• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 at gamescom - Spa confirmed

Yep. I take very little joy from watching the progress of FM5, knowing that I'll probably be stiffed regarding steering wheel support just so MS can farm more money from their loyal customers. I know it's not a Turn 10 decision and it's wholly illogical, but the whole situation has really turned me against Microsoft, and by association, the driving game studio they own. And FM5 by itself would have been reason enough for me to buy a launch Xbone. My whole attitude to Xbox division has been turned on its head since E3, and it's all because of this bullshit steering wheel support policy.

I'm already not likely to buy an Xbox One, but if I would... it would be for Forza. No lies. I haven't been a Halo fan since 3. So they've got nothing else to convince me to come over. So if they try to say I need to pay 400+ for a new wheel, they can shove their autovista, expensive wheel and laser scanning up their ass.

How do you laser-scan a race track?

http://www.iracing.com/cars-and-tracks/track-technology/

derFeef

I don't know how Gamescom works, can we expect some unofficial videos today or will it be later in the week?

Gamescom is kicking off today, tomorrow is mainly press and industry day, and from 22-25 it's open for everyone. T10 could release some official videos outside of those boundaries for sure, though ;)

G Rom

FM.fr said on their FB page that tomorrow there would be a private presentation with Turn 10, here's hopping that we'll get our FM5 15 min long video like previous Forza...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Hopefully. The gameplay we've seen does look damn good and not *too* far away from these shots.

K3Ud2xL.jpg

LlB5c9k.jpg

its worth pointing out that supposedly fm5 uses the same model for photomode and gameplay, which wasnt the case with fm4. not to mention 1080p and far better lighting. i'm sure it will be crystal clear that its a fairly major step up when we see gameplay video.

Xanadu

Banned
its worth pointing out that supposedly fm5 uses the same model for photomode and gameplay, which wasnt the case with fm4. not to mention 1080p and far better lighting. i'm sure it will be crystal clear that its a fairly major step up when we see gameplay video.

its nice to see they have fixed the wheels

RetroStu

Banned

Didn't i read that they are actually using the 'photo mode' car models from Forza 4 for the actual in game models for this game?, i'm pretty sure thats the reason why we have so many cars in this game even though its a launch game.

Dramos

So what will be the surprise Major Nelson has been teasing in the gamescom oxm video for FM5?

NA day one pre-orders to have a free copy of FM5?

saladine1

wow lol

uM2Nbpt.jpg

Developed in close collaboration with Microsoft, this 7:10 scale replica of the emblematic Ferrari 458 Italia wheel is fully dedicated to Xbox One, including Binder ID and Xbox One Guide button
Designed for true racers, it features metal gas and brake pedals, and gear sequential paddle shifters
This new generation wheel will deliver unrivalled feelings in Forza Motorsport 5 and future racing games on Xbox one: Racing sensations at a level never seen before

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Racing-Ferrari-Edition-xbox-one/dp/B00ENFVS5Y
So, $400 ($600 AUD?) with no H shifter and clutch?

Fanatec and MS better come up with a solution. That's all I'm saying..

op_ivy

ahaha, thats pretty cool! cant make out what the knob is for, would be cool if you could quickly turn on and off computer assists with it!

saladine1

No fucking way am I dumping my wheel for that.

Thought I saw a tiny (on my phone) offscreen photo of Laguna Seca on FC, has it already been posted?

Yep. My Fanatec is staying exactly where it is. I just can't imagine using that wheel with a Chevrolet Camaro or Hakosuka Skyline.

op_ivy

Looks weird. Still has that typical forza glare on everything - the road, the dash.

uhhh, did you play forza 4's laguna seca? this looks NOTHING like it. and if you thought the glare was bad here (hint, its not)...

ShamePain

Banned
uhhh, did you play forza 4's laguna seca? this looks NOTHING like it. and if you thought the glare was bad here (hint, its not)...

That's not the point. The track has more detail, yes, but I'm talking about the overall look. And to me it looks almost identical to FM4, aside from windscreen reflections of course.

op_ivy

awesome. thanks. a bit pissed all we see is laguna seca... i mean, it looks much improved and it is a great track, but why not show off NEW stuff?

EDIT: cant get it to load :(

op_ivy

you can see so much more detail when he switches to 3rd person. looks insane.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Loving how lively the pre and post race shit seems to be on the track also DAT SOUND coming off that Ferrari, damn.

I've watched the videos from my phone so far, can't really make out too much details.

I want the game now though, hyped as hell.

laguna seca gameplay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9SiQxDuPDw

looks like a lot more trackside detail and looks GREAT. cant wait to see better (blim's) footage

ilhLksR57bwmw.gif

Why is the sun flare going through the roof? Why is it so big? Driving into the sunset is never that bad and that's staring at the sun itself.

They should have showed Spa... a.. European country at Gamescom... it would have been a much better showcase of graphical prowess.

I honestly expected a T500 for the Xbox when it was announced, what the hell are they playing at?

Same. But a Ferrari wheel is just... ugh... especially one that expensive that's not up to scale...

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
It does. Same static shadow maps that project weirdly on cars.

I want to see it in the new screenshots not the old announcement screenshots.
wow lol

uM2Nbpt.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Racing-Ferrari-Edition-xbox-one/dp/B00ENFVS5Y
So, $400 ($600 AUD?) with no H shifter and clutch?

Fanatec and MS better come up with a solution. That's all I'm saying..

No clutch, H-gate/Sequential shifter and only works with XB1? Yea, not gonna happen Microsoft.

Why is the sun flare going through the roof? Why is it so big? Driving into the sunset is never that bad and that's staring at the sun itself.

It's not coming through the roof

It may be a little over the top but there is a reason cars have sun visors in real life.

prebaked lighting?

What, in any way, shape or form does that gif have to do with pre baked lighting?

otapnam

ilhLksR57bwmw.gif

They should have showed Spa... a.. European country at Gamescom... it would have been a much better showcase of graphical prowess.

Same. But a Ferrari wheel is just... ugh... especially one that expensive that's not up to scale...

prebaked lighting?

op_ivy

ilhLksR57bwmw.gif

bloom. its bright. yes it is.

also, not sure why you quoted me to try and shit on the game with this stupid gif.

bloom. its bright. yes it is.

also, not sure why you quoted me to try and shit on the game with this stupid gif.

It's a gif from that video of gameplay. That flare is huge. It's the biggest flare I've probably seen in a game. I thought the rest of the footage was great, but right after Goku threw a Spirit Bomb at the screen I literally said "Jesus." It's terrible design.

op_ivy

No, it's just a terrible lens flare. This is seriously the worst flare I've seen in any game. Including BF3, and that game has it baaad. They just need to reduce the size by 50%. It's just extremely unrealistic.

its probably exaggerated a bit by being off screen

op_ivy

Could very well be true.

it is bright as fuck, but so is the sun. again though, i'd bet its not nearly as bad in person and just a consequence of offscreen footage. turn 10 does over do this shit thought. at least its fairly quick and on a straight. the road is completely visible too, unlike fm4's rendition.

shinnn

Did MS released a trailer or something? There's a 1gb vídeo in the press site.

Edit: meh its the same video that IGN posted another day.

Top Bottom