• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Aku

Note:

The risk of a trade ban is why you ALWAYS get trade in credit put on a gift card.

Never put it on the power up card.

I think I got trade banned and I've been putting it on a trade card, not my power up card. (not that I still have that anyway)

So for clarification of what happened earlier. bought 9 games from one store, went to trade into another and the guy told me that for some reason it wouldn't lets him trade these in. That I would have to call customer service. I figured I got trade banned, probably passed the $2000 limit or something. So I took the games to a different store, returned them. I had a good run so I'm not even upset.

ironmang

bump anyone?

Absolutely. If you don't mind having to invest some real money it's not that difficult. I went to 1 store, bought 9 games for 288, traded them in at a 2nd store for 430, bought 3 games from that store, and traded them in at a 3rd store for another 123. My method wasn't even the cleanest and I was in a rush and I still feel I made out great. Just buy a power up membership when you buy a bunch of used games in the first transaction. Worth it to just dump a couple hundred if you can afford it instead of buying like 3 games and doing a lot more leg work.

Nameless

Would you say this is worth the hassle if I don't have GCU, not a gamestop pro member, and have no games to trade in?

Depends what games you can find. I bought a bunch of PvZ2 from Wal-Mart and more than doubled my money on each which helped get me started. After you have enough GameStop credit to buy at least 4 games(and getting 2 more free) it's essentially free money.

I have my trade in credit on a gamestop gift card. Their system won't allow you to buy Amazon credit with a gamestop gift card.

Or are you saying there's a difference between gamestop trade in gift card and a standard gamestop gift card?

Correct. Trade credit won't let you but the gamestop gift card is because by law in most places a Gift Card = Cash. Take your "trade credit" buy a gift card and buy what you want.

Shady859

False information below!! SORRY same price both platforms they snuck in a bonus TIV coupon mid stacjk

Just got $51.75 for X1 versus $46.75 ps4 pvz2... Just a heads up in case you have option for 1 or other both show same price online.

(70% full bump)

sensui-tomo

Does the trade ban affect the account or the person's id? Like if I use my sister's account but trade in games through that. Sorry for the dumb questions.

Sorry if this has been answered a million times already, but can I trade two copies of the same game at one store? Or should I do separate stores?

Just got $51.75 for X1 versus $46.75 ps4 pvz2... Just a heads up in case you have option for 1 or other both show same price online.

(70% full bump)

i think this some other promo being added not related to pro card or 70%. I traded in an xb1 copy one night and got that same total of 51.75, it had some additional promo that bumped it by $5. The next morning i traded another XB1 copy and got the 46.75

(70% full bump)

You got $51.75 because they gave you the $5 coupon code bump and happened to put it on that game. The normal trade values are the same for both platforms.

Absolutely. If you don't mind having to invest some real money it's not that difficult. I went to 1 store, bought 9 games for 288, traded them in at a 2nd store for 430, bought 3 games from that store, and traded them in at a 3rd store for another 123. My method wasn't even the cleanest and I was in a rush and I still feel I made out great. Just buy a power up membership when you buy a bunch of used games in the first transaction. Worth it to just dump a couple hundred if you can afford it instead of buying like 3 games and doing a lot more leg work.

With no games, you'd have to spend $160 out of pocket to get going. I'd recommend spending the $15 the first time you visit the store, cause that first flip is gonna pay for it and some.

Yeah it sucks though cause BB next to me only has spiderman and need for speed...no gw2 or mordor

Had an hour to kill before stores closed so hit up my GameStop nearby and grabbed 9 games, all of the ones in that top flip infigraphic for DS were in stock so did those. 3 of them were "free". Brought them across the street to the other GameStop and the guy ringing them up was gushing about how amazing the value was for each one (all pretty much $42.50). So "spent" $220 in store credit at the first place and got $370 in credit trading them those same games. Decent way to kill an hour I guess :p

Ended this promotion with $680 on my card so I'm set to grab an Xbox One X this fall for the price of like $100 for some starter games I got at Walmart. Works for me!

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm actually trying to find some cheap games on craigslist, offerup etc first before seeing what I can find in store.

Anyway........
Any you guys with shit tons of credit looking to sell steam wallet cards on the super cheap?

What sort of discount you looking for? I might be down.

Hit $1000 in credit today. If the values hold up I'll try to make a little more tomorrow, but I'm pretty much done. Basically got a free Switch and X so I cant complain.

Ronin Ray

4 game stops a bunch of 3ds and two Wii u games later and I made about $490 in store credit and never spent a dime of my own money. Those 3ds games are gold . Thanks gaf and especially the guy with the Megaman Avatar who keeps posting the list sorry I don't know your name on top of my head

Zen Aku

Do the reward certificates expire?

Yes, you usually have about a couple of months to use it. You can see when it will expired before you redeem your points for it. I had one expired on me but Customer Service was nice enough to give it back to me. But I wouldnt count on that.

big youth

I'm up to about $450 in credit and am going to stop there... for today at least. Can they track all of our trades on their computers?

ended up finding multiple used Switch games to boomerang, and some interesting used Wii U games (Mario & Sonic Rio 2016), etc but the easiest to come across is 3DS games. check the loose cart case, I guarantee you will find lots of Pokemons, Smash Bros, Xenoblade, etc.

They've also been giving me the extra $5 every time.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Didn't even think of the B2G1 yesterday when I got $387 in credit which I got from a few old games I had and a couple purchases from Best Buy.

So today I didn't spend a dime and after 4 different stores almost doubled that to $752.
There was so much I didn't pick up either.

I'm assuming the $2k max is cumulative of everything traded in correct?

sensui-tomo

Does trade limit exceeded affect the ID or account? I can use my sister's account if that's doable or do I need them to actually do the trade?

Didn't even think of the B2G1 yesterday when I got $387 in credit which I got from a few old games I had and a couple purchases from Best Buy.

So today I didn't spend a dime and after 4 different stores almost doubled that to $752.
There was so much I didn't pick up either.

I'm assuming the $2k max is cumulative of everything traded in correct?

I don't really see why there would be a maximum when you can just ask them to put it on a new card.

What are the chances trade in values plummet tomorrow? All gamestops are closed so im trading games tomorrow morning.

Don't the online trade in values update at like midnight? You can then print out the value and I'm pretty sure they will have to honor it.

I don't really see why there would be a maximum when you can just ask them to put it on a new card.

Don't the online trade in values update at like midnight? You can then print out the value and I'm pretty sure they will have to honor it.

So what ever the prices are after midnight should hold up untill they open tomorrow? Hopefully they dont drop too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom