• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
Ohhh, I got confused with their naming conventions.

I liked x com 2 well enough. It just lacked some of the freshness of the first

Curufinwe

Although isn't the new x-com expansion out this month? Why not wait for the new shit?

Seems like it's not even Xcom 2.

Maybe they thought that it would be too hard. That's why I skipped it even though I loved EU and EW on the 360, and even played thru EU agat m when it was on PS+.

Zaph

nSKfmxQ.png

2954770-cp_excorps_ep01_07242017.00_00_06_55.still001.jpg
Perfect.

During the Overland Unfinished, Abby seemed fairly new to turn based strategy games, so no better place to start than the utter fuckery of xcom.

This is gonna be great.

Tubobutts

I assume they're going to name the squad members after themselves and Abby will place bets on who survives the longest.

And then Dan eats a hat.

I assume they're going to name the squad members after themselves and Abby will place bets on who survives the longest.

And then Dan eats a hat.

It'll be a drinking game. Every time one of Abby's crew misses a shot Dan drinks ranch soda. Every time someone panics, Alex drinks a whole bottle.

Off topic question I've been pondering, where is the line blurred when it comes to reselling things? Take the nes classic, you resell that thing and you're a scapler. Everyone hates scaplers. Take an actual original nes with the original packaging and all; It sells for a pretty penny on eBay as well, but people don't get upset at those selling that item. Is it because it's a collectors item now? If so then when does something like the nes classic become one? If you know an item is going to be an instant classic why is it frowned upon when it's resold for higher then retail value? Especially if it's hard to find?

Or am I not understanding what the term scapler means? Is that more so for people who try to buy multiples just for the sake of profit?

BearPawB

Banned
X-com can be really frustrating if you fuck up getting satellites up in time

Or am I not understanding what the term scapler means? Is that more so for people who try to buy multiples just for the sake of profit?

scalpers are people who buy things they don't want just so they can sell it at a crazy high price

If you bought an NES Classic and then decided you didn't like it/want it. I wouldn't call you a scalper, even if you sold it above MSRP. Because you legit wanted it as a collectible or whatever. You didn't buy 12 just to flip for $500 a piece

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Off topic question I've been pondering, where is the line blurred when it comes to reselling things? Take the nes classic, you resell that thing and you're a scapler. Everyone hates scaplers. Take an actual original nes with the original packaging and all; It sells for a pretty penny on eBay as well, but people don't get upset at those selling that item. Is it because it's a collectors item now? If so then when does something like the nes classic become one? If you know an item is going to be an instant classic why is it frowned upon when it's resold for higher then retail value? Especially if it's hard to find?

You got it right at the end.

Also who cares, just sell your stuff if you want lol.

Maybe Kingdom Heartache was a goof and they realized that was a bad idea so they decided to do it after all? However Brad said he wasn't down for 25 hours JRPG and bowed out, so Ben had to rethink things. Ben convinced Abbey for some #Millenial content and they decided to do a cross coast thing. Unfortunately the cross coast setup broke, and they had to delay the whole thing.

I'm basically writing fanfic at this point.

Jy6snQs.gif

9oZ0X3L.gif

Ketch

Wtf happened to breaking Brad?

That segment on the end is nigh quick look with Ben & Jeff going in a tangent while Brad died repeatedly was great. Just do that some more.

drabnon

I'm feeling a bit more vindictive about GBW because of Ben trolling us, so I'm going to resubmit

"Giant Bomb |OT31| East beats West" for contention.

Ashby

Wtf happened to breaking Brad?

That segment on the end is nigh quick look with Ben & Jeff going in a tangent while Brad died repeatedly was great. Just do that some more.

Wtf happened to any Brad or Jeff-lead content that isn't UPF or the occasional Jar Time? Ben is honestly not the issue. He's a kid and he's clearly trying but can you blame him if he's not taking off like Abby when his supporting cast just doesn't seem to be into it? I cannot comprehend why we're not getting new (or even *old*) series from Brad or Jeff.

Zeroro

Based on Austin's tweet, it doesn't seem like it's just gonna be a standard playthrough. Excited to see that unique GBeast spin, even if I don't particularly care for X-COM.

I try to get to as many Orioles (MLB) games as I can every year. At the one I'm going to this year (in two weeks), they're giving away this awesome miniature replica of the ballpark to every fan:

BxkqYuG.png

Wtf happened to any Brad or Jeff-lead content that isn't UPF or the occasional Jar Time? Ben is honestly not the issue. He's a kid and he's clearly trying but can you blame him if he's not taking off like Abby when his supporting cast just doesn't seem to be into it? I cannot comprehend why we're not getting new (or even *old*) series from Brad or Jeff.

Yeah. I can feel Ben has a bunch of ideas. Like I mentioned before, i feel that it's Brad and Jeff that aren't just as into that sort of stuff? Like even Ranking of Fighters which was a Jeff led join died out. Brad in the other hand has never been one for leading premium content on a consistent basis.

Ben is trying. He's trying alot. Kudos to you ben~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom