• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances trade in values plummet tomorrow? All gamestops are closed so im trading games tomorrow morning.

So what ever the prices are after midnight should hold up untill they open tomorrow? Hopefully they dont drop too much.

I'm not entirely sure, but surely they would, maybe? I was looking at prices at like 1 am last night and they said "this price expires at the end of business on July 2."

They said that yesterday as for July 1. And probably the day before that.

Yeah so what I'm thinking is that like maybe they don't update prices at midnight but more towards the morning. In that case you could try to print out the prices at midnight and bring them tomorrow and when they try to give you less say you have this paper.

I think? I read the fine print on the page and it doesn't really say anything about if the price is absolutely 100% locked in.

bodine1231

Holy shit I'm worn the fuck out. Started at 11am and just finished at 6pm. Grand total was $1974.81. I had a buddy ride with me to help me out and I bought him a used PS4 and 5 games for his time so I cleared $1650 for myself. Only put in about $130 from BB to start. The Switch and 3DS games are where the monyey at for sure. I wasted the whole day yesterday swapping PS4 and Xbox titles when I could have probably gotten twice as much for 3DS games.

I visited about 7 stores in total. Never got asked a question about it. In fact every reaction I got was super positive when they rang me up. I had 3 different $600 trade in totals,the biggest one was $850 and the guy gave me a high five,lol! The last place I went to the clerk was giving tips to some kids on how to flip the games to the other location down the road!

All in all a nice days work. I really really wish I would have just stuck to Switch and 3DS games but I can't complain. I'm set for a long ass time now.

I don't really see why there would be a maximum when you can just ask them to put it on a new card.

Don't the online trade in values update at like midnight? You can then print out the value and I'm pretty sure they will have to honor it.
It's tied to the PUR account not the card itself is what I understand.

BTM

So I hit up 5 Gamestops today since I had nothing better to do. At the last one, right when I walked in the dude at the counter got a phone call from a different gamestop I was at previously about how I was trading in a bunch of games. I explained what I was doing and he said he could lose his job over this. Actually kind of made me feel like a bandit lol

Overall I got up to $637 in credit though, which is pretty nice.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I don't really see why there would be a maximum when you can just ask them to put it on a new card.

Don't the online trade in values update at like midnight? You can then print out the value and I'm pretty sure they will have to honor it.

I'm talking about the overall trade in amounts being tracked per account. I'm sure the gift cards don't matter.

I'm sure I'm over $1000 in trade in when counting what I had to use to buy games.
I'll add it up later. If values stay ok tomorrow I may do more.

GOD DAMN
I hope I'm not too late to do this tomorrow.
I only had some time to trade in some of my own games and I got $145.
Please god lemme pay for my Switch tomorrow

So I hit up 5 Gamestops today since I had nothing better to do. At the last one, right when I walked in the dude at the counter got a phone call from a different gamestop I was at previously about how I was trading in a bunch of games. I explained what I was doing and he said he could lose his job over this. Actually kind of made me feel like a bandit lol

lol really? this whole thing isn't even employees fault

bigkrev

Ended up re-buying some of the things I traded in (Zelda Switch, Majoras Mask, OoT), got a digital copy of MK8 after trading in the cart, and got $50 in steam credit, and had to use $80 out of Pocket, but ended up netting $330 in 3ish hours over this weekend.

I'm guessing the values plummit tommorow (I'm guessing every copy of PvZ2 in existance is in a Gamestop right now), and the loss of B2G1 free makes the deal harder, but this should go down as the best sale Gamestop has ever done, and only below that famous Walmart error sale where people were getting Kayaks and the like for $15 and brand new releases for $8 as far as all-time sales go.

You were trading in games and buying used games and trading them in again. That is the -litteral- cycle of life. That employee is more likely to get a promotion than to be fired LOL

Dominator

About an hour and a halfs worth of time total spent on this, I now have over $1000 in trade credit.

I'm done as I'm content with that, but phew.

ironmang

GOD DAMN
I hope I'm not too late to do this tomorrow.
I only had some time to trade in some of my own games and I got $145.
Please god lemme pay for my Switch tomorrow

4.jpg

Please gamestop god hold the values and help me pay for a switch, x1x, and psvr.

Jalen

Neo Member
Question. Is the 2k limit for TOTAL trade ins, or net profit? Meaning, if I've traded in $1,911 worth of goods, and bought $1,700 back, am I at $1,911 or $211?

Darknight

Did one B2G1 flip at the last hour. I basically doubled the credit. Damn wish I did this more today.

Tomorrow they may tank the 3DS/Switch prices. Lets hope not. I want 2K in credit like everyone is doing.

I've got enough points to make Crash pre owned like $15 lol

Judging by the people getting pissed at Crash I expect it to be at GameStop by Wednesday :D

Shady859

Couple oddball prices below beside the standard flips. I only had 1 GS open being a Sunday evening so hopefully TIV hold and i'm going in deep tomorrow if they do. My stores show nice inventory on in house flips and a nice amount of pvz2 at walmart.

PS4 Puyo Tetris - $25.50 ($15 base)
360 GTA 4 Complete $17 ($10)
360 CoD MW3 $.85 ($.50)

+ spent $59 at Walmart for 2 copies of PVZ2 and 1 Amazing Spiderman 2 = a 1 year Powerup Pro membership + $165 in credit to play with. :)

big youth

didn't realize today was the last day of buy 2 get 1. had I known I might have spent some of that credit I worked for on actual games during the sale

How often does GS do the B2G1?

When do the values update for tomorrow? Going to try and get the games I want flip put on hold for in-store pickup tomorrow once the values change.

Darktalon

Gamestop.com trade in value pages are now saying 7/3/2017 for me, so lock your prices in, print em out and take it in tomorrow if you are worried about values tanking.

$3500 .. dafuq!! Damn, you went all in!!

How ?????? I salute you

yesterday i took $100 and went to best buy.
that plus a few of my own games turned into $1000.
Before bed i looked for used DS games and started cataloging who had games that trade in for $42.
at 11am today i went hunting and invited 2 of my friends. i gave them 6 3DS games each and after that we just hit every gamestop in our town.
i hit the cap unfortunately. one friend made it to $1000 and another stopped short of $600.

Congrats, went through all my receipts too.

got to pay it forward. plus trying for a $100 gift card never hurts.

Shady859

Did a thread search and didn't see it but Diablo 3 Ultimate edition is on sale for $19.99 brand new at GS and TIV is $29.75.

Ronin Ray

yesterday i took $100 and went to best buy.
that plus a few of my own games turned into $1000.
Before bed i looked for used DS games and started cataloging who had games that trade in for $42.
at 11am today i went hunting and invited 2 of my friends. i gave them 6 3DS games each and after that we just hit every gamestop in our town.
i hit the cap unfortunately. one friend made it to $1000 and another stopped short of $600.

got to pay it forward. plus trying for a $100 gift card never hurts.

I want to be your friend lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom