• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Too paralyzed to post anything this morning. Work was really shit today because of this announcement...

GameTrailers.com has always been my favorite gaming site. From the early critical days of Shane, Ryan and Marcus to the wonderful, thoughtful and I think most of all enthusiastic rag-tag weirdo bunch they've become this past year or so.
I most likely would have never played Killzone 2 (my favorite FPS), Dark Souls (my 10/10 game), the Yakuza series or the Resident Evil series if it hadn't been for you! So thank you very much for all your awesome shows, podcasts, one-offs, streams and E3s.
My life will never be the same without you :'(

GameTrailers Crew I love you all! <3

Farisr,

A request. I've been told Hubers REmake and RE2 full playthroughs exit as highlights in the deep twitch archive but the twitch app I use doesn't go that far back. Would it be possible to pull them to YouTube? I've been told the RE3 stream is gone.

Also if they exist getting the goldeneye and evil within streams would be great. They mention those but never saw them

I have the RE2, RE3 and The Evil Within streams (among others) on my hard drive. Not sure how the best way of sharing them would be..

Oh, I just remembered. I fucking pissed myself when Ben said, in that final stream, he just bought a $250 fight stick. What a fantastically ridiculous purchase that is looking now. Classic Ben.

Fuck. I'm really going to miss these guys.

Oh, I just remembered. I fucking pissed myself when Ben said, in that final stream, he just bought a $250 fight stick. What a fantastically ridiculous purchase that is looking now. Classic Ben.

Fuck. I'm really going to miss these guys.

Ben is going to use this time to train up and enter the SFV pro scene, no doubt.

I'm hoping that even if they don't all get back together in a working-capacity that they are able to stream together sometimes. Or if they could put out new episodes of Definitely Not GT Time in their free time, something like that would be amazing. Priority one for them has to be figuring out the job situation, though. This whole thing sucks.

Auctopus

Man, what a solid fucking stream to go out on.

Just those guys passing round a controller, playing and talking about video games.

You have the RE3 stream?! I thought that was lost forever, a nice little ray of sunshine after this rainy as fuck day

Happy to hear that
...my sky is still shrouded

Here's a list of the streams I have:

Pajama Party (not complete)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Shenmue II - The Epic Conclusion
The Evil Within (+ DLC)
Battle of the Bands
ICO
Shenmue II - The Dream is Real
Shovel Knight
Sky Odyssey
Super Mario Maker - Level Party
Yakuza 5

I just wish I had all the Shenmue streams. Even though a lot of them were "filler" I think they were the streams I enjoyed the most.

Edit:
Please, please share the RE3 stream, I missed it, only heard about it's legend!

I would love to share it but how would I go about doing that?

Yonafunu

I think someone might need to open a thread about all the archiving that's been going on since the news hit. There've been people downloading all the content from the Youtube pages too, so it'd be good to have one thread to discuss and gather all of that, I think.

UrbanRats

Happy to hear that
...my sky is still shrouded

Here's a list of the streams I have:

Pajama Party (not complete)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Shenmue II - The Epic Conclusion
The Evil Within (+ DLC)
Battle of the Bands
ICO
Shenmue II - The Dream is Real
Shovel Knight
Sky Odyssey
Super Mario Maker - Level Party
Yakuza 5

I just wish I had all the Shenmue streams. Even though a lot of them were "filler" I think they were the streams I enjoyed the most.

Edit:

I would love to share it but how would I go about doing that?

Upload on Youtube, or MEGA even better.
Dude i HAVE to see the RE2 and RE3 streams, i thought they were lost forever.

Just finished watching the final stream... Brandon choking up at the end there was rough, got me all teared up again ;_;

Thank you Brandon and Geoffrey for creating GameTrailers <3

Upload on Youtube, or MEGA even better.
Dude i HAVE to see the RE2 and RE3 streams, i thought they were lost forever.

I'll look into uploading it to MEGA tomorrow ca. 16:00 CET (10 AM EST | 7 AM PST).

btw: have they shared the codes for Dons SMM levels yet?

Tregard

Soothsayer
So bummed out it's not even funny, didn't expect it to hit me this hard. I didn't realise how little the games mattered until the people got taken away. I care more about the GameTrailers team than I care about games.

Myggen

So bummed out it's not even funny, didn't expect it to hit me this hard. I didn't realise how little the games mattered until the people got taken away. I care more about the GameTrailers team than I care about games.

I think it's like that with all personality driven entertainment. You care about the personalities more than anything else.

wiibomb

'I don't want to miss a thing'
not sure what version

thank you, it is oddly fitting in these moments

I realized how hard this things can hit when Satoru Iwata passed away.

in that moment I realized that people are the pillar of this gaming community and they are missed when they are gone.

Auctopus

The little exchange between Shu and Bosman is so sweet.

