went through the list. :)

That was the best part of the first horizon. Letting club members drive insanely broken cars and seeing who can actually win with them.

Are servers down for anyone else?

yeah, played a few hours today on xbox one and while VIP and racing by myself is working for me anything to do with online - downloading car paints, joining/searching car clubs, uploading designs and tunes, uploading bucket list challenges, multiplayer - always says "servers unavailable" after 1 minute of searching.

Same thing last night. I tried restarting my xbox a few times but it didn't really do anything, its pretty much the exact same thing that happened with Forza Horizon 1 when it went free on GWG a few weeks ago, probably just massively overloaded servers. Hopefully they can bring online new capacity before all the regular edition buyers come online tuesday, otherwise its gonna get messy.

edit: just restarted game and now all online features seem locked

terrible

Banned
Add me to the list of people having warthog issues. I ended up deleting the file on my xbox thinking I'd download it again and maybe that would fix it but nope, now it doesn't even show up in my "ready to install" list. Oh well, at least everything else is working!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Add me to the list of people having warthog issues. I ended up deleting the file on my xbox thinking I'd download it again and maybe that would fix it but nope, now it doesn't even show up in my "ready to install" list. Oh well, at least everything else is working!

Hah I don't even think it exists on PC

ShapeGSX

I can't believe how big this game is. Not just the map. It has ALL the features. I'm blown away.

If you sit on a car long enough in Forza Vista, the mechanic will tell you about the car.

Neil_J_UK

Just got in touch with MS chat support to get a refund so I could re-buy it to fix the DLC / VIP stuff. Only took 10 mins in total. At work at the moment though so can't fully test it out.

The Ultima 1020 GTR is retardedly fast. It's basically impossible to beat as the AI doesn't suffer from the massive wheelspin it likely has in lower gears.

didn't driving in oncoming traffic keep your skill score going in FH2 or am i losing my mind?

Nope, it was probably just the increased likelihood of near misses that you're remembering.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I know, I've mostly been playing on PC. I was hoping by playing around with it on my Xbox I could get it to show up on PC too. That didn't work out lol.

Yeah sucks big time. F-150 is so much fun in the desert jumping around I was hoping to do that with the warthog instead. But RIP the dream.

legbone

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I'm curious.

Has anyone received a code for the ford mustang gt350r that you get from preordering from the microsoft store? I got my copy yesterday in the mail but no code was with it and no code has been emailed to me. i'm sure it's probably a hurry up and wait situation but i thought i'd ask here before i start dealing with microsoft.

terrible

Banned
Other than to pop in here and post a few times I've been playing for 5 hours straight. Help. This is way too addictive so far.

I still haven't even unlocked the Groove radio either. They should've had that unlocked from the start. I get distracted so easily. I spent an hour drifting the streets of Surfers Paradise just because I could.

So what I played last night was so good that I'm considering going with unlimited Internet lols so I can try and download it again to fix it. (And repurchase sigh)

That being said, do I need a gold sub to play coop in the PC version?

If I do this adventure might be cheaper if I just buy two xbox ones again /facepalm

Yeah this is for sure the most addictive game I've ever played. The Fan system is fucking brutal. Now that I've unlocked the final festival hopefully I can ease up a little.

Anyone know the max level you can upgrade a festival to? IS THERE AN END TO THIS MADNESS?

Top Bottom