• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Launches Early 2018 (PS4)

Uhh every Uncharted game is T

But yeah it's definitely going to be M. Kratos is carrying around a human head on his hip and smashes that viking Orc's head in complete with red blood splash.
Really? Weird, never paid that much attention but could have sworn that the trailers for the last one started with the rated M for Mature guy.

Snapped a few images.

fRl2ujn_d.webp

Nd33SdW_d.webp

3wuJPfQ_d.webp

hDaAmfx_d.webp

TcZli5h_d.webp

OkVnPdw_d.webp

bvdYxiz_d.webp

ih7j5Zf_d.webp

4mxkFaG_d.webp

wA2NLM6_d.webp

PQ5Kl2d_d.webp

1giQorP_d.webp

Not the best quality because apparently I dont know how to use imgur on mobile anymore but eh.

Look at all that smoke and mirrors. Cory can't keep getting away with this.
I bet they're just gonna release a long ass video with no playable code early nest year. Not cool.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I hope Thor gets the Hercules treatment from GOW3 in this.

as in you get to punch his brains out.

Darknight

Wait, so Shogmaster was full of shit?

Why would you believe him? He was full of shit. For shame some fell for the "oh the E3 16 reveal was a concept video to get a feel of the people - since they got positive feedback, they decided then and there to make it that way and would take more years to finish."

He then backtracked and say to watch E3, all would be proven. That GAF aint "chill" like him. Fuck that noise homey. At least he made a pledge to purge himself from Gaming side.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
My second favorite thing in the conference, after SotC. Looks like a good change for the series.

Cant wait to see more weapons. At least I hope there is a decent amount of variety. I'm assuming it will follow the same kinda shit as the other games and when you kill a god you get some kind of weapon or power from them. Like, if I dont get to murk people with Thors hammer I will be pretty upset.

Cant wait to see more weapons. At least I hope there is a decent amount of variety. I'm assuming it will follow the same kinda shit as the other games and when you kill a god you get some kind of weapon or power from them. Like, if I dont get to murk people with Thors hammer I will be pretty upset.
I think we'll get plenty abilities and weapons and maybe the Blades of Chaos. Geoff asked Cory about if we'll be able to throw enemies up in the air with chains and he said something along the lines of "I can't say anything, let's focus on this trailer".

This game since announce has been described as "we told the history of Hulk, now it's time to show the Bruce Banner side" which it's really cool...but we all know that somewhere in the game the kid will be in great danger and Kratos will unleash the beast. And in consequence, his son will be afraid of him. Oh man I got goosebumps.

I think we'll get plenty abilities and weapons and maybe the Blades of Chaos. Geoff asked Cory about if we'll be able to throw enemies up in the air with chains and he said something along the lines of "I can't say anything, let's focus on this trailer".

This game since announce has been described as "we told the history of Hulk, now it's time to show the Bruce Banner side" which it's really cool...but we all know that somewhere in the game the kid will be in great danger and Kratos will unleash the beast. And in consequence, his son will be afraid of him. Oh man I got goosebumps.
Oh no doubt. He was saying the game spans a big timeline so I am assuming that your kid eventually grows up. Maybe even turns against you. Lol who knows. Im excited as all all though.

Combat looks so fun. It's still fast paced and combo heavy, you still have your wide area attack for crowd control, it flows between moves fluidly. It's like watching fighting game combo in 3rd person action perspective. It even has assist from the boy keeping enemies in air.

Havent been excited about action game for a while.

I am a big GoW fan, platinumed all of the games except Ascension, which is the only one I haven't played yet. Yet, this game does nothing for me. I think it's the formula change and chasing TLOU with the kid sidekick. I'll keep an eye out for it though, but I'm not feeling it right now.

I am a big GoW fan, platinumed all of the games except Ascension, which is the only one I haven't played yet. Yet, this game does nothing for me. I think it's the formula change and chasing TLOU with the kid sidekick. I'll keep an eye out for it though, but I'm not feeling it right now.

I'm the opposite. Played the trilogy and thought they were good, but nothing special. This on the other hand, is looking like it'll be the best one yet.

Elfstruck

So if TLOU didn't exist, what would you compare it to?

Hey guys

A reliable source told me they are just doing a proof of concept on PS4 standard before moving it to PS4 Pro

You don't have to believe me but you'll see in time

Not even on a Pro and looks like that...on base. Damn, Sony engines work wonders for their system. It's a shame third parties haven't quiet figured out how to do that as well.

VanWinkle

You know what I loved? It looked more mature thematically but it doesn't look like the kind of game that's going to continue on (at least, as much) with pushing super mature content. I could end up being off about that; who knows for sure. But it just looks like they aren't going for that kind of thing. Yeah, it's 99% going to be rated M, for violence if nothing else, but I don't know. It just kind of makes me happy.

Top Bottom