"@KyleBosman YOU were the comedic genius, though you already know that. It must be tough now, but things will soon get better for you :)"

NeonBlack

Oh shit, cool. I haven't listened to TB's show in a long time, what day of the week do those normally go up?

panel-12616386-image-1c65c039178637f0-320.png

This is exactly where I am. I'm basically the casual gamer asshole that Kyle mocks in one of the Final Bosman episodes ("oh, I wiiiiiish I could play video games, I wish I had the time for that,but I have so much more important things to do", one of my favorite episodes). I have little time, barely play anything (new) and I feel more and more like I've grown out of it. Still, I enjoy following the industry and what's happening there. But the crew at GT not only did a great job covering he industry, but the people there still make me care about video games. The more optimistic view on things also helped a lot, because who's hungry for great games after swallowing the weekly bitter Beer or Sterling pill.

I have the RE2, RE3 and The Evil Within streams (among others) on my hard drive. Not sure how the best way of sharing them would be..
Awesome. I'd love to see those. YouTube would be amazing but I'll take whatever you got

Man I really felt the loss today. I'm surprised in a way how much his hit me. I normally would boot up Huber hype on the way home. And I had time carved out to watch Ben stream unravel tonight :( It's 1up all over again. But instead of the slow erode it's a quick bandaid. Like Hubers analogy last night in the stream I don't know what's better

But I'll always be great full to the crew. Their E3 last year re-energized my love of gaming when it was at its lowest point. Now I play more games than ever and love it. Thanks GT!

sora87

So Brandon said when Blood's back they're gonna get together and talk about things.
There's a faint glimmer that some of them might do something together.
Let us praise the sun and hope for the best.

GameTrailersVO: @Theoats Thought about every possibility, but going to meet with the team soon and figure everything out then. Soon!

Brandon stopped in to the (still going) Twitch chat on their channel to say hi. Also dropped this nugget!

So Brandon said when Blood's back they're gonna get together and talk about things.
There's a faint glimmer that some of them might do something together.
Let us praise the sun and hope for the best.

If they do launch some independent venture, I hope it's called The Beauty Boys.

Kyle appeared just now on the Twitch chat:

HDCiver: How is everybody holding up, KyleBosman?
KyleBosman: @HDciver I think well? We're going to meet up soon. Whereas my natural tendency is to become depressed, Huber just seems motivated.

Glad to hear the team is keeping positive!

Auctopus

KyleBosman: @HDciver I think well? We're going to meet up soon. Whereas my natural tendency is to become depressed, Huber just seems motivated.

Huber has got that independent Kojima spirit!

Whilst I'm aware of the unrealstic ends of a Patreon for such a large group, I really hope we have the chance to help them fund something. I never go in for Kickstarters or Patreons but there's no way I wouldn't give what I could for these guys.

Dimefan3

This is such sad news, these guys made some great content.

My question is, how did it come to this, and why was there so little warning?

It really seems like Defy just bought GT with the full intention of shutting it down.

Hasney

This is such sad news, these guys made some great content.

My question is, how did it come to this, and why was there so little warning?

It really seems like Defy just bought GT with the full intention of shutting it down.

I said it in the other thread, but I think the buyout was done with the right intentions, it wouldn't be worth it to buy them and shut it down as I don't think just the brand would be worth the cost. These new media companies are great at giving brands with a large following the facilities to make their content better, but they're no good at growing brands and there seems to be a reluctance it putting resources in to grow them. It's organic or bust.

The way the closure was handled was bullshit though.

UrbanRats

Kyle appeared just now on the Twitch chat:

HDCiver: How is everybody holding up, KyleBosman?

I want to believe.

Gasmeter

Banned
Ya know what, it's the year of dreams in the gaming world, and we should believe.

This was disgusting, in how Defy conducted this, but we should still be hopeful they can continue on together, or at least the majority of them. If Huber is optimistic, then so am I. They all got along, and got eachother. Every one of them said it was their dream job in a way, so why wouldn't they want to keep that going.

I'm hopeful we will see them back together in the future. I am gonna stop being negative about this, and look forward to seeing what follows.

Hasney

Jones' Twitter handle needs changing but, other than that, top job. And thanks for creating this thread in the first place. It's been fun.

I'm still sad.

Good call, fixed.

And yeah, I checked YouTube first thing this morning for Huber Hype while I was getting ready for work before I remembered. Think the biggest bummer was someone from Remedy in the closure thread saying Huber had been there and he and Sam Lake had fun that we may never see.

Once again I'd like to mention how much I loved Kyle as Pervince's singing sword.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga7loCRrp5M&feature=youtu.be&t=45m57s

And yeah, I checked YouTube first thing this morning for Huber Hype while I was getting ready for work before I remembered. Think the biggest bummer was someone from Remedy in the closure thread saying Huber had been there and he and Sam Lake had fun that we may never see.

I would've loved to see that video, for fucks sake. It's really not only the stuff that might get deleted, but also videos that were in production and about to be released. Two episodes of Don's Design Lab, gone forever.

Top Bottom