• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

saladine1

When I think of Tokyo night driving I think of the Fast and the Furious, wich I would call a "Dudebro" car movie. IMO much more fitting for NFS and not so much for the more elegant Forza series.

There's plenty of 'dudebro' stuff in this game according to the reviews. There's night time racing, neon lights, pink slips, semi naked chicks, obnoxious characters..etc.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Mmmm.
Not cool announcing details of paid DLC before the game is even out.
Not cool at all.

I dunno, maybe I'm old fashioned.

They kind of have to announce it if they want to sell the silly season pass though.

I didn't really keep up with Forza 4 DLC, are the cars in that first pack all new?

Mmmm.
Not cool at all.

I'll be buying second hand or waiting until it hits £15 (which for arcade racers is normally only a couple of months). The DLC can fuck right off unless this mysterious expansion effectively doubles the game world.

Holy shit, the expansion better be pretty fucking remarkable after all this fuss about the price. For the money they are asking I'm expecting a whole new environment of equal size, but if it's just some new events in the existing locations then the shit-storm will be biblical.

Still feel this way?

Mascot

They kind of have to announce it if they want to sell the silly season pass though.
I'm glad FH was never a day one purchase for me. All the season pass bullshit, exclusive very desirable preorder cars, and now announcing exactly WHAT content has been held back for reselling later seriously pisses me off. If I had a preorder I'd be cancelling it on principle. Yeah, I know, I'd be cutting my nose off to spite my face, but after my experiences with the lacklustre FM4 LE and now all this cash cow udder squeezing... sometimes you just have to say enough is enough. I really don't like the direction the games industry is heading in.

Still feel this way?
Have a guess..!

clockpunk

Just to clarify: The Month One Car Pack - I presume this is the Day One Car Pack DLC offered within the Limited Edition?

Also, sadness at lack of C8 there... fingers crossed for November! (I know, I know, but expect the same until we see something from Holland ;))

sneaky77

so the expansion is coming with Rally cars... also I wish it would say how much more roads it would add, but is def cool..

Anyone immediately turn the music all the way down in this game?
It is nice having the radio on the dpad. Turning it off for races and when I want to hear the motor but just a few clicks over if I am just cruising.

Also those handwringing about the dlc... This is the new economics. Game is sixty bucks and if you want more than the base menu it is a micro transaction model. Not buying the game or making grand stances on the Internet will not change the economic model of current video games. The game will be fine for $60. If you want more there is more for you.

The_Monk

"Delivering an immersive and authentic rally racing experience on the roughest untamed roads of Colorado, the “Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack” will offer Horizon players an outstanding off-road racing experience with deeper ruts, higher jumps, and new surface types to explore. Players will experience authentic rally action behind the wheel of rally-tuned cars, complete with co-driver calls, and much more."

Seems like it's going to be a experience full of experiences this pack. Shame that it's not part of the game disc that is coming next week to be honest... I would really love some Rally stuff with Forza but I'm missing some very few MS Points to get it.

$20 for a single "Rally" DLC pack. lolz

This kind of stuff really turns me off from buying the game. The price of DLC is just getting absurd. :/

It costs you $60 to buy the game on a disc, but then we want an additional 33% of that cost for just a single addition to the game. This is like selling a $30,000 car and then asking for an additional $10,000 to add navigation to it.

Mascot

Also those handwringing about the dlc... This is the new economics. Game is sixty bucks and if you want more than the base menu it is a micro transaction model. Not buying the game or making grand stances on the Internet will not change the economic model of current video games. The game will be fine for $60. If you want more there is more for you.

Absolutely true if the game you pay $60 for is 100% complete, with content not held back or deleted so that it can form an exclusive preorder 'bonus' or be re-sold for more money at a later date.

Bgamer90

Banned
Mmmm.
Not cool at all.

I pretty much agree... the Rally pack does sound good though.

Will this come free in the limited collector's edition of the game?

Just to clarify: The Month One Car Pack - I presume this is the Day One Car Pack DLC offered within the Limited Edition?

Also, sadness at lack of C8 there... fingers crossed for November! (I know, I know, but expect the same until we see something from Holland ;))

Actually I am not sure that is right. I think its a sort of special thing you get for getting the Season Pass, sort of like the Muscle Car Pack from Forza 4.

I am a little torn on the Expansion. I LOVE Rally, like love it in ways that aren't right. I consider Group B to be the absolute pinnacle of motorsports and Pikes Peak is one of the greatest races that is run around the world. But I need to know more information before I get too hyped. Like, if they add a Pikes Peak "style" course and something similar to the classic Monte Carlo race, then I am ALL in. But if it is just a few new courses, I dunno. Of course, all they have to do is throw in a couple of Group B cars and I will pay any amount for it. lol

I think Expansions based on different "types" of racing could be cool. Give us a "Street Racing" expansion with new streets/highways and famous street racing cars. Or a Drifting expansion with new mountain courses and some dock/commercial places to drift along with famous drift cars.

I admit, I am probably too easy on T10/Playground just because I am SUCH a huge car fan. I mean, I still think the Tokyo Xtreme Racer games are some of the best street racing games that have ever existed!

Speaking of, whoever said Forza Horison: Tokyo Nights ..
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

We got our Forza Rallisport.

Rally pack is part of the season pass, or 1600 MS buckeroos.

