• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Launches Early 2018 (PS4)

gowps4_screen_huldrabuouo9.jpg

gowps4_screen_peak_si0yu4c.jpg
Yondu?

VanWinkle

I honestly think there is as big of a graphical leap between 3 and this as there was between 2 and 3. It's just INSANE how good this looks.

The voice of the mother/caretaker lady says in the trailer something like "the gods of these realms dont take kindly to outsiders, when they find you, and they will, they will make things difficult"

So you got to kind of assume that the gods will be trying to kill you. And Tyr is the norse god of war and he is boys with Odin. I think its a safe assumption that Odin and gang will be the antagonists of this game. And with Jörmungandr saying he wants to help you and both Jörmungandr and Fenrir being brothers and sons of Loki, that you end up being on that side of the war for at least part of the game.

I dont think Kratos is just out to kill gods in this game just for the sake of vengence but I do think its possible that instead of blind vengence, it will be because he would do anything to protect his kid. So love is his motivation this time around instead of hate.
Yeah I could see that happening in the first half of the game, but I am curious how they proceed after that.

Like the fact that the kid says that there also friends out there right before Jormung shows up almost assuredly means that Kratos is going to end up double crossed eventually, especially considering Loki's trickster nature.

I don't see them having Kratos go on a rampage like in 3 and I doubt they are going to kill off his son considering everything that happened to him so far. If this isn't going to be a new trilogy then I wouldn't be surprised to see Kratos die by the end of the game.

game looks amazing, but it looks really boring to play. seems lke it has stupid arkham style combat. I don't know. I'll wait til I see non-scripted gameplay. The story doesn't resonate with me, so it's nothing to me.

Simo

game looks amazing, but it looks really boring to play. seems lke it has stupid arkham style combat. I don't know. I'll wait til I see non-scripted gameplay. The story doesn't resonate with me, so it's nothing to me.

Uh I take it you've never played a God of War game before? lol

cheesekao

Today I learned that if a game has soft lock on, it's an arkham clone.

/s

maks

Kratos' boy is a pussy. His lines are cringy and the voice acting at many times sounds like he is reading off a script.

Really not feeling those parts lol.

Kratos' boy is a pussy. His lines are cringy and the voice acting at many times sounds like he is reading off a script.

You should tell the small child actor this to his face and steal his lunch money afterwards.

Amazing how many people know norse mythology. Aside from Thor, Odin and Loki....people in here like...I hope hjlmarjirjir, friknijnaritn and oljermatjrufkt are in this game lol

Funny, from the little there was I actually thought it was fine. Better than I expected, at least.

Yeah I could see that happening in the first half of the game, but I am curious how they proceed after that.

Like the fact that the kid says that there also friends out there right before Jormung shows up almost assuredly means that Kratos is going to end up double crossed eventually, especially considering Loki's trickster nature.

I don't see them having Kratos go on a rampage like in 3 and I doubt they are going to kill off his son considering everything that happened to him so far. If this isn't going to be a new trilogy then I wouldn't be surprised to see Kratos die by the end of the game.
Man. I cant wait to see what they do with this mythos. It can go in so many directions. In the greek mythos, it was kind of just Kratos vs every God but I can see some cool fuckery being had with Loki being the trickster he is and the bad blood between the gods. Who ends up on whos side in all this will be cool to see play out.

Two Words

"Small Boy Who Fights Mythical Creatures Called 'pussy' by Online Forum Dweller"

LuuKyK

These high resolution screenshots... good lord.

The boxart is kind of lame though. Also there is something off about the kid's face in it, he looks extra chubby I think. lol

Two Words

They should make a twist where a QTE sequence is executed to make Kratos stop himself from killing somebody that he really wants to kill but shouldn't.

Floody

Arkham? Really? If anything looks kinda like Souls combat, but were long combos are actually viable due to no stamina meter.

Anybody described this as Dark Soul of God of War yet?

I've got it fam!

Elixist

shit looks hot yo. combat looks great, hopefully theres some good challenge in there too. the dark souls snake looked incredible :p

Uh I take it you've never played a God of War game before? lol

Nah I have a little bit when the first or 2nd one came out. I think it was a bit more hack and slash, this seems like Horizon or Arkham melee combat.

This is Scripted combat??

AC09Y8J.gif

tAVgiDx.gif

I mean look at that axe Combo!!

Scripted as in trailer combat. I wanna see someone actually play it, I meant. I don't doubt thats the real combat, I just want to see it in real time.

Was that a massive giant in the snow or a statue?
Giants in Norse mythology are called Jötunn and one of the 9 worlds in the mythos is called Jötunheimr where the giants live. So I am guessing that is where Kratos is in that screen.

Hopefully we get to see all 9 worlds.

Top Bottom