• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

emjot

Probably worth a new thread

NXGamer analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-CXHtW6Jjg

Sound very promising. Always thought it dipped occasionally in the demo, especially with 30 cars on track like in missions 6-8. To be fair, we have not seen any really demanding settings like rain/wet combined with night racing with a full field of cars yet. But they also had some time from the betas to iron stuff out, seems they've done a much better job with the frame rate than in GT6.

Are we going to have somewhere we can post out favorite svgs? Or, for plebs like myself, any kind of explanation on sourcing svgs? It's vector format, so I'm assuming direct file type conversion 1:1 isn't a thing. Also, what to create images with because windows 8 sure doesn't know what to do with them.

Are we going to have somewhere we can post out favorite svgs? Or, for plebs like myself, any kind of explanation on sourcing svgs? It's vector format, so I'm assuming direct file type conversion 1:1 isn't a thing. Also, what to create images with because windows 8 sure doesn't know what to do with them.

I'd imagine/hope someone will create an OT for liveries

Dinjooh

For finding vectors I would recommend sites such as thenounproject.com or even something as freepik.com

For creating them the most common tool is Illustrator, but it's big and pricy. I personally would recommend something like Figma for beginners, it's way more intuitive and runs in your browser.

bombshell

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
My hype for GT Sport has got me going down the rabbit hole of driving wheels. I have a Driving Force GT from my PS3 days, so could just hook that up using GIMX or CoronusMax I guess?

Not sure I can be bothered with more adapters and crap lying around. Anyone aware of any good deals on a G29 bundle? Here in the UK the bundle was on sale for around £150 at Currys/PC World about 3 months ago, but it seems to be over £220 everywhere now.

Hmmm it's a dilemna. Anyone here have any opinions or ideas? Or experience of how the DFGT plays on GTSport with CoronusMax?

bombshell

My hype for GT Sport has got me going down the rabbit hole of driving wheels. I have a Driving Force GT from my PS3 days, so could just hook that up using GIMX or CoronusMax I guess?

Not sure I can be bothered with more adapters and crap lying around. Anyone aware of any good deals on a G29 bundle? Here in the UK the bundle was on sale for around £150 at Currys/PC World about 3 months ago, but it seems to be over £220 everywhere now.

Hmmm it's a dilemna. Anyone here have any opinions or ideas? Or experience of how the DFGT plays on GTSport with CoronusMax?

I can't give you ChronusMax impressions, but I can give you GIMX impressions. I'm using my DFGT with that and I can't distinguish it from using it natively back on PS3. Input lag is unnoticeable and the force feedback is feeling exactly the same.

Saw a £125 deal for T150, if it has interest for you or other UK peeps. https://www.shop.bt.com/products/thrustmaster-t150-force-feedback-wheel-ps4-ps3-pc-4168053-C1VF.html

Edit: T150 Pro version with better pedals is going for £155 in same shop. https://www.shop.bt.com/products/thrustmaster-t150-rs-pro-racing-wheel-uk-4168059-CNM1.html?q=t150

I'd imagine the G29 to drop back to £150 the closer we get to Christmas, that's how much I paid for mine last year.

The amount of DFGT's on eBay right now you have to wonder if they don't realise something like the GIMX would let them use on a PS4

I haven't tried with my DFGT, but my G25 works really well using the Drivehub. It's fairly small, doesn't require a PC to work and the LEDs match the rev counter when driving. If you get one, don't forget to update the firmware because I had some disconnect issues on the factory firmware.

wouwie

Looking at the track and car list and the features that were in the previous versions and not in this one (such as weather, dynamic time of day, career mode), one does wonder what happened during the development of this game. Did they start over from scratch (at least they did on the cars i assume?) or was it a matter of priorities (e.g. eliminate tearing and smoother framerates <-> dynamic time of day,...)?

Anyhow, i miss playing the demo. I'm still considering buying for SP only but since i don't really enjoy rally and oval circuits, that track list is looking very thin ath this moment. I might and see what plans they have in store for future support.

Yaqoub

Quick question:

If I preordered the standard digital version, is there a way to upgrade to the deluxe package? Or do I have to get a refund first?

Same here, damn 2 for £70 offer!

It seemed like a good idea at the time, I'm regretting it now though. Been playing GT6 all weekend in anticipation.

Yep! Although being fair I did get my Destiny 2 on launch day so here's hoping.

m1fWTf8.png

Chris Kay

Neo Member
What did you think of the depth feedback that they added specifically for GT:S on the T-GT?
TBH I only tried 2 races with it, so not enough time for a real comparison. It felt great as is expected but I did not notice anything really special with it to put it above a CSL. Better to look for reviews if you want a better impression of the T-GT.

That looks like a really good deal. Much better than the wheel by itself for $500 on Amazon. Will probably buy it later today, thanks alot!
You're welcome. Hope you enjoy it!

KORNdoggy

Looking at the track and car list and the features that were in the previous versions and not in this one (such as weather, dynamic time of day, career mode), one does wonder what happened during the development of this game. Did they start over from scratch (at least they did on the cars i assume?) or was it a matter of priorities (e.g. eliminate tearing and smoother framerates <-> dynamic time of day,...)?

i honestly think consistency was their priority this time around because they got a LOT of flack for it the last few times. i mean, yes there was weather in GT5/6, but not on every track. yes there was day night cycles, but not on every track. yes there were more cars, but half of them looked like shit. and as you say, they're outputting at a solid 60fps this time, again offering a more consistent experience.

i think they ultimately want to have full weather systems and day night cycles and 1000 cars again, but i doubt we'll see that until they feel they can offer it consistently across the board. i would hope the current cars and tracks have been created with that sort of forward thinking in mind. maybe it'll be patched into this game. maybe we'll see it in the next one? who knows.

FeD.nL

People on the fanatec blog seem to be slightly worried now that the 10gb patch doesn't add support for CSL Elite.

I'm still on the fence but I must say the whole situation is incredibly strange for an official licensed wheel not to be supported right out of the gate.

My other game was Horizon. Ordered in August 2016!

Haha oh yours really was an old order!

I've had some great deals from Tesco back in the day at the original launch

FIFA 14 for £37 and 537 points
Diablo 3 for £45 and 1045 points!
Destiny + £25 PSN card for £65 and 565 points

The bonus points were always a great deal when using on things like Chef and Brewer tokens x4 or Butlins x3 :)

emjot

So the game releases at midnight in us PSN? Had no luck at retail just now but I think official release is in 18th in Germany. So I'd rather buy from psn and get it a day early with a little discount.

I can't wait for the reviews of this game. I know that this isn't the GT6 successor that I want and could buy Forza 7 instead because it does all those things (mainly car collection and racing with road cars). But I'd rather jump through all the hoops to get my G27 working on the PS4. The lack of a proper campaign mode and road cars (compared to race cars) is definitely a downer for me. I know Kaz said that there will be more cars via DLC, but I couldn't find info on the pricing and I'd rather not buy a full-priced game and pay for every car I want individually. But a fan of that model. Do we know if they're going to expand the SP content via DLC? Is there any info on the DLC pricing at all? Also, weird question, but after the disappointment in GT5 and 6 it's more than warranted: Do SP races have standing starts?

Karu

So the game releases at midnight in us PSN? Had no luck at retail just now but I think official release is in 18th in Germany. So I'd rather buy from psn and get it a day early with a little discount.
My US PSN pre-order unlocks around 6am tomorrow morning (Germany).

FeD.nL

I can't wait for the reviews of this game. I know that this isn't the GT6 successor that I want and could buy Forza 7 instead because it does all those things (mainly car collection and racing with road cars). But I'd rather jump through all the hoops to get my G27 working on the PS4. But the lack of a proper campaign mode and road cars (compared to race cars) is definitely a downer for me. I know Kaz said that there will be more cars via DLC, but I couldn't find info on the pricing and I'd rather not buy a full-priced game and pay for every car I want individually. But a fan of that model. Do we know if they're going to expand the SP content via DLC? Is there any info on the DLC pricing at all? Also, weird question, but after the disappointment in GT5 and 6 it's more than warranted: Do SP races have standing starts?

Well we know Microtransactions are definitely of the table.

So I assume something like GT5 with a mix of paid and free car packs.

mcfizzle4

I think the game releases at midnight if bought from the NA PS Store. I'm in Germany too but I'm American and bought from the US store so I can wake to it Tuesday.

Mad1723

So I got a reply from fanatec

My question was explicitly whether in the event the CSL Elite PS4 wheel doesn't fully work with GT Sport after aome significant time, would that be considered grounds for return and refund..

----

You cna return the products according to our return policy in 2 cases:
- you have 14 days (after you will receive the item) to return it , without telling us the reason for the return
- the item is defect.

Here you will find more Information:

https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/returns-policy-au.html

For the comatibilty with Grand Turismo, please check our blog for updates.

Thank you for understanding

Best regards
The CEO of Fanatec confirmed it should be working and will be working on retail very soon.
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/559/fanatec-csl-elite-racing-wheel-gt-sport-compatibility

emjot

My game unlocks around 6am tomorrow morning (Germany).

I think the game releases at midnight if bought from the NA PS Store. I'm in Germany too but I'm American and bought from the US store so I can wake to it Tuesday.

Ok, thanks a lot guys, doesn't matter to me if 0 or 6am. It will run me some 50€ on us psn vs 60€ retail, so I'll be getting it there.

Alexious

I decided to pre-order the digital deluxe version. I don't mind paying the extra monies for the lm55 and the livery stickers, all the other vehicles and avatars are a just great bonus for me.

One more day to go folks!

Me too. My GPU frying all of a sudden helped in pulling the plug

Bollocks

NICE, they just installed some demo stations with the new wheel across my office, have never used a wheel before, if this is legit I might have to get one.

Fuck me I just tried it and it was fucking awesome.
This was my first time with a wheel and honestly I had to force myself to stop as I was on my lunch break.

It felt really great, all those tiny vibrations, the force feedback, felt like the real deal. Granted I only drove regular cars in real life so far but all the feedback you get was also there.
Now it is 800 fucking euros but I think I'm going to go for it, just the thought of driving in VR with such a wheel, drooool.

Fuck me I just tried it and it was fucking awesome.
This was my first time with a wheel and honestly I had to force myself to stop as I was on my lunch break.

It felt really great, all those tiny vibrations, the force feedback, felt like the real deal. Granted I only drove regular cars in real life so far but all the feedback you get was also there.
Now it is 800 fucking euros but I think I'm going to go for it, just the thought of driving in VR with such a wheel, drooool.

We talking about the new Thrustmaster wheel? That thing looks amazing. I just think it's going to be almost half price by start of the new year though.

Top Bottom