• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot impressions of Zelda - Wii U version was smoother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinh

Runs smoother?

Than the Wii U showing at E3? I'd believe that. I'm not surprised either, as I can't see Nintendo allowing a Zelda game going out with the studdering that showed up in the last E3 showing.

Smoother than switch (as he says)? I have a hard time believing that it'll end that way. They said that it was a prototype build they were playing.

@2:38 for people who want to skip right there

I'm getting the Wii U version anyways. It's why I bought the system. I refuse to not play Zelda on it (wait, did I word that right? Good enough)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
My personal opinion is that the Wii U E3 demo was a convenient slice from the game. None of the recent trailers and gameplay videos on both Wii U and Switch seems to match the smoothness and AA of that demo.

Maybe adding more life to the game hit the CPU limit.

I will wait till someone like Digital Foundry takes a look at it. But if true that the performance is equal to or better than the Switch minus not as graphical bump then the Switch is becoming less and less appealing.

seantos

Neo Member
This wouldn't surprise me consider it started as a wii u title and was a rushed port. Not saying that this isn't something that couldn't be patched/fixed eventually either, but it wouldn't be that shocking considering the differences in architecture.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Let's hold off on this. There are a lot of conflicting reports and no real evidence either way, so this thread is just going to be a bunch of people freaking out for several pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom