• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI: Disney Infinity 3.0 (Avalanche/Ninja Theory/Sumo/Gobo/United Front, Star Wars)

They just tweeted it a couple minutes ago. Features star wars along side new Marvel (hulk buster Iron man) and Disney (normal mickey) figures
https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/595619935839215616
266-cover-reveal-spread.jpg
There's a video interview with the developers with shots of the figures in the article, if you guys are interested.
Here's a youtube link from GameInformer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnU4CTCa3Dc

Game Informer said:
Star Wars fandom is often divided between the two trilogies, and Disney Infinity 3.0 is catering to both audiences. Avalanche returns at the head of development while recruiting other studios to work on specific packs and systems. Ninja Theory’s (Devil May Cry, Heavenly Sword) pack-in playset, Twilight of the Republic, follows Anakin and Ahsoka as they fight to uncover who’s behind a freshly minted droid army. The story is set after Star Wars: Episode II, and it features land and space battles with plenty of melee combat. Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Darth Maul can enter the fray, too, as separately sold figures. Studio Gobo’s (Disney Infinity's Pirates of the Caribbean playset) Rise Against the Empire is a highlight reel of sorts that follows the events of the classic trilogy.

Ninja Theory has retuned melee combat, adjusting the timing and adding depth for advanced players. After all, you want to feel powerful when you’re wielding a light saber. Sumo Digital (Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing) has taken Infinity’s driving gameplay to the shop, tweaking the handling and drifting to provide a smoother experience.

Another Star Wars playset is coming this winter based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. There are also sets based on Pixar’s Inside Out – with figures based on Joy, Disgust, Anger, Fear, and Sadness – and one from United Front Games (Sleeping Dogs) focused on Marvel characters including Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ultron, and more.

Disney Infinity 3.0 is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, iOS, and Android this fall.
Trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWnA-yXUmJI

Unicorn

So what do the 2.0 and 3.0 mean? What does it mean for people that bought previous games or merchanidse?

mclem

Interesting to see classic SW characters rendered in Clone Wars style.

Wonder if they'll have two Obi-Wans.

Tizoc

Can I just say that Princess Leia's hair is the most ridiculous fictional hairstyle ever?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Disney Infinity 3.0 isn’t just tossing in a wookiee and a few new playsets and calling it a day, either. Avalanche has reexamined fundamental parts of its core game and is working with best-in-class developers to ensure that Infinity is as good as it can be. Ninja Theory has retuned melee combat, adjusting the timing and adding depth for advanced players. After all, you want to feel powerful when you’re wielding a light saber. Sumo Digital (Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing) has taken Infinity’s driving gameplay to the shop, tweaking the handling and drifting to provide a smoother experience. That’s key, considering one of the new Toy Box games is a kart racer. Those tweaks carry over into the Toy Box, which means legacy characters like Hulk and Mr. Incredible benefit as well.

DJ_Lae

They'll make a ton of money and the game won't even have to be that good.

Which is a shame, because there's so much potential there. Yet with 2.0 they managed to churn out a bigger turd than the first game, completely removing any variety it might have otherwise had in the singleplayer campaign. It's bland and no fun to play, like the Incredibles toybox in the first game.

I'm hoping Star Wars is done a little more justice, but who knows.

edit - the car handling is good news, at least, as vehicles in the game have always handled like twitchy shit.

curb

Banned
In day one for the Ahsoka figure. Now we just need a Captain Marvel and I'll be happy.

I wondered if we'd see Ultron related content.

mreddie

Sounds like they're getting playset heavy again. I just hope they're not repetitive as hell. Guardians was the only set that was enjoyable.

And I give no fucks about the Star Wars line aside from Vader, Chewy and Maul.

Two Words

Are the Infinity games even fun. I feel like everything I've seen with Infinity and Skylanders show really mediocre 3D action platforming stuff. Is there an appeal to the game outside of the characters?

slowpantz

Neo Member
I thought 2.0 was a big improvement over 1.0, but the playsets and story mode areas were so repetitive and empty. Hopefully those get a big bunch of loving for 3.0.

LAA

Looking at this, I hope KH3 goes for the more realistic style of Star Wars instead. Can deal with it either way, but the real style looks more appealing to me.

sam777

I better not have to by a base again since I got 2.0 on my XB1. Hopefully the combat will be better than 2.0.

Top Bottom