• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Any progress here extends to the full game?

Also why can't I turn on the breaking line mid mission? Anyway to turn on all racing and break lines for every activity in the main menu? Thanks

Cars, credits (up to 1m), mileage, photos and liveries will all carry over.

Sebmugi

some car details in scape mode
1507823172-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171012144208.png
1507823194-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171012145035.png

1507823212-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171012145619.png
1507823213-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171012144609.png

1507823345-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171012150139.png
1507823356-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171012151204.png

1507823348-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171012152002.png
1507823344-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171012153301.png

1507823573-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171012172407.png
1507823587-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171012173412.png

KORNdoggy

some car details in scape mode

does this game have tessellation? besides a few internal elements of the lights, the models are insanely smooth. like, even in the tight corners there is no visible faceting. i just wish there was self reflection ala driveclub.

Crayon

How is everyone with the lack of cars in the game? Is it a big issue?

On one hand there's enough cars in enough for racing that it doesn't feel lacking in itself... On the other hand, if you have some old favorites it sucks that they're not there.

Haha, with less than an hour left the game randomly started to not crash. GTS quality has gone up 1,000,000x now that the garbage race BGM has been turned off. Not much time now to bank any credits or cars as I deleted my save twice in attempts to resolve this. Got a chance to drive Lake Maggiore...great track so far. Really happy with Dragon Trail and that. Both have a proper race course feel and not just unnecessarily complex fantasy track. Ready for it to be Tuesday so I can actually start progressing in the game and getting my SR up.

The1Ski

I think people have gotten over the point of must having physical damage and dynamic weather.

I remember the huge debate over it before GT5 (or was it GT6) was releasing. I think the main reason for it was that was "new" tech and if you wanted to be a serious game in the racing scene you had to have those features. Now it's old news and people are over it.

Personally I don't consider those "must have" features either. Especially if they sacrifice graphical performance. Those things are nice but they're by no means deal breakers

Sebmugi

does this game have tessellation? besides a few internal elements of the lights, the models are insanely smooth. like, even in the tight corners there is no visible faceting. i just wish there was self reflection ala driveclub.

yes I also expect a management of reflections on the bodies of the car at least as good as in driveclub .. may be for the PS5 I think .. :/

Solal

How is everyone with the lack of cars in the game? Is it a big issue?

The car list is a joke. Ridiculous.

You can expect payed DLC that will, how surprising, be all the most iconic cars in race history.

This game is the GT as a service... Moto? "How to make more money when we sell less games?"

You just need to look at the tracks and cars...and then read Kaz who says he wants to get to as many as 500 cars....to understand that paradigm.

GTS: the real GIVE ME MONEY simulator

Angst

You can expect payed DLC that will, how surprising, be all the most iconic cars in race history.

This game is the GT as a service... Moto? "How to make more money when we sell less games?"

You just need to look at the tracks and cars...and then read Kaz who says he wants to get to as many as 500 cars....to understand that paradigm.

Jumping to conclusions?

bud

this guy again, haha.

dude, you've been shitting on gt for years. i'm not even exaggerating when i say that. YEARS. why do you keep coming back? i don't get this obsession. i don't get why you get so worked up over something you clearly don't give a shit about.

I literally just gathered 452K credits and went to buy this one, just to understand that I cannot purchase any cars in the beta,right?
correct...

I tried to but then realized why they did it. up to 1million credits and all cars carry over. So they didn't want to let you keep buying cars to stay under 1 million credits

Personally best demo I've ever played.
Skate's was better. GTS can take second place

Lmao the Tomahawk is the new Red Bull X1. I think it tops at 350mph

All I know is that Lake Maggiore Circuit is going to be a new favourite of mine

The S bends thriugh to the downhill section before the hairpin is just bliss.

PD nailed the S bends in their fantasy tracks. They feel so good to nail, like the one at dragontrail, broad bean raceway and Kyoto.

DieH@rd

Banned
When will the demo end in CET land? I'm still at work for few more hours...

It would be nice if I could get another daily goal and car.

Little bit of assumption in this, eh?

Game is boring. No other way to tell it, its flat out boring.

Lol.

Niks

Kaz apologizing on Twitter...

Kaz, the game is shaping to be a success, but saying you didn't expect so many users is.. incredibly stupid.

Just out of curiosity, what pit strategies did people use for the endurance event? Never got to finishing the whole thing, but it felt like I could choose 3 stops or 4, with the 4 being soft tyres and fuel map 1 the whole race and making zero attempts to conserve anything. Compared to 3 stops that's only about a second a lap more time needed to gain and the gap in tyre compound seemed to make a ton of difference. I get the impression that 2 stops is probably possible with a low fuel setting.

Loudninja

Kaz apologizing Twitter...

Kaz, the game is shaping to be a success, but saying you didn't expect so many users is.. incredibly stupid.
How is this stupid ? my god.

The whole point of the demo was to stress test and it did its job sometimes stuff is much bigger then devs excepted it happens.

Alucrid

Banned
Game is boring. No other way to tell it, its flat out boring.

yeah i'd have to agree. it doesn't satisfy the need for speed like other games do. no one in the crew i hang out with is getting this game. it probably won't even be that memorable in the franchise, really just a blur. i can see burnout setting in very quickly, especially when you consider how dirt is being handled. at this point forza is going to out run this game in sales. i hope the next game results in a shift for the series otherwise they're cruising for a bruising.

Memento

yeah i'd have to agree. it doesn't satisfy the need for speed like other games do. no one in the crew i hang out with is getting this game. it probably won't even be that memorable in the franchise, really just a blur. i can see burnout setting in very quickly, especially when you consider how dirt is being handled. at this point forza is going to out run this game in sales. i hope the next game results in a shift for the series otherwise they're cruising for a bruising.

LMAO

Gestault

Inhale. Laugh heartily. Exhale.

Eurogamer put an article saying that the BETA was played by more than 1 million people
Yeah, Kaz mentioned it on Twitter as well.

You were doing okay until the bold and onward.

Putty

Lay off the crack...

Top Bottom