• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

OMG! You can flash your lights!

Fucking bought!

You can also indicate and do warning lights.

Hope you are right, but I have learned a long time ago that assuming PD is going to do something logical or predictable is a fools errand. Wouldn't be surprised at all if some single player things are limited with servers down. They really didn't like the ability for players to cheese credits in GT5 and locked things down accordingly. If there are going to be any microtransactions involved it is important to have always online to make sure people don't cheat offline.

If this is the full game file, just gated, that is not good at all for me. Nothing works. Can't go to options, can't claim rewards, can't go to some sections of home menu, can't save data to GT servers. All cause instant hard crashes.

Its already been noted that the game has an offline mode. If you are so worried, you can wait to see once people have bought it.

You can also indicate and do warning lights.

Its already been noted that the game has an offline mode. If you are so worried, you can wait to see once people have bought it.

I know it says it has an offline mode, but do we know the details of it? I already own it, it is a GT game, I am going to play it even if it was just two skylines eating shit from a cup. Long term, I don't care if it has an offline mode. I bought this with the hopes of being iRacing Lite on consoles, which it seems to be close to achieving. Offline will really only matter the first week or two. Once I clear all golds in missions and tests, I will be on Sport and TT for practice only. My main concern is how unstable the game is on PS4 Pro right now and how my account seems to be unable to sync with their servers no matter which recommended actions I take. Deleting and reinstalling everything failed to resolve the issue. Fingers crossed for big day one patch.

bombshell

I know it says it has an offline mode, but do we know the details of it? I already own it, it is a GT game, I am going to play it even if it was just two skylines eating shit from a cup. Long term, I don't care if it has an offline mode. I bought this with the hopes of being iRacing Lite on consoles, which it seems to be close to achieving. Offline will really only matter the first week or two. Once I clear all golds in missions and tests, I will be on Sport and TT for practice only. My main concern is how unstable the game is on PS4 Pro right now and how my account seems to be unable to sync with their servers no matter which recommended actions I take. Deleting and reinstalling everything failed to resolve the issue. Fingers crossed for big day one patch.

The options screen crashes have their own in-game news item as a known issue. It's a server side problem, so with them being aware of it they have some days now to fix it for launch day.

I think people have gotten over the point of must having physical damage and dynamic weather.

I remember the huge debate over it before GT5 (or was it GT6) was releasing. I think the main reason for it was that was "new" tech and if you wanted to be a serious game in the racing scene you had to have those features. Now it's old news and people are over it.

Dynamic weather in gt6 was so good. It's very much needed if they can get it to run nicely.

Final race for me, custom Gr.X race at Dragons II. 12 lap professional. Tough for me and I botched first corner on last lap and placed 2nd. Got my daily miles in and car though and 35,000 cred along with some mileage point and exp. Unfortunately not enough time to get through stage 6 mission challenges. Got three out of eight at bronze level.

F1 I would assume given all the F1 references in the trophies.

gEMXCee.png

Mohasus

Suzuka is very hard
The sequence of medium speed turns and the two 1st gear corners. The off camber turn.
It's a really hard track. On the plus side my best lap ghost makes some terrible errors so it's easy to improve on but stringing together a problem free lap is hard.

My best lap is 2:07:003. I think I could bring it down to a high 2:05 (tried only three times before the race started). But some guys are doing 2:01. That's another league for me. :(

On the other hand, I've started on pole position twice on the oval and once in Nurburgring, so I'm happy.

How is everyone with the lack of cars in the game? Is it a big issue?

Doesn't bother me in the slightest cause you have to work to get the cars that are there, be it daily miles or the mission challenges. Plus we know that more will come eventually as dlc, though whether these will be paid or free is another question. But I also grew up playing racing games like the Lotus Turbo Challenge series on Amiga 500. They added one new car per title to a total of three playable vehicles. Honestly GTsport is heaven compared to those days, but it felt more than enough then and it does now... Unless you love Pokemon cars and that's your primary focus.

Wiped89

The full range of tracks in the F1 2017 season coming on launch day!!!1!

Lesson 1: How to cry about safety car driving too slow.

There's no way the announcement is going to be F1 content; Codemasters has the licence and has just extended it for 3 more years.

There's a possibility PD might have secured a few licenses for the odd historical car or a few tracks, PES style, but they won't be able to get everything.

Markoman

How is everyone with the lack of cars in the game? Is it a big issue?

I can live with a smaller car park as long as we get all the dream cars. Who wants to drive their real-life car in a video game anyways?
Braggers will show up any minute now ;P

I know its Gran Turismo and thus the focus on GT racing but I would love it if they brought in a bit more diversity with the classes of racing such as group CN and the single seater group E. It wouldn't take over as most of those are limited to single engine types and there are usually only a handful of manufactures usually with very few models.

Lewis Hamilton Vision GT

Oh god I hope not. Although cool in concept, the vision cars have all been dreadfully boring to drive. They basically all manifest the worst parts of the GT physics engine. Ultra grippy high down force cars with zero weight transfer... lets make 20! I really wish the vision cars were excluded from all competitive modes of this game. They are just fake bullshit and feel like cheating when they are the leaderboard meta.

What's group CN?

Purpose built lightweight race cars. The lower weights classes usually use motorbike engines and the top level are custom built. known for having very fast acceleration and decent aero but bare bones in everything else. Radical are the most famous manufacture for that group of cars with the RS8 being the most well known due to its Nordschleife record but some other manufactures are Caterham, Y.O Concept, Norma Auto Concept. For racing they feed into Le Mans and prototype cars more than the GT type do. Also the most affordable type of racing if you want to get into real racing cars rather than modified road cars. They are used on track and hillclimb.

Top Bottom