• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

I really hope the rally tracks are good and long, not like the 2-3 minute ones in Dirt 2/3. I wonder if you have to drive specific rally cars, if so I hope there's a rally version of my Subaru WRX.

Too bad there's no snow in this game- right?

As a huge rally fan, this sounds pretty exciting.

However, the expansion pack must contain a substantial amount of content to justify the price. Rally tuned cars and Co drivers are a good start but it has to also feature some kind of dedicated rally tracks or stages, Group B crowds!, track deformation, water crossings or snow..etc.

Pictures Here

Something that sets it apart from what can be done in the vanilla game really..

And the most important, that amount od smoke/dust :)

LanciaStratos-Rally.jpg

Phinor

Wasn't it just last week that people were bitching the game was almost out and there were no details on the upcoming DLC so the season pass was absurd? Now there's details and it's a problem because the game isn't out yet...

As always, different people want different things. In this case you can't just refer to people as one entity.

My first rally game:

top_gear_rally_2_342009.jpg

It wasn't particularly realistic in any way but it was a lot of fun. It was the first game I played where the car got deformed as it got more wrecked.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So tempted to buy a Season Pass now... I still have a bunch of reward zone certs from Best Buy. Helps drop the price a little bit.

If Rally is the first part, what else do they have up their sleeves?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I love rally so I will get the expansion. Going to skip the season pass though, not worth 2400 points for the extra cars.

I'm more of a asphalt/circuit racer than a hardcore off-roader, so I'll have to wait and see how different the experience of the Rally Pack is from the dirt races already in the game.

Also, it's getting confusing keeping track of all the content packs, so can anyone (Helios?) clarify if the "Month One" Season Pass car pack is the same as the LCE "Day One" offering?

saladine1

So tempted to buy a Season Pass now... I still have a bunch of reward zone certs from Best Buy. Helps drop the price a little bit.

If Rally is the first part, what else do they have up their sleeves?

Drift- Expansion Pack
Drag-Expansion Pack
Speed Boat Racing- Expansion Pack
FM5 Prologue featuring virtual Greenawalt as your personal guide through the game..

Rally could be a great expansion, but I'd need a lot more details to know whether its worth it.

I take it this is adding some new large environments to the map? If so, I'm probably in. But the small text only refers to cars, events and achievements. How will this work in multiplayer?

Is this something akin to the Burnout Paradise Island DLC?

Also, it's getting confusing keeping track of all the content packs, so can anyone (Helios?) clarify if the "Month One" Season Pass car pack is the same as the LCE "Day One" offering?

I am almost positive they are different. The Day 1 DLC has 5 cars and is available to LCE owners and probably everyone else that buys it new. The Month One DLC has 6 cars and is only for the Season Pass people to get them to purchase it early.

clockpunk

I am almost positive they are different. The Day 1 DLC has 5 cars and is available to LCE owners and probably everyone else that buys it new. The Month One DLC has 6 cars and is only for the Season Pass people to get them to purchase it early.

You would feel a touch miffed if you were a hardcore fan who had bought both LE and Season Pass...

I'm surprised we haven't heard about the Day One Pack, though, if it is indeed a separate entity...

You would feel a touch miffed if you were a hardcore fan who had bought both LE and Season Pass...

I'm surprised we haven't heard about the Day One Pack, though, if it is indeed a separate entity...

I was told by a good source that they were going to announce that and the LCE Liveries today. We shall see.

It seems LCE owners do indeed get the Month 1 pack. Mechberg recently posted this at FM.net:

The LCE also includes the Month 1 Car Pack (previously known as the Day 1 Pack):

2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione

2012 Gumpert Apollo Enraged

2012 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302

2012 Lamborghini Aventador J

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air

Quick and dirty:

Forza Horizon LCE:

Month 1 Car Pack
VIP Car Pack
LCE Livery Car Pack

Season Pass:

Rally Expansion Pack
Month 1 Car Pack
Six Monthly DLC (November – April)
Five Season Pass Bonus Cars (one per month, November -- March)

zorbsie

I would be and I was miffed when they did this to me with the LE of FM4. That's why I think people are concerned they'll try and pull that same stunt again.

EDIT: Holy shit, they are doing it again. FFS, who thought this was a good idea? Canceling LCE order.

It seems LCE owners do indeed get the Month 1 pack. Mechberg recently posted this at FM.net:

I would be and I was miffed when they did this to me with the LE of FM4. That's why I think people are concerned they'll try and pull that same stunt again.

EDIT: Holy shit, they are doing it again. FFS, who thought this was a good idea? Canceling LCE order.

Well shit, that is....someting. I don't understand why they are trying so hard to convince people NOT to buy the LCE.

I am changing the OP now.

clockpunk

There really should be an additional 'loyalty' pack (for buying new) with content outwith the Season Pass, in this situation.

But I guess its too late for the team to change their plans now, which is a real shame...

But going by the maths, we have a 1600 point expansion, and 7 * 400 point car packs (Month One and six additional), which totals 1600+2800 = 4400. The Pass states it represents "savings of more than 15%", which would mean a minimum of: 4000*1.15 = 4600.

Even though it hasn't (and cannot by the team members who frequent GAF) been announced, I suspect the final pack may well be the VIP pack (at 400 points, which would account for the few percentiles 'more') after the final car pack, and that would be the content (for the Pass at least) concluded.

... I think I may have reasoned myself off the LE as well...! Or, more likely, the season pass.

Edit: Unless... unless the five additional Season Pas cars will be collected into a final DLC pack after March, and sold to those who didn't go for the pass - making the extra 400 point difference...)

Rally could be a great expansion, but I'd need a lot more details to know whether its worth it.

I take it this is adding some new large environments to the map? If so, I'm probably in. But the small text only refers to cars, events and achievements. How will this work in multiplayer?

Is this something akin to the Burnout Paradise Island DLC?

I doubt it. More likely new event ribbons that get added to the map.

Been saying for years I've wanted Forza Rallisport and I would be happy with just what we've got now (going by the demo) but an actual expansion is deffo a day one for me.

I don't ge the moaning about the price of such and such (if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it) but at the same time agree that it's wrong to 'hold stuff back' but fear its something that we'll have to get used to. Don't forget the Xbox live sales that go on all the time, Porsche pack was reduced recently and it not that old.

VRally and VRally 2 were awesome games. Sega Rally was my 'first' proper rally game. Went on to love VRally and then Colin McRae rally games.

One last note, it best be a decent expansion on map size.

Also, Has nobody thought about DLC weather? Rain Pack - 1600 points, want snow? That's another cost etc. Could this engine handle weather? And we have seen it 'hinted' at in some previews!

I think very VERY few developers ever "hold back" content. They have a vision and concepts for a game and they get that done. When the game goes gold, they have all these talented people but nothing to work on. So they come up some ideas, and some of these are ideas might be things that they have been considering for a while. So they start to work on it and decide to create it as DLC.

I don't get why that is so difficult for people to understand. The game went gold like a month ago, what do you think they have been doing? Just sitting around doing nothing? They are working on ideas to improve the game, or working on patches, or on DLC. Just because they announce the DLC before the game comes out does not mean they purposely decided to hold it back.

*sigh* I know this is falling on deaf ears, but I just don't get all the rage. They are trying to give us more content for our game and to give us cool concepts that maybe didn't fit in with the original stated design. A LOT goes on when working on a product with a large team and there are some things that you just can't make work on the original version. I feel like a lot of people have never had to work on a large team with specific design documents and time frames.

sneaky77

I think very VERY few developers ever "hold back" content. They have a vision and concepts for a game and they get that done. When the game goes gold, they have all these talented people but nothing to work on. So they come up some ideas, and some of these are ideas might be things that they have been considering for a while. So they start to work on it and decide to create it as DLC.

I don't get why that is so difficult for people to understand. The game went gold like a month ago, what do you think they have been doing? Just sitting around doing nothing? They are working on ideas to improve the game, or working on patches, or on DLC. Just because they announce the DLC before the game comes out does not mean they purposely decided to hold it back.

*sigh* I know this is falling on deaf ears, but I just don't get all the rage. They are trying to give us more content for our game and to give us cool concepts that maybe didn't fit in with the original stated design. A LOT goes on when working on a product with a large team and there are some things that you just can't make work on the original version. I feel like a lot of people have never had to work on a large team with specific design documents and time frames.

The game went gold a month ago, which meant it probably had to be content locked even before then.
I think they did hold cars back, but the rally may have been one of those, if we have time things.
It is still left to be seen if it will be worth the $20 but I hope it adds enough that it is.

zorbsie

Very well put Shortt. I really love the idea of rally DLC, but they seem cagey about what is in this DLC. If it's just new courses on the same map I'm out. If it is actually a new area that you can't get to or have seen in the main game than it's totally worth it. Time will tell but I don't think I'm jumping to conclusions to say that this has been a rocky start for their DLC plans.

That Stratos pic is either a Sega Rally Concept or Dirt Concept pic, I'm thinking its the latter but I've seen it before.

I doubt we'll ever know what's been 'held back' from the original game. I'd probably be happy with the vanilla game, but can at the same time understand some people's frustration.

They should just fuck season passes off.

Top Bottom