• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#FreeStelllarBlade petition demanding game's original clothing hits over 50k signatures

Three

When you put out a new game, you normally promote it every day on social media, even on the weekend.
What exactly could a twitter account say though? This isn't like posting out PR that says "buy stellar blade today!". It requires shift up to speak with the publisher and sign a contract to bill additional work on the game before they can give any meaningful response about what they plan to do. They've said they'll discuss internally and have an answer soon and it's been just over 1 working day later.

Last edited:

ToneyJ

What exactly could a twitter account say though? This isn't like posting out PR that says "buy stellar blade today!". It requires shift up to speak with the publisher and sign a contract to bill additional work on the game before they can give any meaningful response about what they plan to do. They've said they'll discuss internally and have an answer soon and it's been just over 1 working day later.
Yeah but they’re not even promoting or talking about the game period. Which makes me wonder if they’re in panic mode.

And I guarantee they had internal discussions and discussions with Sony all weekend too lol.

Last edited:

Three

Yeah but they’re not even promoting or talking about the game period. Which makes me wonder if they’re in panic mode.
Probably because they now fear that if they say something like "look at this cool thing you can do in stellar blade!" the replies would derail to "why aren't you addressing this issue of censorship!". It's a lose-lose situation.

Last edited:

ToneyJ

Probably because they now fear that if they say something like "look at this cool thing you can do in stellar blade!" the replies would derail to "why aren't you addressing this issue of censorship!". It's a lose-lose situation.
100% haha

nosoynadie22

Gold Member
The truth is that I would understand this for another game but it's seriously crazy that we are complaining that Stellar Blade doesn't have enough fanservice
anLpZY5.jpeg
TJKMeH6.jpeg
QguOlz8.jpeg
bTJ1qDg.jpeg

Last edited:

ShadowNate

He @ FBI, does that count?
I don't know. Does that work in the US? I hate that twitter / DMs have gained a status that people would consider them at all to report something to authorities (when it's for something more important than something that can be submitted to twitter's own report system).

I'd probably call the cyber crime service or notify them through their official channels of communication.

midnightAI

I don't know. Does that work in the US? I hate that twitter / DMs have gained a status that people would consider them at all to report something to authorities (when it's for something more important than something that can be submitted to twitter's own report system).

I'd probably call the cyber crime service or notify them through their official channels of communication.
I was being a bit pedantic to be honest, using @ FBI in a tweet seems a little silly to me. Official channels/direct communication with the authorities without announcing it to the world via Twitter (depending on what you post it could legally go against you, not saying what he said has any kind of legal ramification though as it shouldnt) is indeed the correct route.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It’s actually pretty commendable that Mark Kern went from this spectacular flop to a new career as a social media grifter

is-mark-kern-grummz-innocent-at-all-firefall-fans-and-even-v0-r4u74pu8watc1.jpg

While very lame of Sony to force shift up the patch the game (likely). This is 100% being driven by Kern because he ran out of controversies to farm engagement with on twitter.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
These tactics aren't going to work because the message can be succinctly boiled down to "comply with our demands or suffer the consequences."

They have less way power and popular support than they think they have. Its a big enough contingent to support drama clicks, especially when bigger streamers are too scared of alienating their own audiences by making an actual principled stand, but without stuff like ESG scores putting a heavy thumb on the scales they are easy to ignore.
For now, for now. Again, you are more likely seeing moralist and stupid arguments come back for religious or para religious groups… balance of power shifts, reversing the regression to more brutal / barbaric (definitely less “illuminate” / moderate ways may take far far far longer). People keep pushing for a more extreme and divided society in more and more isolated groups that seek mob justice and utterly despise the other camp and anyone that tries to build bridges, especially any moderate, and well when the balance of power shifts the culture does bit shift at the same time… both sides get accustomed and justify the same stupid, short sighted, extremist rules.

Three

is that in the patched version? I have just received my physical copy from amazon so update or not update?
That skin suit is in any version of the game completely unchanged.

I'd update because with the update you get NG+ with new skills, level expansions, and 34 new costumes. Unless you're really desperate to remove some lace on a costume it's not worth it to play unpatched IMO.

Are you really not going to patch the game just for the fear or losing a little extra exposed skin on a costume?

Legit question.
I have a physical copy so I can return to the original game but even if that wasnt the case, the answer is: "it depends if I like the costume"

there is no point in having 1000 costumes if the one I prefer becomes unavailable, I dont know yet what costumes are available maybe I wont care about the ones being removed but if they are not better then yea I will complain the one I liked was removed, it is similar to pokemon go where the update maybe introduced new things but if they are not better than the ones removed then player have a problem with that

Crayon

I have a physical copy so I can return to the original game but even if that wasnt the case, the answer is: "it depends if I like the costume"

there is no point in having 1000 costumes if the one I prefer becomes unavailable, I dont know yet what costumes are available maybe I wont care about the ones being removed but if they are not better then yea I will complain the one I liked was removed, it is similar to pokemon go where the update maybe introduced new things but if they are not better than the ones removed then player have a problem with that
Check out the costumes, and see if any of your favorites were changed!

Boglin

The truth is that I would understand this for another game but it's seriously crazy that we are complaining that Stellar Blade doesn't have enough fanservice
anLpZY5.jpeg
TJKMeH6.jpeg
QguOlz8.jpeg
bTJ1qDg.jpeg
I totally hear you.
This whole thing reminds me of a time I went to a restaurant where I saw a guy loudly voicing his disappointment with his meal. Even though it had tasted great, I guess he found out the chicken eggs used for ingredients in his meal were from factory farms, despite this particular restaurant's advertisements claiming they sourced their food from ethical and sustainable farms. Apparently something so trivial was enough to set him off and I was kinda floored with his absurd complaining. I mean, the eggs taste identical either way so it's not like his food would have tasted any better if the eggs came from his preferred farms so what exactly was he bitching about?! The food there is amazing! Guys like that are so petty and retarded about food flavors, just like all the countless people in this thread specifically complaining that this game lacks fanservice.

Last edited:

Crayon

Everyone acting like these costumes are not in the game lol

If there is any indicator that the changes were "just because", it would be the other sexy costumes in the game. They get pretty far out there. There wasn't anything special about the two that got changed. I still think they could have done it as some kind of concession. It would be funny for someone to fall for those changes making much of a difference hey bureaucracies are retarded so maybe.

Crayon

I totally hear you.
This whole thing reminds me of a time I went to a restaurant where I saw a guy loudly voicing his disappointment with his meal. Even though it had tasted great, I guess he found out the chicken eggs used for ingredients in his meal were from factory farms, despite this particular restaurant's advertisements claiming they sourced their food from ethical and sustainable farms. Apparently something so trivial was enough to set him off and I was kinda floored with his absurd complaining. I mean, the eggs taste identical either way so it's not like his food would have tasted any better if the eggs came from his preferred farms so what exactly was he bitching about?! The food there is amazing! Guys like that are so petty and retarded about food flavors, just like all the countless people in this thread specifically complaining that this game lacks fanservice.

Er we got people acting petty and retarded on both sides here. Not the the most gifted interlocutors so shouldn't be the example.

And the main argument that people are presenting to change it back is that it's the principal of the game being fettered with due to outside pressure. Any amount is too much. I have my issues with that argument but they ain't saying there isn't enough fanservice. Anyone can see this is more fanservice than every aaa of the last 5 years combined.

Boglin

Er we got people acting petty and retarded on both sides here. Not the the most gifted interlocutors so shouldn't be the example.

And the main argument that people are presenting to change it back is that it's the principal of the game being fettered with due to outside pressure. Any amount is too much. I have my issues with that argument but they ain't saying there isn't enough fanservice. Anyone can see this is more fanservice than every aaa of the last 5 years combined.
Next you're going to be telling me that the guy at the restaurant wasn't actually complaining about the flavor of the eggs. 😜

Last edited:

ToneyJ

The people making the same posts over and over about how "it's only 1-2 costumes out of 30 that got censored!" keep missing the point.

It's not about the specific costume. It's the fact that there was censorship period. Why are people (presumably at Sony) feeling the need to inject their shitty changes into Stellar Blade, a game rated 17+. It doesn't benefit the game at all, and as we've seen, just pisses people off.

Last edited:

Crayon

Next you're going to be telling me that the guy at the restaurant wasn't actually complaining about the flavor of the eggs. 😜

Actually... he was probably on about the principle of the thing, too lol.

BUT, that illustrates your point and mine, too. I think it's important to choose your battles wisely.

demigod

That skin suit is in any version of the game completely unchanged.

I'd update because with the update you get NG+ with new skills, level expansions, and 34 new costumes. Unless you're really desperate to remove some lace on a costume it's not worth it to play unpatched IMO.
I just got the game today, wouldn’t it be better to play it unpatched first playthrough?

Aenima

Are you really not going to patch the game just for the fear or losing a little extra exposed skin on a costume?

Legit question.
I did not patched the game. And i dont plan to untill i beat the game and go for a NG+. Thers zero reason to update the game for the 1st run. and no, the "improved" imput delay would not improve the way i play, my parries and dodges wont get better than they already are.

drotahorror

More pissed the gore got censored. One thing to add costumes as a mod on PC, but gore and dismemberment can be more complicated.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The people making the same posts over and over about how "it's only 1-2 costumes out of 30 that got censored!" keep missing the point.

It's not about the specific costume. It's the fact that there was censorship period. Why are people (presumably at Sony) feeling the need to inject their shitty changes into Stellar Blade, a game rated 17+. It doesn't benefit the game at all, and as we've seen, just pisses people off.
That’s not true.
First of all. It’s 2 costumes with small changes out of over 70 costumes.

but more importantly. The marketing was never about outfits. I follow the game for 5 years and I only learned that there will be outfits few months ago. Even then, they were not showcasing bunny suit.
It no loss. The difference compared to 1.0 might just as well be incidental as they kept working on a game. Or this bunny costume really had to have panties. It’s ridiculous what people complain about

violence

That’s not true.

but more importantly. The marketing was never about outfits. I follow the game for 5 years and I only learned that there will be outfits few months ago. Even then, they were not showcasing bunny suit.
It no loss. The difference compared to 1.0 might just as well be incidental as they kept working on a game. Or this bunny costume really had to have panties. It’s ridiculous what people complain about
I’m finding it hard to think the game is censored as I’m playing it. This petition may only increase sales so it’s fine.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I did not patched the game. And i dont plan to untill i beat the game and go for a NG+. Thers zero reason to update the game for the 1st run. and no, the "improved" imput delay would not improve the way i play, my parries and dodges wont get better than they already are.

The film grain and CA toggles are pretty good reasons to update the game, IMO. That shit is way worse than a little cover over Eve's cleavage in her bunny outfit.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I think its obvious. If you look at Shift Up other game (Nikke) that has an age rating of +12, it has more revealing bunny outfits than the patched one.
If the bunny costume was originally the most revealing outfit it would be obvious. I used to play Destiny Child - I know how Shift Up roll.

Aenima

The film grain and CA toggles are pretty good reasons to update the game, IMO. That shit is way worse than a little cover over Eve's cleavage in her bunny outfit.
Nah, i like the way the game looks, it fits the setting. When i patch the game for the NG+ i will keep them as well.

ToneyJ

That’s not true.

You literally just responded with the same response I was talking about lol.

Again, it's not about what they censored. It's the fact that they censored anything period, when they could have just left it alone.

Last edited:

Aenima

If the bunny costume was originally the most revealing outfit it would be obvious. I used to play Destiny Child - I know how Shift Up roll.
Destiny Child had 3 version with diferent censorships. The Korean, The Japanese and the Global. Only the global added more fabric to the outfits. The Japanese version was the same as Korean but with less transparency in certain body parts.

Sony has a long historial of censoring breasts in multiplatform games where only the playstation version is censored.

BTW I have no problem with those petitioning for the other versions of the costumes released to all players.
To me it seems an innocuous enough request. One which even if they don’t do it will eventually be done via mods when the game comes out on PC

I just think all the indignation over censorship and refunds is a bit of an over reaction. One that I’m not sure isn’t being pushed by gaslighting game journalists as FUD against the game.

Toons

It's not an L!!!

That's what's making me mad about this. It's a huge win. Look at the state of the game we got! If it is censorship caused by outside pressure, we should be cackling that that was the best they could do.

This is just gonna tell devs not to bother because people are gonna complain anyways.

And they wouldn't be wrong.

Yeah things are getting crazy, but I think with gamers it’s more about the principle and gamers are seeing the obvious double standards in this industry yet again. Games like Balders Gate 3, Saints Row, TLOU2, Cyberpunk and Hades 2 aren’t censored, but they see another Asian game get “modified” for having revealing outfits.

Not helping that it was advertised that Stellar Blade would be uncensored worldwide and then a surprise day one patch comes out to censor it. I think refunding the game over this is a tad dramatic, but I understand if they feel like it wasn’t the product promised to them or false advertisement.

Last edited:

Crayon

Yeah things are getting crazy, but I think with gamers it’s more about the principle and gamers are seeing the obvious double standards in this industry yet again. Games like Balders Gate 3, Saints Row, TLOU2, Cyberpunk and Hades 2 aren’t censored, but they see another Asian game get “modified” for having revealing outfits.

Not helping that it was advertised that Stellar Blade would be uncensored worldwide and then a surprise day one patch comes out to censor it. I think refunding the game over this is a tad dramatic, but I understand if they feel like it wasn’t the product promised to them or false advertisement.

There's some misreading of the censorship promise. The message was to say that there are getting the game passed with the same content in all regions. I didn't realize that myself until this whole kerfuffle prompted closer reading.

Crayon

BTW I have no problem with those petitioning for the other versions of the costumes released to all players.
To me it seems an innocuous enough request. One which even if they don’t do it will eventually be done via mods when the game comes out on PC

I just think all the indignation over censorship and refunds is a bit of an over reaction. One that I’m not sure isn’t being pushed by gaslighting game journalists as FUD against the game.

They didn't have to push it, but it's a huge windfall for them. All the anti-woke influencers on my yt feed are acting like it's world war 3. For wokey journalists, we've delivered mana from heaven.

Three

I just got the game today, wouldn’t it be better to play it unpatched first playthrough?
If you don't mind the added input delay then sure but I personally don't think it's worth it for a tiny bit of some thigh or booba you can just get on a different costume anyway. It's your own call though.

Top Bottom