• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News Insider: "We Just Make Shit Up!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinRo

Glad to know left-leaning GAF doesn't see the irony in this article.

Anonymous insider lambasts former employer for making up news. Wait...

Jin34

Gaborn said:
Although it certainly fits the impression you get of their coverage, I'm leery generally of trusting anonymous ex-employees who may have an ax to grind.

But he's not anonymous, since we know the source was:

9tvwr.jpg

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
KevinRo said:
Glad to know left-leaning GAF doesn't see the irony in this article.

Anonymous insider lambasts former employer for making up news. Wait...
I'm surprised that the people who think Fox actually reports news can even tell their left from their right.

_Bro

Banned
speculawyer said:
minus_273
This is what Objectivism
does to people

(Today, 04:29 PM)
Reply | Quote

How about looking at objective reality . . .

Government statistics show that rape has been going down.
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/glance/tables/viortrdtab.cfm

But when Fox News wants to do a 'those crazy video games are bad' story, they do this:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/02/08/bulletstorm-worst-game-kids/

That's not news . . . news would require fact-checking. They are not interested in the facts. They are interested in spin. Go ahead and call the article a fake if you want . . . but you can't dispute the reality I just pointed out. And happens again and again, and again and again, etc. on Fox.
I can see that you didn't bother to read that article:

Carole Lieberman, a psychiatrist and book author, told FoxNews.com that sexual situations and acts in video games -- highlighted so well in Bulletstorm -- have led to real-world sexual violence.
“The increase in rapes can be attributed in large part to the playing out of [sexual] scenes in video games,” she said.

So no, Fox News did not say that rapes are the cause of increased rapes, they're reported on someone saying that they're the cause.

Try not to slip over the irony in this thread too much, okay everyone?

_Bro said:
I can see that you didn't bother to read that article:

So no, Fox News did not say that rapes are the cause of increased rapes, they're reported on someone saying that they're the cause.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

But you do realize they have editorial control of who they choose to speak to and whether they print it. And as I pointed out in my original post, as a news organization they should have fact checked such a brash statement and discarded it since it was not true.

But hey . . . perhaps what you are saying is that Fox News are not liars . . . they are just really stupid. Is that better than being liars?

_Bro said:
I can see that you didn't bother to read that article:So no, Fox News did not say that rapes are the cause of increased rapes, they're reported on someone saying that they're the cause.

Try not to slip over the irony in this thread too much, okay everyone?
BTW, I did not say that Fox News said that rapes are the cause of increased rapes.

Apparently you are unable to understand what I wrote and thus you provided us with the irony.

_Bro

Banned
speculawyer said:
But hey . . . perhaps what you are saying is that Fox News are not liars . . . they are just really stupid. Is that better than being liars?
Absolutely! I can't believe you even made that a rhetorical question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom