• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Lucas Making Changes to Star Wars Saga... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
My favorite troll unboxing was that one where someone bought a copy of The Last Story at launch, and then cut the disc into pieces and mixed it with a bowl of kimchi. XD

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
scitek said:
Yeah, bullshit. I bet he took the discs out and just burned the packaging.
Maybe... but I've seen a billion of these "Youtuber destroys a new game".

$80 isn't that much for some people... especially the type who "just want to watch the world burn" /Caine

jaxword

Few more behind the scene shots:

ojedxc.jpg

xnwyz8.jpg

2ykffja.jpg

28gqff4.jpg

2dgmdxe.jpg

1zdq7bq.jpg

Hands up if you believed it til this point.

RPGCrazied

The only change that I didn't like was the new dragon call Obi does. The new "nooo" from vader does sound out of place. They should've just kept the last nooo, the first one didn't sound right. Who gives a fuck about Ewokes having eyelids? That change is pretty small in my eyes.

Oh well. Plan on getting this for Christmas.

KevinCow

Banned
Is it just me, or is AotC amazingly forgettable? Quality aside, PM and RotS are still filled with memorale scenes and characters. But Clones? The climax, Obi-Wan vs. Jango, and SAND. That's pretty much all I remember of it.

Snaku

Banned
KevinCow said:
Is it just me, or is AotC amazingly forgettable? Quality aside, PM and RotS are still filled with memorale scenes and characters. But Clones? The climax, Obi-Wan vs. Jango, and SAND. That's pretty much all I remember of it.

Kamino was pretty cool looking.

KevinCow said:
Obi-Wan vs. Jango is more than just something that happened. IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME.

And the Padme assassination stuff in the beginning was fun too.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
KevinCow said:
It showed some jedis dying by laser blast and an awful Yoda fight scene.

KevinCow said:

I agree, but I do always think of Obi-Wan on Genosis. I thought that was a cool sequence.

KevinCow

Banned
By climax I mean pretty much the whole last 30-45 minutes. Factory, beast pit, all out Jedi and clones vs. droids and aliens, and the Dooku fight. That was all pretty memorable. But the rest was just... there.

The other movies had equally packed climaxes, except stuff actually happened before then too.

Mr. Sam

After much umming and ahhing, I finally decided to pick up the original trilogy on BD. While I certainly sympathise with fans who want the theatrical cut, Star Wars is something I feel passed me by. I was born in 1992. I feel more attached to the prequel trilogy, which I consider wholly abysmal, than the original trilogy; this is something I'm desperate to amend. I'm a huge fan of cinema and would count Star Wars with the likes of, if not above, Citizen Kane and Psycho in terms of historical importance. It's something that has profoundly impacted pop culture.

It's time I sat down and watched the trilogy in its entirety. Considering I've never owned the original trilogy in any form and am very much anti-piracy, these BDs are pretty much my only choice. Though I'm not much of an A/V nerd, I'm enough of one to want to stay away from the cuts on the 2006 DVDs. So, sometime this week, I'll be sitting down, getting a cold Coca Cola and watching the entire original trilogy from front to back. There might be huge scuffs on the paintwork, like some cowboy trying to repair the face on the Mona Lisa, but I reckon it'll still be a considerable work of art. If not, hey, it's still something to watch.

Mr. Sam

agrajag said:
The factory scene looked like it was straight out of a video game.

I think someone earlier in the thread said it was designed so it could easily be ported into a videogame. Could well have just been a joke, mind you.

mrklaw said:
This isn't a star wars complaint - its a complaint about almost all race scenes in any movie ever. They nearly always involve the hero having a technical problem, falling massively behind, but then at the last moment regaining all the lost ground and winning. They also do stupid things like 'show person chnaging gear and pushing the gas hard'. What, they weren't pushing the gas hard before? They suddenly shoot in front, so why didn't the other driver think of that?

and how can someone come from so far behind, drive past almost everyone in the field within the space of 10 seconds, but then oddly end up neck and neck with the leader, seemingly held back from his immense progress by some odd force field.

I hate almost all race scenes in movies, they're all shit and pointless.
fuck you, speed racer is awesome.

Anth0ny

KevinCow said:

I remember Christopher Lee fighting Yoda with lightsabers. and yoda was flipping and shit. that's about it.

I don't remember anything from TPM. I remember stuff from Sith, but it's still really bad.

Anth0ny said:
I remember Christopher Lee fighting Yoda with lightsabers. and yoda was flipping and shit. that's about it.

I don't remember anything from TPM. I remember stuff from Sith, but it's still really bad.
My memory of TMP is everything looking like it was made from marzipan.

Sapiens

Mr. Sam said:
I think someone earlier in the thread said it was designed so it could easily be ported into a videogame. Could well have just been a joke, mind you.
It was also an afterthought. I recall on one of the behind the scenes features, George talks about how it was filmed after principle fotog had been done.

Seems like more of a "look what we can do with my toys" kind of thing.