Just need Forza Watersport now

$20 for a single "Rally" DLC pack. lolz

This kind of stuff really turns me off from buying the game. The price of DLC is just getting absurd. :/

It costs you $60 to buy the game on a disc, but then we want an additional 33% of that cost for just a single addition to the game. This is like selling a $30,000 car and then asking for an additional $10,000 to add navigation to it.

Well we don't know the full details on it yet, if it turns out to be just some cars with rally parts you can stick on it, a few new dirt roads and a handful of timetrial events then fuck that, but for the asking price I hope it's rather meaty.

clockpunk

Actually I am not sure that is right. I think its a sort of special thing you get for getting the Season Pass, sort of like the Muscle Car Pack from Forza 4.

Hmm... that is why I thought it best to check! ;) I'd be (reasonably) happy with that content (along with the VIP stuff) as forming the bonus material for the extra cost. Otherwise, here's hoping there might be another car set reveal due imminently!

Orca

Wasn't it just last week that people were bitching the game was almost out and there were no details on the upcoming DLC so the season pass was absurd? Now there's details and it's a problem because the game isn't out yet...

Bgamer90

Banned
Rally pack is part of the season pass, or 1600 MS buckeroos.

Wow, so it won't come free if you get the Limited edition of the game.

I'll probably just spend $20 (1600 MS points) in a few months to get the Rally Pack.

$50 for an expansion to a game that already costs $60 is just too much imo.

Bgamer90

Banned
Wasn't it just last week that people were bitching the game was almost out and there were no details on the upcoming DLC so the season pass was absurd? Now there's details and it's a problem because the game isn't out yet...

If that's true, then I definitely wasn't one of the people complaining about DLC not being announced.

Well we don't know the full details on it yet, if it turns out to be just some cars with rally parts you can stick on it, a few new dirt roads and a handful of timetrial events then fuck that, but for the asking price I hope it's rather meaty.

If history tells us anything, it's that this won't be meaty enough to justify that price. It's the price that bothers me, not the content. $10 would be a reasonable price for something like that.

Yeah, some people may have said that, and they eat up DLC like it's candy with no regard for the absurd costs.

What does that have to do with the rest of us?

clockpunk

http://www.game.co.uk/en/forza-horizon-season-pass-187747?pageSize=20&searchTerm=forza horizon

Horizon season pass for £16.49, that is way cheaper then 4000 msp. *edit* it was 4000 msp right?

No idea if this works but it's listed so I will try it.

*edit 2* it's a code for 2000 msp, feck sake.

Nice find, cheers! Ordered one - let us see if it is honoured, or not...

Edit: Ah, dammit! Just seen your latter post. Oh well, plenty of other XBLA games coming out soon...

derFeef

Wow, so it won't come free if you get the Limited edition of the game.

I'll probably just spend $20 in a few months needed to get the Rally Pack.

$50 for an expansion to a game that already costs $60 is just too much imo.

I will do the same, buy some cars I want and the Rally pack.

The_Monk

Guys remember to wait. I got the Porsche DLC Day one only to find out that a little time after the release they got a decent price cut...

shinnn

hmm just rally? its not my thing. But I want those cars. Aventador J damn...

is the tire marks projecting shadows? o_O

FH_rally_article_image_10_16_2012.jpg

zorbsie

Love this franchise and can't wait to play the shit out of Horizon, but 1600MSP. OUCH! The only good news in that article is that the car packs will only be 400MSP. Stuff like this makes me want to downgrade to the standard version. I just can't be spending $120 on just one game when there is so much coming out within a few weeks of this launching.

Exciting news just posted on our website :)

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Rally_Expansion_Announce/

Any rally fans here?

Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack will offer Horizon Players players an outstanding off-road experience with deeper ruts, higher jumps and new surface types to explore. Players will experience authentic Rally action behind the wheel of Rally-tuned cars, complete with co-driver calls and much more.

What? Are you serious? What a tease right there. So does it mean will be getting proper Rally cars as well (modern/classic)? I mean not only with that pack but also along the way with other packs? (yeah I know you can't talk about it).

This news just just made my day, I'm so super excited right now. It looks like I'm not gonna need another racing (or any kind for that matter) game till next Forza :D

Whilst the $50 season pass is rather annoying I will still pick it up. Too excited for this game not to get all the content made available.
Yes I'm a sucker.

Question: you can drive with friends online in the open world? So I guess multiplayer free roam.

Exciting news just posted on our website :)

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Rally_Expansion_Announce/

Any rally fans here?
YES

This looks awesome! Thanks Playground!

Pre-ordered from Microsoft store and got a $10 coupon and free 1600 pts Rally Expansion pack.

Me too. Rally pack is basically free for me. This is the way to do it, people.

Pre-order Forza Horizons now and get a $10 coupon* plus free Xbox LIVE 1600 points

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/Forza-Horizon-for-Xbox-360/productID.251272400

US only I presume.

So then still no clarification about the preorder cars yet? something's off why lock the most popular cars to just preorders? it doesn't make sense!

saladine1

As a huge rally fan, this sounds pretty exciting.

However, the expansion pack must contain a substantial amount of content to justify the price. Rally tuned cars and Co drivers are a good start but it has to also feature some kind of dedicated rally tracks or stages, Group B crowds!, track deformation, water crossings or snow..etc.

Y7zxE.jpg

dgGig.jpg

3HzbF.jpg

Something that sets it apart from what can be done in the vanilla game really..

Top Bottom