• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Keep because I have 3 Tb left on my 4 Tb external
I need to jump on the bigger HDD train. I'm still rocking 500GB one that mine came with.

Actually, I have a 2.5" 2TB sitting completely sealed. Maybe it's time I pop it in. Any recommended instructions for changing the HDD on the PS4 (non-Pro)?

BPK

They aren’t fun to drive on. They are fun to race on. Dragon Trail and Lago Maggiore are two of best fantasy racing circuits in ages. Again, these are specifically made to be racing circuits to suit the e sports focus of GTS. Sight seeing bullshit means nothing for a game focused on competitive racing. I don’t know how people keep missing the, “Sport” part of GTS.

I get what you're saying. I just don't see why the tracks can't be both fun to race on and beatiful to look at.

I get what you're saying. I just don't see why the tracks can't be both fun to race on and beatiful to look at.

It is a waste of resources. More cars on track running smoothly is the priority. Even in the PC space you prioritize. Obviously with a console they sacrifices are even more pronounced. Would you rather have the best looking trees that you will never notice if you are actually racing or a smooth frame rate with a full field of cars? Also, most racing circuits have lots of borning stuff close to the track. Grand stands, concessions, safety barriers. If Dragon Trail and Lago has a ton of set dressing they would feel more fake fantasy like Trial Mountain. I like that they are believable.

IISANDERII

I really want to like this game, having been a big fan of the early GTs, but I find the tracks in this game so boring. I'm coming from Driveclub, and those tracks have so much personality. Here not so much. I was also disappointed by the amount of pop in I saw driving some of these tracks.
This game must not be for you just like Drive Club wasn't for me. I hated the tracks, the frame rate and other things as well.

so how many original tracks are we getting? I dont count mirror/backwards as part of the list.

it looks like 7 real world locations, plus variations
7 fictional, plus variations
some tokyo expressway variations
3 rally tracks

making 18 locations, extended to 29 with variations and 40 with reverse options.

0racle

it looks like 7 real world locations, plus variations
7 fictional, plus variations
some tokyo expressway variations
3 rally tracks

making 18 locations, extended to 29 with variations and 40 with reverse options.

Thanks ! kind of lame. I hope DLC is reasonable.
free

Totally agree with you, especially when they're marketing this towards a mass audience, but the harsh reality is 24 people online at a locked 60fps on the base PS4 (and 4k on the Pro), they had to make some concessions to responsiveness over visuals. I don't think they could've done tracks like DC with those constraints.

Given how heavily the game relies on its online infrastructure being consistent, they obviously don't want people to find some way to affect it by reverse-engineering the save file. Furthermore, inspection of the file may give away hints about internal aspects of the game (scoring algorithms, for e.g.) which could compromise the game if made public.
Yeah that was my main guess
I need to jump on the bigger HDD train. I'm still rocking 500GB one that mine came with.

Actually, I have a 2.5" 2TB sitting completely sealed. Maybe it's time I pop it in. Any recommended instructions for changing the HDD on the PS4 (non-Pro)?
4 Tb is only 100 bucks external

It's very easy just look up a yt video

Do we have plans for a GAF racing league? I’d love to get back to the GT5 era participation. Hopefully it will require a lot less fussing with the system and we can just do qualy and races easily. Moreover, streaming and capturing will be so much simpler!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So safe to delete the demo then? I could really use the 45gb back if the full game is separate...

benzy

pGo2Hf.png

JamboGT

Not long now but time is going so slowly!

Have the collectors edition coming but may double dip so I can play at midnight Tuesday...

Robbok

As an satisfied owner of the Driving Force GT I should be ok with a T150, right? Or should I spend some more bucks for G29?

FeD.nL

wheel conundrums.

So the Fanatec - with load cell brake option - is pretty much less expensive than the new Thrustmaster T-GT and the T-GT is inferior in steering feel and pedals. However, the T-GT has special rumble feedback for GT Sport that supposedly is more immersive.

And the Fanatec is stuck in tech support hell with GTS and I'm afraid of buying it only to find out it is never properly supported. I tried to use their contact form to send a query about this and got a website error as well. I've heard stories that Fanatec support is not always very good.