JB1981

Mr. Sam said:
After much umming and ahhing, I finally decided to pick up the original trilogy on BD. While I certainly sympathise with fans who want the theatrical cut, Star Wars is something I feel passed me by. I was born in 1992. I feel more attached to the prequel trilogy, which I consider wholly abysmal, than the original trilogy; this is something I'm desperate to amend. I'm a huge fan of cinema and would count Star Wars with the likes of, if not above, Citizen Kane and Psycho in terms of historical importance. It's something that has profoundly impacted pop culture.

It's time I sat down and watched the trilogy in its entirety. Considering I've never owned the original trilogy in any form and am very much anti-piracy, these BDs are pretty much my only choice. Though I'm not much of an A/V nerd, I'm enough of one to want to stay away from the cuts on the 2006 DVDs. So, sometime this week, I'll be sitting down, getting a cold Coca Cola and watching the entire original trilogy from front to back. There might be huge scuffs on the paintwork, like some cowboy trying to repair the face on the Mona Lisa, but I reckon it'll still be a considerable work of art. If not, hey, it's still something to watch.

how are you going to watch them, I, II, III, IV, V, VI? Or the PROPER way IV, V, VI, I II III?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
KevinCow said:

AOTC had lots of memorable stuff. Primarily First sight of clones (and therefore foreshadowing stormtroopers), Yoda commanding clones (fuck Yoda, they're going to be the empire soon, be careful! oh he can't hear us..), Proto empire vehicles in the hands of the Jedi (star destroyer, AT-AT etc). But also the bonus of Padme looking bloody hot in a backless dress and white jumpsuit.

Can't remember much memorable about PM at all really..

Finally got my box set today. Watching Episode IV right now. VERY impressed with the sound and the visuals. So many details are visible now. C3PO and R2 look so beat up! LOL!

SketchTheArtist said:
I had hoped they would mention the BLADE RUNNER FINAL CUT. You have the workprint version, the terrible theatrical version, the director's cut AND the final cut. You please EVERYONE with this set. So why can Blade Runner (an important movie, not as much as the Star Wars trilogy) has that and not this. o_O
Cus' Scott is on a whole diffident level from Lucas.
WB fucked him around for decades with BR and he still worked his ass off making FC so good.

NekoFever

SketchTheArtist said:
I had hoped they would mention the BLADE RUNNER FINAL CUT. You have the workprint version, the terrible theatrical version, the director's cut AND the final cut. You please EVERYONE with this set. So why can Blade Runner (an important movie, not as much as the Star Wars trilogy) has that and not this. o_O
Plus a good remaster and all the dodgy effects fixed without introducing new errors.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Chinner said:
blade runner may not be as 'important' as star wars, but it is a better film.

Blade Runner has less impact on popular culture, but it def is the better film.

BTW, is it a coincidence that Harrison Ford is a lead in three of best films(-series) of the 80s?

neorej said:
Blade Runner has less impact on popular culture, but it def is the better film.

BTW, is it a coincidence that Harrison Ford is a lead in three of best films(-series) of the 80s?
In a way it is, Lucas liked him so after American Graffiti had him on line reading for auditions (Ford would read the lines so the actors could play off it) unable to fill the role of Han he asked Ford to do it, and when Indy came along Ford was the go to guy.

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
In a way it is, Lucas liked him so after American Graffiti had him on line reading for auditions (Ford would read the lines so the actors could play off it) unable to fill the role of Han he asked Ford to do it, and when Indy came along Ford was the go to guy.

Actually, when Indy came along Tom Selleck was the go to guy, but he got tied up with Magnum P.I. and so Ford was the second choice.

Tom Selleck Screen Test for Indiana Jones

edit: Beaten by a minute!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Well it looked like that boycott of Star Wars worked!

And by worked I mean it was always going to fail miserably. Not that anyone expected otherwise, nor was that the point I guess. :p

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/star-wars-complete-saga-on-blu-ray-breaks-global-sales-records/

‘Star Wars: Complete Saga’ On Blu-Ray Breaks Global Sales Records

Looks like that boycott by hardcaore fans didn’t amount to much. Nor were buyers perturbed by some very controversial changes in the 9-disc Blu-ray release of Star Wars: The Complete Saga with 40 hours of extras. Instead, the Complete Saga on Blu-ray release broke global sales records with 1 million units sold and $84 million filling cash registers. It quickly becomes the #1 pre-order and #1 catalog title since the launch of the high-definition format. Needless to say, Lucasfilm Ltd and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment are high-fiving today’s announcement that Star Wars is the bestselling catalog Blu-ray Disc of all time, including 515,000 units sold in North America in its first week alone. This worldwide consumer spend included $38 million in North America – unprecedented for a 9-disc Blu-ray collection at a premium price.

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:

To take this even further, Lucas didn't even want Ford to play Indy. It was Spielberg who thought it he was the best choice after seeing Empire. Lucas said he preferred to work with someone that the hadn't worked with in the past.

Now, it's hard to think of anyone, including Sellick, playing Indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom