• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

desu

zorbsie drivatar is clearly cheating (cloning itself)!

forzahorizon39_24_201afkg1.jpg

Grassy

Has there been an official acknowledgement of the fact that photo mode on PC is "broken"? At least for many.

PC at Ultra/1080p:
http://i.imgur.com/ITovDAK.jpg

Xbox One:
http://i.imgur.com/k9gHAmS.jpg

No, they're not from the same location, but you can CLEARLY see the difference.

I posted about this yesterday in the picture thread, Xbone pics look way better than PC pics even at 1440p/Ultra/8x MSAA. I think Helios posted in a thread regarding this on the FM.net forums, but I'm not sure if they're working on fixing it. Forza 6 Apex had the same issue as well.

I really hope they're doing something about it because as of now I'm switching to Xbone just to take pictures.

zorbsie

Drivatars are broken for me.

I wanted to do a Street Race on "Pro". No chance. The two guys in the front drove so fast and so perfect that I couldn't get to them.

I tried it on "Expert". No chance. The same as with "Pro".

I tried "Highly Skilled". No chance. The guy in the front had a huge headstart.

I tried "Inexperienced" just for fun. Guess what.

Something's not right here.

Edit: It's like the difficulty got a HUGE increase over the last couple of days.

Edit2: They drive godlike on tracks that don't have any bends/turns.

I found it was more the car I was driving and not the difficulty I set it to. Try using slower cars. I used an Evo X and found it much easier to get first place. I did have to switch cars for the showdown though.

U2NUMB

Why is there no obvious way to request to join a club? Do we have to message Zorbs once we get to the club part? This 44th position on the leaderboards needs to change!

Xater

Thanks...

Anyone else having some minor annoying issues with Groove music? It stutters and restarts songs all the time. Breaks the flow...

Sorry that I don't have better news. I also wish there was just a "Request access to Club" button or something like that. Seems like an oversight to me.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Street races are insanely more difficult than the rest of the game. I think it needs some adjustments.

Yeah the festival events are fine.

Having done all the street races in the game - It's definitely just them. Maybe because there are cars locked behind them (through Midnight battles) they wanted them to be a challenge for the fans of street racing in FH1.

It's hilarious that I can finish a Rally track on the hardest difficulty pretty easily, but struggle in a Street Race on the second lowest difficulty.

I found it was more the car I was driving and not the difficulty I set it to. Try using slower cars. I used an Evo X and found it much easier to get first place. I did have to switch cars for the showdown though.

I'll try, but I still think that there is something wrong.

U2NUMB

Sorry that I don't have better news. I also wish there was just a "Request access to Club" button or something like that. Seems like an oversight to me.

Sorry? For what man... its all good you pointed me in the direction to make it happen. I appreciate it!

I thought it was just me. Maybe it's my crappy Internet.

Well I do not have crappy internet... there seems to be an issue with the service connecting in game. It works but its not always fluid.

Xater

It's hilarious that I can finish a Rally track on the hardest difficulty pretty easily, but struggle in a Street Race on the second lowest difficulty.

I have also been experiencing differences between the difficulty of street races and off-road stuff. Going with lower classes does help though.

zorbsie

*PSA ForzaGAF Car Club Info*
The car club is slowly growing, but servers are a bit slow and the invite a friend to club is sort of broken on the system. So for the next 2 weeks the club will be open to anyone. As soon as you unlock clubs in game you'll be able to search for "GAF" and join the group. After the 2 weeks we'll set the club to invite only and we will take requests. This should give everyone a chance to get the game and unlock the clubs.

I can't stress this enough, put your info in the spreadsheet. When the club fills up and we need to make space people not on the spreadsheet will be knocked out first. Where is the spreadsheet? Quote this post to see it.

deadfolk

So this is infuriating...

The expansion pass is $36 for me on the Singapore store. I have $15.50 left in my wallet after buying the game. The smallest gift card is $20.

Which means I would have to buy an extra $20 card for the sake of $0.50!

And yes, I've tried PayPal.

deoee

So this is infuriating...

The expansion pass is $36 for me on the Singapore store. I have $15.50 left in my wallet after buying the game. The smallest gift card is $20.

Which means I would have to buy an extra $20 card for the sake of $0.50!

And yes, I've tried PayPal.

Try talking to the support :|

Microsoft can fix your VIP stuff:

Chat with Microsoft Help here.
http://support.xbox.com/en-HK/contact-us

They'll refund your game, and allow you to repurchase it. As soon as I did this, I got the crown and all the VIP cars, wheel bonuses, etc. Seems to work for pretty much everyone who's tried it.

This is a bullshit solution. They can't seriously think, that this is an acceptable methode.

mrmyth

my personal pet theory about Forza in general is to never put too many Race-level parts on your car. It seems like it makes the AI go nuts and they get super fast. I've done the street races with a bone-stock Huracan and had no issues. Throw some race slicks on the same car and the first three positions walk away right at the start.

jacobeid

Banned
PC version CTD immediately when opened. The download restarted with less than a gig left last night. What a piece of trash.

At least I have an XB1.

Edit: Not getting my VIP rewards. Fucking fuck this game.

denshuu

This is a bullshit solution. They can't seriously think, that this is an acceptable methode.

No, I'm sure they're going to push out a patch at some point that fixes it for everyone. But if you'd rather do it right now in 5 minutes than wait forever for them to do that, that method works.

Noobcraft

*PSA ForzaGAF Car Club Info*
The car club is slowly growing, but servers are a bit slow and the invite a friend to club is sort of broken on the system. So for the next 2 weeks the club will be open to anyone. As soon as you unlock clubs in game you'll be able to search for "GAF" and join the group. After the 2 weeks we'll set the club to invite only and we will take requests. This should give everyone a chance to get the game and unlock the clubs.

I can't stress this enough, put your info in the spreadsheet. When the club fills up and we need to make space people not on the spreadsheet will be knocked out first. Where is the spreadsheet? Quote shit post to see it.

Nice wording lol.

Mohasus

Wow, kinda surprised to see so many people using ABS on that spreadsheet.

Forza is the only game where I feel it makes the game harder because the breaking distance gets way longer with it on.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Microsoft can fix your VIP stuff:

Chat with Microsoft Help here.
http://support.xbox.com/en-HK/contact-us

They'll refund your game, and allow you to repurchase it. As soon as I did this, I got the crown and all the VIP cars, wheel bonuses, etc. Seems to work for pretty much everyone who's tried it.

That's such a bullshit solution. And it a god damn 30 minute queue too.

Quite literally paid $40 for 4 days early access and nothing else. This is stupid.

Xater

Forza is the only game where I feel it makes the game harder because the breaking distance gets way longer with it on.

Well it's what I am used to in real life as well. I can deal with no TCS, but not without ABS. Also have auto because manual on a pad never felt right to me.

Noobcraft

Brakes aren't necessary in ForzaGAF races. Just use your fellow racers as brakes.
the real problem is the controller's deadzones make breaking with ABS off too easy to lock up.

Tecnniqe

Banned
the person I spoke to didnt wanna refund me

Yeah because why would they? I've had the game for 2 days at this point. I can just take the cash and spend it on another game in theory.

Meh. I hope we get compensation cause we missing out on a ton of free shit that we paid for.

terrible

Banned
My VIP and such works fine on PC, it's some sort of miracle. I guess the key was to buy it a bit late lol.

It takes forever to buy all the free cars in-game though. I wish we could just add them all to a cart and buy them all at once. If someone tells me you actually can do that I'll probably weep since I spent like 15 minutes buying them all just now.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I saw in Reddit that a lot of people where saying the reps where denying refunds now.

I'm trying uninstalling and redownloading now to see if that will work. Saw one post that it fixed it. Failing that I'll just wait for a patch and play in the meantime hoping they'll compensate for wheel spins wasted.

sTiTcH AU

Anyone figure out how to stop getting an error when installing the warthog from "Ready to Install"?

Mine was giving me the error and then this morning it just popped up saying its now ready. Eventually it will just install itself. The strange thing was though, the warthog was in my garage without the DLC installed at all. My mate had it installed but was nowhere to be seen and he still can't get it.

The DLC situation is a little bit screwed at the moment. I don't remember it being this bad on any of my other pre orders but then again this is my first since the Windows 10 store integration.

deoee

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Just pointing out that it really doesn't take that long to talk to people.

It apparently does when you're trying to contact the German support :D

But it doesn't matter.
I'm a bit salty about the whole issue + the lack of any updates on it.

jacobeid

Banned
Estimated wait time for chat is 30 minutes to figure out the VIP pass stuff. The games doesn't boot at all on my PC. Fuck this, I'm going outside and riding my bike.

Tecnniqe

Banned
"Actually, we don't really advice our customer about it because it's too risky.

You might end up not getting the game. And that's what we don't want to happen."

Color me surprised.

psychotron

FYI, if your warthog shows as ready to install but gives an error when you try, I shut my XB1 down completely, unplugged for 30 seconds, and it worked when I restarted. Woohoo!

Top Bottom