• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer played through MGS Ground Zeroes' main mission in [1.5hrs, not rushing]

normanski

Neo Member
Considering that Left Behind is £12 for what I'm assuming will roughly be the same amount of time, I don't mind paying a similar price for Ground Zeroes on PS3.

Jarmel

Banned
Can't make a new thread, can someone make one for me?

Apparently, The Phantom Pain is only coming to the PS4, XB1 ?!

Here is the information page about GZ and it says it's coming to PS3, X360, XB1 and P4

and more info in the article

However, in the TPP part it says coming only to PS4, Xbox One

More info, also only says it's coming to the new generation

Looking back, TPP was never shown running on PS3 or X360. Either on a PC or the new generation!

That's a megaton. Based Kojima.

sn00zer

Here is the information page about GZ and it says it's coming to PS3, X360, XB1 and P4

and more info in the article

However, in the TPP part it says coming only to PS4, Xbox One

More info, also only says it's coming to the new generation

Looking back, TPP was never shown running on PS3 or X360. Either on a PC or the new generation!

Edit: deleted the scan links, but you can see the magazine.

This has been known for a long time

I still don't even know what ground zeros is versus what mgs5 is. I haven't been following this but leave it to kojima to convolute and confuse the fuck out of everything.

But its like the MGS2 demo guys...we can spend countless hours on it, figuring out different ways to play and finish each mission, getting used to the new controls and this "new" MGS gameplay, you will like it?

Very interesting Kojima interview in the issue. Basically talks about how he got into gaming and how he is stuck being the Metal Gear guy. He claims he does not want to be known as that man, he claims he doesnt have much time left cause he is 50 so he wants to write a list of all he wants to do before he dies and make sure he does it which includes writing a novel and making a movie.

He claims he likes simple stories, ironically. He said he always tries to make a simple story. He says he wont let series canon hinder him from telling the story he wants so if he has to contradict a few things he will.

There was a comparison of him and James Cameron with Aliens where that franchise was handed off after Alien and it was successful. Kojima said his situation is more like Terminator where if he left it would become a mess. He claims he has had no success in passing the torch which implies he has tried. There is a lot about Japanese culture and how he doesn't relate to any Japanese developers anymore except Platinum Games.

What I found most interesting is his talk about GTA and Konami. Remember that GTA tweet about how amazing an open world it was and how he was jealous. Well he says he is jealous of Rockstar that they are able to pump all their resources into making the game they desire. He says he can't do that, he still needs to work with Konami and partner on different projects and make sure things are balanced for Konami as a whole.

He says he just got into Breaking Bad and he is pissed cause he wasnt the one to come up with that story, he wants to tell that kind of story. He says if he pitched a story like that to Konami they would probably say no. He also loved Gravity, loved how simple it was and he says trying to create a game that simple would be hard with Konami. He says that movie really impacted him, making something out of the ordinary a big success and is jealous of it as a creator, says it stirred something in him.

He talks about how he is close friends with Guillermo Del Toro, says he would like to work with him one day.

Kojima should start a kickstarter on whatever game he wants to make, his name alone will make it happen, I feel bad for him, but I enjoy MGS series so I'd hate someone else take over and ruin it lol. But yeah he should be given more free time to do what he wants.

RE_Player

no that's blind fanboyism and sheer foolishness.
Quite frankly the tone you've expressed in all your responses has been rude. Is it so hard to understand that be it good or bad I would want to experience this next chapter in this franchise? I like experiencing as much things as possible and am able to dissociate any prior fondness I have for a franchise when I play a new entry. Good or bad you should want the experience you have from any film, book, game etc. to be one that will broaden your perspective on things to come or else you are just wasting your time.

RooMHM

All they deserve is a big "Fuck You" but it ll sell because people can t see beyond their nose and dont think about the consequences.

Mrbob

So not only is it short and over-priced, it's also going to lead to another resolution gate..oh boy.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/metal...ghtly_better_on_ps4_than_xbox_one_kojima.html

Power difference isn't anything we don't know, despite Penellos misleading comments to the contrary. PS4 is more powerful. The real surprise is if any game is at parity ( like ea sports games ), because it means they aren't pushing the PS4. Good news in they are extending the life of your console by not working it as hard.

Persona7

Banned
I still don't even know what ground zeros is versus what mgs5 is. I haven't been following this but leave it to kojima to convolute and confuse the fuck out of everything.

I was confused as well. At first I remember them being completely different games. Then I remember everyone saying GZ and TPP were basically the same game but different parts similar to MGS2.

After that they were stand alone games again with GZ being digital only and now GZ is getting a retail release. Now The Phantom Pain is next gen only? I am fucking confused

Betty

Banned

It was never been outright confirmed to my knowledge but this confirmation is wonderful news, so glad that The Phantom Pain will be less restricted by last gen than Ground Zeroes.

Kumo

ifxPY0pjNWPFh.gif

Perfect.

AHA-Lambda

Experiencing something that is bad is just as valuable as experiencing something that is good. If you just arbitrarily limit yourself to the excellent pieces in any medium you are limiting your ability to have a wide and informed opinion.

I give up, you'd willingly pay for and play something bad cos of the name on the box.

Good or bad you should want the experience you have from any film, book, game etc. to be one that will broaden your perspective on things to come or else you are just wasting your time.

Yeah, but... you can get that experience without paying $40 for it.

Has the rise of Steam/PC game prices falling sharply in the first year taught us nothing?

doemaaan

Not at all. This is definitely the first confirmation that TPP is next-gen only.

Yeah, but... Did anyone really believe it would've been cross gen? I figured most people put it up there with FF15. Current gen only and won't come out for at least two years (so the install base grows (?)).

This all reminds me of when The Bouncer came out for PS2. Short as shit with cutscenes included, over priced, and almost considered a demo for a full game's tech.

RE_Player

Yeah, but... you can get that experience without paying $40 for it.

Has the rise of Steam/PC game prices falling sharply in the first year taught us nothing?
I give up, you'd willingly pay for and play something bad cos of the name on the box.
I guess the thing is money is not a problem for me. I'm not trying to sound like Mr. Moneybags here but when it comes to things I'm interested in experiencing I don't really need to wait for a discount. Not saying I wouldn't welcome cheaper prices but full price tags aren't a big issue.

OneUh8

Quite frankly the tone you've expressed in all your responses has been rude. Is it so hard to understand that be it good or bad I would want to experience this next chapter in this franchise? I like experiencing as much things as possible and am able to dissociate any prior fondness I have for a franchise when I play a new entry. Good or bad you should want the experience you have from any film, book, game etc. to be one that will broaden your perspective on things to come or else you are just wasting your time.

While I do respect your opinion, you are not making a whole lot of sense here. What is the point of reviews then? They TYPICALLY are to inform the audience whether or not they should spend their time and money to see or use the product. Do you go see EVERY movie that comes out in the theater? Of course not because that would cost too much. Same thing here. No one is saying they will never play it, but paying full price for this is stupid and is perpetrating exactly what is wrong with the industry. All these big companies only see things in terms of $$$. They will continue to make whatever makes them money. Sorry for the rant. :)

The more I think about this the more deplorable I find it. Kojima and co are totally taking advantage of loyal fans and knowingly screwing them over. You guys should NOT be okay with it. Too often gamers are just push overs and refuse to put their money where their mouth is. This is why companies can get away with this shit.

Sky Chief

Platinum trophy- buy the game
no seriously for a 2hr game for $40 they should be just giving us the trophy

Is this a yes?

I am buying it regardless because knowing MGS games it will have a ton of replayability and I will sink hours into it just like MGS2. I hope it has lots of cool side missions that are graded a la Peace Walker.

Kiant

Power difference isn't anything we don't know, despite Penellos misleading comments to the contrary. PS4 is more powerful. The real surprise is if any game is at parity ( like ea sports games ), because it means they aren't pushing the PS4. Good news in they are extending the life of your console by not working it as hard.

True, judging by the recent trend of games; but at this rate it's becoming more of the norm. I just wonder whether the real MGSV will suffer the same fate.

Popnbake

I was still interested when it was 4 hours but now it's 2?!

...Guess the only game I'm going to purchase in March is Dark Souls II.

Betty

Banned
Is this a yes?

I am buying it regardless because knowing MGS games it will have a ton of replayability and I will sink hours into it just like MGS2. I hope it has lots of cool side missions that are graded a la Peace Walker.

One of the achievements is getting S-rank for all missions and side ops, so grading is in.

Top Bottom