• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I played Forza 5 to get more Rewards points this week, I'll try to compare grip if I can at GC.

Also, I'll try to get directfeed audio, I couldn't manage to get any sound last time at E3 (they used Elite pads, but the headset was getting sound).

Still debating whether to get the G920 racing wheel when it releases. I currently have the cheap Ferrari 458 Spider wheel set up to the Wheel Stand Pro V2. It's alright and gets the job done, but would like a feedback wheel for Forza, especially since 6 has rain now :(

Grassy

Have they said anything about driving model?
I hope there is more grip in Forza 6 than 5. I can't really push cars in 5 on wheel. They are sliding too much.

I think the grip level is pretty much spot-on in Forza 5. I've set some pretty fast times in RWD cars, with no assists, up until about S700 then I need traction control. This is how I see the grip levels in the past games.
Forza 2 felt too slippery.
Forza 3 had a ton more grip(maybe too much).
Forza 4 was back to being slippery.
Forza 5 feels just right to me, mostly. AWD cars feel a bit off.

Gestault

Really hope we get at least one Japanese track, and of course Monza.

I feel like it's asking too much for a completely rebuilt Fujimi Kaido, just because of the length, but I really do love that track. The narrow hill segments were a blast in LeMans style cars (all grip, speed, and no hope for drifting). I really do miss it. The leaderboards for the different stages were superb.

Are we sure about this?

Not that it matters much as the collectors editions have been getting worse across the franchise since 3, but I've got every CE/LE since 2.

Yes, it was confirmed and I hate thier choice, I have every collectors/limited edition of Forza, the third one was the best.

They changed the Forza Rewards program:
Screenshot1.png

Also there will be WEEKLY and overall DOUBLED rewards (at least) in August (source).

My only problem is, that I was Tier 6 with 6000pts and got 1,500,000Cr every month, but this time (it should be a quarter of my previous payout, because it's only for the first week but doubled, right? So 750,000...) I only got 400.000Cr and it says, should I get to Tier 7, there would be 200,000Cr more waiting for me this week. That would be a 50% increase from Tier 6 to 7... it used to be 1,500,000 -> 2,100,000Cr from Tier 6 to 7, if I remember correctly.

There is something I'm not getting here and I hope it's nothing fishy. Also, I don't want to redeem rewards every week... maybe if they had a better news and community spotlight and whatnot section, but not as it is right now.

OrangeOak

I think the grip level is pretty much spot-on in Forza 5. I've set some pretty fast times in RWD cars, with no assists, up until about S700 then I need traction control. This is how I see the grip levels in the past games.
Forza 2 felt too slippery.
Forza 3 had a ton more grip(maybe too much).
Forza 4 was back to being slippery.
Forza 5 feels just right to me, mostly. AWD cars feel a bit off.

Without some tuning setups ("noob" setups from worm) I can't really drive comfortable in Forza 5. Maybe I am just bad but I play a lot of sims on all platforms and it is always Forza 5 that takes most time to adjust to it's driving model.
From lack of better word I would say that Forza 5 driving model is too delicate/soft.
I also think that Forza 5 have less grip than 4. I noticed it right away even with gamepad.
Race cars are ok though.
I am also not saying that it is bad because driving is really fun especially after some practice time and with setups but I would really like to see at least little grip bump.

Lima

Gonna finish 2000/2000 on Horizon 2 later today.

Then I'm gonna load up each Forza and check how many cars I have in each game. Wanna make sure I have at least 300 in each to start out with that 25 million credits goodness in 6.

etta

my hard graphic balls
They changed the Forza Rewards program:

Also there will be WEEKLY and overall DOUBLED rewards (at least) in August (source).

My only problem is, that I was Tier 6 with 6000pts and got 1,500,000Cr every month, but this time (it should be a quarter of my previous payout, because it's only for the first week but doubled, right? So 750,000...) I only got 400.000Cr and it says, should I get to Tier 7, there would be 200,000Cr more waiting for me this week. That would be a 50% increase from Tier 6 to 7... it used to be 1,500,000 -> 2,100,000Cr from Tier 6 to 7, if I remember correctly.

There is something I'm not getting here and I hope it's nothing fishy. Also, I don't want to redeem rewards every week... maybe if they had a better news and community spotlight and whatnot section, but not as it is right now.
Yea, I got only 400,000 at T6, too.

terrible

Banned
I'm now something like 53 points away from tier 7. I might as well see what I have to do to get those extra points then I guess.

0racle

as someone who has never focused on the forza rewards I am currently sitting at tier 5? with 2762 points. Will I remain at tier 5 or be bumped?

also what should I be doing before forza 6? is there some milestone that must be met to get a huge reward? I see tones of people collecting cars or something? please enlighten me comrades !

MouldyK

as someone who has never focused on the forza rewards I am currently sitting at tier 5? with 2762 points. Will I remain at tier 5 or be bumped?

also what should I be doing before forza 6? is there some milestone that must be met to get a huge reward? I see tones of people collecting cars or something? please enlighten me comrades !

TIER REWARD CARS
In Forza Motorsport 6, you will receive a free car added to your garage for each Forza Rewards Tier you’ve achieved. Note that these rewards are cumulative, so a Tier 3 player will earn the Tier 2 reward and the Tier 3 reward. The Tier 8 player (yes, we’re adding more Tiers to Forza Rewards with the launch of Forza Motorsport 6 – more details on that later in the summer) will earn all prior Tier Reward cars.

Here’s the full list:
Tier 2: 2015 BMW M235i
Tier 3: 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
Tier 4: 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Tier 5: 2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
Tier 6: 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
Tier 7: 2014 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione 458 Italia GTLM
Tier 8: 2014 Audi #2 Audi Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro

GAME REWARD CARS
If you’ve played select recent Forza games, we haven’t forgotten you either! You’ll also receive a free car added to your Forza Motorsport 6 garage for each of the following titles you’ve played:
Forza Motorsport 4: 2009 Ford Focus RS
Forza Motorsport 5: 2013 Ford Shelby GT500
Forza Horizon 2: 2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Shelby

VIP REWARD CARS
In addition, you’ll receive a free car in Forza Motorsport 6 for VIP membership in Forza Motorsport 5 or Forza Horizon 2. A VIP in both games will receive both cars.
Forza Motorsport 5 VIP: 2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
Forza Horizon 2 VIP: 2011 Koenigsegg Agera

CAR COLLECTOR BONUS
Finally, you will also receive an in-game credits bonus for the number of cars in your garage in each of the following titles on Xbox 360: Forza Motorsport 3, Forza Motorsport 4, Forza Horizon, and on Xbox One: Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Horizon 2.

For each game with 50 - 199 cars in your garage, you’ll receive 100,000 in-game credits.
For each game with 200 - 299 cars in your garage, you’ll receive 1,000,000 in-game credits.
For each game with 300 or more cars in your garage, you’ll receive 5,000,000 in-game credits.

That’s as many as 25,000,000 in-game credits to start your Forza Motorsport 6 career!

Here you go.

Also, i'm all in now:

We're sending you this message to confirm that you have purchased the following items from Microsoft:
Purchase Date
02 August 2015

Total for this order: £81.99
Item(s)
Forza Motorsport 6 Ultimate Edition
Price: £81.99
Quantity: 1

watdaeff4

I was going to skip this all together, then the more I read and watched.........Ultimate edition pre-ordered

yes I realize I'm part of the problem

willbsn13

Just noticed, the car in the silhouette, what is it? It can't be Doms Charger from Furious 7 (which was in FH2), that car doesn't have that lip spoiler on the back and the shape is a little different.

Or am I looking into things too much in anticipation for tomorrow?

Edit: This is for the Forza 6 F&F Car Pack btw

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm totally confused by my rewards points with Horizon 2. The days played doesn't seem to line up with reality at all, and the gamerscore seems to include something other than achievements because right now it's at 2443 and it seemed to randomly grow anyway. I cleared some achievements and with those included it needed 122pts to reach 5 and now I haven't played today and it's at 57pts to 5, and that's after the new-system jump to hit 4.

I'm not bothering trying to buy 300 cars in Horizon in one go, too dull to sit mashing the buttons when buying cars in FM6 will be easy.

But what I am doing is now every time I play a race in FH2 I buy a new car for it. I'm finding it interesting as I'm driving lots of cars I might not have otherwise tried.

MouldyK

I'm not bothering trying to buy 300 cars in Horizon in one go, too dull to sit mashing the buttons when buying cars in FM6 will be easy.

But what I am doing is now every time I play a race in FH2 I buy a new car for it. I'm finding it interesting as I'm driving lots of cars I might not have otherwise tried.

I usually did that and near the end, I bought every car I could over the 2 Month Period I played it, so getting from 230 cars to 300 cars this morning while listening to Podcasts was fine.

Now Forza 5? That crap is gonna take a while as you can't sort by price...

Fox Mulder

I don't really care about that bonus, as it's not hard to get lots of money anyways. Buying cars is already pretty tedious with how clunky the store is.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef

Just noticed, the car in the silhouette, what is it? It can't be Doms Charger from Furious 7 (which was in FH2), that car doesn't have that lip spoiler on the back and the shape is a little different.

Or am I looking into things too much in anticipation for tomorrow?

Edit: This is for the Forza 6 F&F Car Pack btw
Looks like Ken Blocks' Hoonicorn:

saladine1

So, are we expecting any new features to be announced during GC or is it just going to be cars/tracks?

I really want to know whether the tuning/upgrades/customization elements have been expanded upon.

Mascot

So, are we expecting any new features to be announced during GC or is it just going to be cars/tracks?

I really want to know whether the tuning/upgrades/customization elements have been expanded upon.

Really, really hoping for customisable career race lengths, proper pit strategy and pre-race qualifying sessions. That holy triumvirate would work wonders to boost FM's serious sim claims.

Top Bottom