• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GQ: "Dwayne Johnson for President!"

Vestal

Gold Member
Hmm... Let me see.

FUCK NO!

I love The Rock... But HELL NO. Worst idea in the fucking universe. We need to get over this celebrity bullshit. People need to realize that electing a politician is not just ok but its a fucking necessity. We need people that actually know how politics works, and not just someone thats famous.

BEING A POLITICIAN IS NOT A BAD THING, IF THEY ARE RUNNING FOR OFFICE.

Kart94

Banned
So derailing this silliness for a brief moment, who is the best movie president?

Harrison Ford and Bill Pullman do have my spot for kickassing presidents that is for sure :p

The closest thing we should have to a celebrity President is Arnold or Franken.

But I mean, if the Rock is my last resort... I guess....

TopDreg

Not gonna lie. If The Rock ran as a Democrat, or on democratic ideals, I would consider voting for him. I think he'd be great at branding Republicans as losers. Far better than any Democrat so far.

However, he does not know anything about governing. Nothing. Ugh.

What is this obsession with wanting to elect celebrities?

People feel like they know them. It's like electing someone from your town. There is a false sense of connection and thus, transparency, that is perceived. Most people don't follow politics and so a celebrity is seen as a way for their "buddy" to make it into a place that is viewed as hostile to their interests.

That said, I think a Arnold Presidency with The Rock as VP would be a sight to behold.

I don't care anymore. Trump has fucked the planet already anyway, might as well have some entertaining years of presidency before our coastal cities are underwater.

Here's to 4 years of Krusty the Clown after The Rock.

I'm sure whoever The Rock was running against wouldn't be able to cut even a halfway decent promo. Therefore The Rock wins by default.

Serious answer: if I was asked to choose between The Rock and the likes of Cory Booker, I would choose The Rock. I would have voted for The Rock over Hillary too.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Trump has fucked the planet already anyway

You're talking as if nuclear war had happened. Whatever damage climate change has done since Trump took office would've happened regardless if Clinton had won or not.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Those are the sort of answers I'd expect from a candyass.
This country is in fucking free fall.

The presidency isn't a popularity contest, it's a job.

Well I mean it's also a popularity contest but it's a job that requires a qualified person, not a WWF superstar.

People in this country are so fucking dumb I swear. The Rock would make an absolute terrible President. It's like Americans revel in the idea of fucking their country up for the lulz.

He'd be better President than Donald atleast

That's a pretty nonexistent bar to cross. We should be holding the most powerful position on Earth to a higher standard.

The equivalent of electing the popular kid to student council president.

Seriously people, you don't hire the hottest, most likable architect. You hire the one that knows how to do the fucking job.

America, this is the kind of thinking that got you here in the first place.

the Rock is full of non-answers with "both sides" platitudes ;
he took a Matthew McConaughey route the day after the eleciton with lame vague comment and instangram post:

http://comicbook.com/popculturenow/...k-johnson-weighs-in-on-presidential-election/

The most important thing we can do right now is be 100% committed to becoming a better country. Many Americans are heart broken and many Americans are happy. Let's let the emotions of both sides settle and focus on our future. Concentrate on things we can control... work ethic, attitude, faith etc. We all wear a lot of hats in today's crazy life we live and the one I'm most proud of is being a father to two beautiful young daughters. At this time the only thing I can do for them is to continue to try my best to lead by example. I don't know what it's like to be born into wealth, nor I do I know what it's like to be a career politician. I do know what it's like to put in the hard work every day with my own two hands and earn my success from the sweat of my brow. That's all I know and all I'll continue to do. Lead by example. I encourage all of you to do the same. We got this. We're Americans and we forever "Hold the line" - DJ

I don't trust a jabroni who can't be blunt with his position and hides behind the slogans and "both sides" monkey crap

keenerz

That said, I think a Arnold Presidency with The Rock as VP would be a sight to behold.

Reminded me of this for some reason
sHCf8Qw.gif

So no police reform, green energy, living wage, single payer healthcare, universal education, closing tax loopholes, money out of politics, etc? Then nevermind.

I don't know his position on police reform but I do know where he stands when i comes to the judiciary.

when 13 year old Lionel Tate killed a 6 year old girl with a wrestling move that he saw on TV, the Rock was one of many WWF wrestlers who were okay with the Florida state court's decision to try Lionel Tate as an adult.

Lionel Tate at age 13 made history as the youngest American citizen ever sentenced to life imprisonment without possibility of parole as an adult

He says in the GQ interview (that this very thread is based off of) that he's a registered Independent.
Independant in the US means small r Republican

Slayven

I don't know his position on police reform but I do know where he stands when i comes to the judiciary.

when 13 year old Lionel Tate killed a 6 year old girl with a wrestling move that he saw on TV, the Rock was one of many WWF wrestlers who were okay with the Florida state court's decision to try Lionel Tate as an adult.

Lionel Tate at age 13 made history as the youngest American citizen ever sentenced to life imprisonment without possibility of parole as an adult

Independant in the US means small r Republican

Not always, but 8/10 times yeah.

Top Bottom