Then there is the "drive hub" device which claims to solve compatibility issues.

What is the best option?

wait for Fanatec news.
get the T-GT anyway because PD apparently code extra features for it.
buy a cheap second hand thrust master and sell it later?

I wouldn't go near second hand thrustmaster. Like I love my T300, but I had to get a replacement a month in, I have the replacement now for six months and that one seems to be working fine but reliability is a big issue with Thrustmaster.

I'd wait for Fanatec news tbh. The early impressions make it seem that the TG-T is a good wheel that is pretty overpriced.

leehom

You buy seperate pedals such as CSL Elite pedals with Loadcell preferably.

I'm looking at the clubspec pedals and they look amazing, but not $600 worth. If Fanatec came out with a clubspec pedal with wheel combo for a reasonable price, that would be very tempting.

This is the first full $60 I've spent on a game all year. Had to go digital for a game like this. All I can say is Kaz better be whipping up a whole pile of free cars and tracks, because it sure doesn't feel like a $60 game yet.

Angst

This is the first full $60 I've spent on a game all year. Had to go digital for a game like this. All I can say is Kaz better be whipping up a whole pile of free cars and tracks, because it sure doesn't feel like a $60 game yet.
Your logic is flawed. If it didn't feel like a $60 game you wouldn't have felt the need to buy it at full price.

I also wish for more cars and tracks...

p3n

wheel conundrums.

So the Fanatec - with load cell brake option - is pretty much less expensive than the new Thrustmaster T-GT and the T-GT is inferior in steering feel and pedals. However, the T-GT has special rumble feedback for GT Sport that supposedly is more immersive.

And the Fanatec is stuck in tech support hell with GTS and I'm afraid of buying it only to find out it is never properly supported. I tried to use their contact form to send a query about this and got a website error as well. I've heard stories that Fanatec support is not always very good.

Then there is the "drive hub" device which claims to solve compatibility issues.

What is the best option?

wait for Fanatec news.
get the T-GT anyway because PD apparently code extra features for it.
buy a cheap second hand thrust master and sell it later?

I am running a full Fanatec setup with GIMX and a DriveHub. I compared both (GIMX and DH) in the beta and both are using the G29 FFB instruction set for GT:S. GT:S does not (yet) support the new PS4 Fanatec CSL natively. Both workarounds are okay after some tweaking. Since the Fanatec wheelbases have the more powerfull motors, the effects that GT:S sends to a "G29" are way overdone. On standard settings it felt like wrestling an alligator instead of holding a wheel in a car with tons of clipping. I had to turn it down to about 20% in the wheel settings and the lowest in-game settings to make it usable. I found no noticeable differences between GIMX on a Pi3 and the DriveHub.

If GT:S ever supports the new PS4 CSL set it will be possible to use the Fanatec specific FFB instructions through the DriveHub's Fanatec to Fanatec compatibility mode. I don't know if the GIMX guys are working on something similar but it could be done with GIMX as well.

If all you are doing is GT:S or PS4 racing in general and you have the cash for a Fanatec setup I'd rather go with the Thrustmaster GT. The Fanatec setup would only be justified if you are using it for PC sims primarily or if you really love tinkering with A LOT of settings.

I am thinking of getting a T-GT myself just for GT:S. Having THE supported wheel with everything specifically and exclusively tailored to it out of the box by the nutjobs at PD must be special.

It's crazy that buying the game at 69 or 79 would make me pause but I am seriously gonna drop 800 bucks on a decent wheel pedal combo.
Not that I'm in that much of a position to actually afford a good setup, but I've been perpetually putting that off for over a decade, telling myself "HDTVs are a nice upgrade, but we'll get VR at some point, right?" And now that it's actually here and with future GTs surely having expanded features from GTS, that excuse is no longer valid.

Yeah yeah I know, I could have done this on PC the past few years, but that's expensive as hell for hardware where someone could find a used base PS4 and PSVR for probably a third of the total cost before buying the racing rig. This holiday season you could probably snag a (base) PS4 VR bundle for $500, going up against the cost of a new X1X for the same in an interesting contrast of different target audiences.

Top Bottom