• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI: Disney Infinity 3.0 (Avalanche/Ninja Theory/Sumo/Gobo/United Front, Star Wars)

phen0m24

My kids got bored really quickly with 2.0, even with Marvel. Hopefully 3.0 will offer the gameplay improvements they're talking about and make the game more fun.

should have bought them Trap Team

Bizzquik

Ugh. ....I guess last month's Deus Ex reveal spoiled me. ...I was hoping for real (hardcore) video game news.

If they're gonna talk Star Wars, I at least hope there's a large section devoted to Battlefront.

curb

Banned
And another Marvel play set too!

I just pray there's more content per playset even though we're getting more of them.

I'm assuming it's an Ultron playset which I'm good with. I didn't touch the original so I can't speak to the jump from 1.0 to 2.0 but it seems to me as though you can see the effects of a 1 year dev cycle. I hope the gameplay improvements are worthwhile and as you say, add more content to the playsets. I enjoyed the Marvel ones but that's not to say they aren't lacking.

jaina

I love that the video shows the Leia model designer using an image of the TF2 sniper as one of the visual references.

DJ_Lae

My kids got bored really quickly with 2.0, even with Marvel. Hopefully 3.0 will offer the gameplay improvements they're talking about and make the game more fun.

I completely regret my own 2.0 purchase. My daughter still plays a ton of Swap Force, and Trap Team, but when it comes to Disney Infinity she prefers the first (even for the toy box mode).

Trap Team was pretty mediocre especially after the great Swap Force

anyways 3.0 needs more then just good combat/racing to make for the whatever the fuck they were doing with 2.0

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone know what time the Toy Box TV goes up usually? Might be some new footage or sneak peeks at figures somewhere.

I'm assuming it's an Ultron playset which I'm good with. I didn't touch the original so I can't speak to the jump from 1.0 to 2.0 but it seems to me as though you can see the effects of a 1 year dev cycle. I hope the gameplay improvements are worthwhile and as you say, add more content to the playsets. I enjoyed the Marvel ones but that's not to say they aren't lacking.
I'm in the same boat as you.

those are some really great studios doing Disney Infinity map packs. They've basically Call of Duty'd Disney Infinity. At least they can work on other things, too.

Ridley327

Given the amount of studios helping out on this one (and overseas studios, at that), this sounds like a make-it-or-break-it moment for the series as a whole.

phen0m24

Trap Team was pretty mediocre especially after the great Swap Force

anyways 3.0 needs more then just good combat/racing to make for the whatever the fuck they were doing with 2.0

actually glad to read this as I bought 2.0 in lieu of Trap Team. My kids still play Swap Force.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I am in.

The family already has 2.0 for the Wii U. I'll be all in on the 3.0 version!

PS: Trap Team is the best Skylanders game to date.

curb

Banned
Given the amount of studios helping out on this one (and overseas studios, at that), this sounds like a make-it-or-break-it moment for the series as a whole.

The last one had a lot of studios working on it too. It was the 15th best selling console game last year according to the ESA/NPD. I'm sure the property will be fine.

Neoxon

Is Hulkbuster Iron Man a separate figure or a Power Disc upgrade for Iron Man? Either way, the Hulkbuster, Ultron, & the Star Wars figures (both OT & Clone Wars) look sick.

Just announce Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch and I'm sold.

Neoxon

So looks like at least one more playset than the last version?
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Inside Out
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Mystery Disney Playset

I'm pretty sure we're getting another Star Wars playset as well, though if it's Force Awakens or Rebels remains to be seen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is Hulkbuster Iron Man a separate figure or a Power Disc upgrade for Iron Man? Either way, the Hulkbuster, Ultron, & the Star Wars figures (both OT & Clone Wars) look sick.

Just announce Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch and I'm sold.
Looks like they were printing a figure of it, so prob a figure.

robotrock

Banned
starwarsninjaa7u6n.jpg

Fantastic.

mantis23

Biggest news out of that article is that power discs will no longer be in blind bags. Thats a welcome improvement.

I'm also very surprised at the fact we get FIVE playsets this time around.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
]Biggest news out of that article is that power discs will no longer be in blind bags. Thats a welcome improvement.[/B]

I'm also very surprised at the fact we get FIVE playsets this time around.

This poster knows what is up!

Fuck blind bags just to get my Gravity Falls ffs

curb

Banned
- Inside Out
- Mystery Disney Playset

I'm pretty sure we're getting another Star Wars playset as well, though if it's Force Awakens or Rebels remains to be seen.

Force Awakens is confirmed for winter in the GI cover reveal article on their site.

mantis23

- Inside Out
- Mystery Disney Playset

Three Star Wars playsets (PT Era, OT Era, Force Awakens)
One Marvel Playset (Ultron)
Inside Out

Disney Infinity 2.0 was a disappointment, but one featuring Star Wars has been on my want-list since Disney acquired the property.

I'm not so sure about the cartoony, TV show look, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. It's also good to hear there'll be more than one boring playset this time around.

Top Bottom