• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

For the guys after a new wheel, just bought a Fanatec CSL PS4 wheelbase to go with my V3's and it's a night and day difference over my T300.

Wasn't supported on the demo, but Fanatec have already stated on their forum that it's going to be fully supported in the full game.

So if your considering dropping a fat wedge of money on a wheel/pedal combo, can definitely recommend it. :)

leehom

For the guys after a new wheel, just bought a Fanatec CSL PS4 wheelbase to go with my V3's and it's a night and day difference over my T300.

Clubsport V3's? Going to wait on some reviews on the CSL vs T-GT before making a decision. The V3's are better pedals by far, but would like to know the differences between the wheels.

FeD.nL

Clubsport V3's? Going to wait on some reviews on the CSL vs T-GT before making a decision. The V3's are better pedals by far, but would like to know the differences between the wheels.

Seen this mini-review yet?

She says that turning the wheel isn't completely smooth.

Inside Sim Racing however does say the wheel is smooth and is even more impressed with the rumble effects the transducer delivers.

leehom

Seen this mini-review yet?

She says that turning the wheel isn't completely smooth.

Thanks! This is primarily why I didn't go with a G29. Had a G27 and the gearing from turning the wheel is very noticeable. Currently own a T300 Ferrari and it feels much better. The gearing is a teeny bit noticeable, but not a deal breaker.

Going to watch her review of the CSL.

dracula_x

wtPFXHC.png

→ https://twitter.com/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/919479828843286528

IGdvNPx.png

→ https://twitter.com/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/919480851854954496

Via Google translate...

Translate
JAPANESE
ENGLISH

市販車、旧車、名車・・・もちろん、どんどんDLCで追加していきます。それがグランツーリスモだから。
Shihan-sha, kyū kuruma, meisha mochiron, dondon DLC de tsuika shite ikimasu. Sore ga gurantsūrisumodakara.
Commercial cars, old cars, famous cars ... Of course, we will continue to add on DLC. Because that is Gran Turismo.

My pre load has installed 59.3Gb's. The demo was 43Gb's.

One thing I''m surprised by, and that is there is no mention of a headset companion app or the use of 3D audio. I remember on the old pulse elites Gran Turismo 5 I believed launched with the Racing App and it was pretty damn good.
DMLl6E7VwAEBwNp.jpg

benzy

My pre load has installed 54Gb's. The demo was 43Gb's.

One thing I''m surprised by, and that is there is no mention of a headset companion app or the use of 3D audio. I remember on the old pulse elites Gran Turismo 5 I believed launched with the Racing App and it was pretty damn good.

Can you enter the game and sit in the menu with the pre-load?

Found a use for my 100€ gift card to a local version of Walmart. 2x 50€ wallet cards and the cost of standard version + year of PS+ was 19€ in total.

Now the long wait.

Is there and/or will there be a GAF community for this game?

Cock of War

you should try playing a real Rally game like Dirt Rally

Absolutely love that game, play it in PSVR. While it is challenging I find it manageable whereas rally in GTS more punishing/slidey/floaty. Could be that Dirt is a better simulation (haven't driven rally in real life) and the VR helps.

I wonder if it was a last minute decisions to push a completely new file due to patch size instead of making the demo final version. MS did it a couple of times, swapping your entire preload with new preload instead of just patching stuff.

It was pretty much the only thing I played last week so can't complain to be honest.

Same. Needed that to help me get out of the Destiny bind.

Has anyone applied the dynamic theme yet? I’m seeing two—a red variant and a black variant. I was able to download the red variant, while the black one is on the timer.

The red seems ok, although there is a weird holograph effect on the upper menu/row.

kriskrosbbk

Same. Needed that to help me get out of the Destiny bind.

Has anyone applied the dynamic theme yet? I’m seeing two—a red variant and a black variant. I was able to download the red variant, while the black one is on the timer.

The red seems ok, although there is a weird holograph effect on the upper menu/row.

I can see only one which is on timer for me.Which edition did you preorder?

otapnam

Us gaf - the thrustmaster t150 wheel is 150$ right now on Amazon which is one if it's decent low price points. It has hit 130 before but that's not guaranteed. Ordered one myself

Top Bottom