• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GQ: "Dwayne Johnson for President!"

Zubz

Banned
He's a great, smart, dedicated, & hardworking guy, so he's better than anyone the GOP picked... For any election I was alive for. But he is conservative IIRC. I cannot bring myself to trust a single Republican, & don't want this to tarnish my view of the Rock.

We'll probably see a wave of celebrity candidates for the next several elections, though, so I can see him running.

jstripes

Banned
Why would he do this though? When you run for president, everyone will comb through your life bringing out every little dumb shit you did or said in the sun, it sounds like a major pain in the ass that could ruin your image, especially if they make you look like an idiot when it comes to various socio/political issues.
And in the end if you lose, you just look like another clown, if you win, you actually have to run the country, which itself is probably soul crushing and stressful.

Just why would you do this, if youre already at the top of stardom?

7Y48hh8.jpg

Osukaa

He has my vote already LOL Yo Can we Get Yokozuna as the Ambassador of Japan, William Regal as the Ambassador to England, Bret Hart as Ambassador of Canada and just to get them back can we get the god damn Bushwackers as the Ambassador's of good ole New Zealand !!

Feel free to add to my list Gaf.

BTW when The Rock becomes President, all disagreements between the Dems and GOP shall be settled Royal Rumble Style. Pay per view and all proceeds go to infrastructure repairs.

Acorn

Inauguration

President Rocky lifts the microphone to perform his signature greeting to the crowd

"Finalllllly The Rock has.."

*Glass smash*
Austin+Entrance.gif

"Bah gawd king! It's stonecold stonecold stonecold!"

anigif_enhanced-16695-1444775439-7.gif

"Inauguration, what!? What!?"

He has my vote already LOL Yo Can we Get Yokozuna as the Ambassador of Japan, William Regal as the Ambassador to England, Bret Hart as Ambassador of Canada and just to get them back can we get the god damn Bushwackers as the Ambassador's of good ole New Zealand !!

Feel free to add to my list Gaf.

BTW when The Rock becomes President, all disagreements between the Dems and GOP shall be settled Royal Rumble Style. Pay per view and all proceeds go to infrastructure repairs.

Stone Cold would be his running mate. Senators are filibustering a bill he comes running hitting them with stunners until he gets the 60 votes and then breaks out the beer with the Majority leader.

Honestly, I would be interested if we are at a point now where people don't care about professionalism and experience and just want the loudest person on their television as their president.

I want to see what research and scholars are saying but in this age of Facebook news, 10 second video and reality tv, do people even care about who is running as long as you're saying stuff they like and are charismatic?

jett

D-Member
We got a reality TV star as president of Murica. At least The Rock does movies now, so it would be an upgrade.

Lunar15

People laughed at this suggestion a while ago, but I really think the man is going to run. I'm not particularly thrilled about that.

Also, I think Mark Cuban will try to take a shot as well.

Acorn

Stone Cold would be his running mate. Senators are filibustering a bill he comes running hitting them with stunners until he gets the 60 votes and then breaks out the beer with the Majority leader.
Stonecold always gets betrayed or betrays tag partners unless he's a heel.

DeviantBoi

Two things I know about The Rock:

1. He's a nice guy
2. He's a hard worker

That already puts him leagues above all recent Republican Presidents.

So, are second president to have been in the pro wrestling hall of fame?

Also, our second president to have ever received a Stone Cold Stunner

cordy

Banned
OMG...

donald-trump-vince-mcmahon.jpg

Think about it...Rock vs Trump...Linda in in the building...

This was Vince's master plan all along.

Cyan

Banned
Why not? Trump proved you don't need to be remotely qualified, or even remotely competent, in order to win it.

The Rock has huge ambitions. The Presidency has turned into a popularity contest. Its been hinted that he is considering a run since the election. You do the math.

He will run in 2020, and if he does he will win.

There are a number of factors at play here but I think we are only going to see a rise in outsiders. Ben Carson and Trump were only the beginning.

1) negative public perceptions of the establishment or what is seen to be your traditional politician
2) crowd funding being easier than ever
3) political advising services being the largest it's ever been and open to anyone that can afford these services to help run their campaign
4) general public perceptions of charisma and their consumption of media
5) general disinterest in fact checking

I think outsiders have an advantage in this day and age

Koomaster

Newp. He's a republican as others have mentioned and I really don't know much about how he feels policy-wise on a bunch of issues but considering the political affiliation, I wouldn't trust him in office. Basically stick to the movies and looking fine and we're good.

IrishNinja

yeah, those answers were pretty hollow - we know he's a republican, does anyone know his specific views on any issue? this is like asking if LL cool J ran, i don't know what exactly makes dude lean republican.

Top Bottom