• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GQ: "Dwayne Johnson for President!"

beef3483

This is the attitude that helped turn the Presidency into a joke.

Exactly.

And the last message we should take from Trump's presidency is "If he can do it, then I can!" In fact, it should be just the opposite. We need people who actually know what governing is about and understand law and the constitution, so that we don't have this shitshow again.

DJKhaled

Trump has a 0.00% chance of beating the Rock. That's really all I care about.

Johnson is a great dude by all accounts and is super smart/hard working.

Registered Independent per the article.

Theres was a poll recently that said more democrats supported The Rock being president than Republicans so I hope he either doesn't run or runs as a Democrat, otherwise he will just steal democrat votes.

You can listen to the Rock's beliefs about running the country here.

The Rock is asked how he would lead the country

I think this may make some of you change your minds. He doesn't hide behind platitudes in this interview. He gets real. I think he's saying all the right things.

Hahaha that's amazing. Imagine if they just played that at the debates and all his campaign advertising.

Geist-

I'd have more respect for him and give him more serious thought if he said he was going to try to run for a smaller office first. Otherwise fuck no, even if he agreed with all of my personal political beliefs, political experience is an absolute must for the POTUS. The current POTUS being the prime example.

While I would absolutely vote for The Rock, it's not high praise to say that he's more qualified than Trump. At this point, a hot bowl of soup is more qualified than Trump is.

Exactly.

And the last message we should take from Trump's presidency is "If he can do it, then I can!" In fact, it should be just the opposite. We need people who actually know what governing is about and understand law and the constitution, so that we don't have this shitshow again.

The people you're referring to are among the top reasons​ Donald Trump is POTUS. They suck at governing.

While I would absolutely vote for The Rock, it's not high praise to say that he's more qualified than Trump. At this point, a hot bowl of soup is more qualified than Trump is.

I could also but assuming he runs as a Republican, it would take a really poor Democratic candidate to make me choose him overwhelmingly.

Top Bottom