• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

vordhosbn

Banned
I wonder if they'll send a notice with the packages telling them to delay till the 17th.

Otherwise I'm def getting it tomorrow, since it's already in my town.

I think the dangers of that thread are fairly exaggerated. Admittedly I haven't been in there more than a couple of time and I haven't spent a great deal of time reading many of the posts themselves, but skimming it for the gifs and screens is glorious.

I don't want screens and I don't want gifs.

All I've seen of this game is what R* wants me to see.

dandoolan

I don't want screens and I don't want gifs.

All I've seen of this game is what R* wants me to see.

I understand and respect that. And naturally those avoiding that sort of material would be very wise to stay away from that thread.

I was more referring to those under the impression the thread contains wave after wave of story spoiler. It's pretty tame in there from that perspective.

Linius

Does anyone already know how long the install takes (on 360)?

I hope to have the game when I get home from work, around 8:30 pm in the evening. So I hope I don't have the spend the rest of the evening watching a game install :p

Kiraly

Does anyone already know how long the install takes (on 360)?

I hope to have the game when I get home from work, around 8:30 pm in the evening. So I hope I don't have the spend the rest of the evening watching a game install :p

TELL ME HOW LINIUS

Kiraly

On release date I meant, not today. It's sunday bro, I'm not even working :p

And I hope to get it because with Wehkamp you never know :(

Oh haha :(

I'll be working till 00:00 on monday, hope to pop in a Bart Smit quickly after work to get my copy.

Linius

Oh haha :(

I'll be working till 00:00 on monday, hope to pop in a Bart Smit quickly after work to get my copy.

Hope for you you're going to a town where there a more stores doing a midnight release. Otherwise you're likely to end up in a massive line of people waiting to get in. On monday I'll be working till 11pm, but I'm not gonna bother a midnight release since I have to work quite early the next day. Can't come to work acting like a zombie :p

Kiraly

Hope for you you're going to a town where there a more stores doing a midnight release. Otherwise you're likely to end up in a massive line of people waiting to get in. On monday I'll be working till 11pm, but I'm not gonna bother a midnight release since I have to work quite early the next day. Can't come to work acting like a zombie :p

Yeah, I went to last year's FIFA 13 midnight release at Saturn (which had it for 39 euro) and the line was absolutely fucking bonkers.

I'm glad both the Saturn and two Bart Smits nearby are opening for the night, that should even out the waiting line a bit.

Fuck class at 9 AM. :(

Linius

Yeah, I went to last year's FIFA 13 midnight release at Saturn (which had it for 39 euro) and the line was absolutely fucking bonkers.

I'm glad both the Saturn and two Bart Smits nearby are opening for the night, that should even out the waiting line a bit.

Fuck class at 9 AM. :(

That's the right attitude :p

The one time I went to a midnight release was for Black Ops. Just because they sold it for 37 euros and I thought it was cheap. When I got home I just went to bed :lol

Kiraly

That's the right attitude :p

The one time I went to a midnight release was for Black Ops. Just because they sold it for 37 euros and I thought it was cheap. When I got home I just went to bed :lol

It is cheap actually, but yeah, I had played two games of FIFA before I said fuck it and went to sleep. :lol

Will probably not even play GTA after I get home, it is just that the Bart Smit is on my way home anyway.

QP3

God damn it. Been listening to the hype for this game on podcasts, now I must buy and will preorder later. It has been a while since I have bought any game day 1.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Ha yeah that mission is terrible, if only because the guy is a bullet sponge for no reason.

Oh lord yes. I shot him with my pistol more times than I can count while on his bike, and he just never goes down. Always have to kill him with his gang.

MCN

Banned
Oh lord yes. I shot him with my pistol more times than I can count while on his bike, and he just never goes down. Always have to kill him with his gang.

For a moment I thought you were talking about the San Andreas mission where you kill Loc's prison boyfriend.

SJRB

Gold Member

GTAIV has a lot of those weird "can't kill your target until you reach a certain treshold" chase missions.

Ateron

Sorry if this was asked already, but the thread is huge.

How is the performance on ps3, at least in terms of framerate? Is it stable, or more like IV?

I would check it myself, but don't wanna get spoiled on youtube or in that other thread, :/

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
For a moment I thought you were talking about the San Andreas mission where you kill Loc's prison boyfriend.

Lol. No. Lol. Fell asleep after last comment about GTA IV "No Love Lost" mission. Sorry for the confusion.

Luthos

Sorry if this was asked already, but the thread is huge.

How is the performance on ps3, at least in terms of framerate? Is it stable, or more like IV?

I would check it myself, but don't wanna get spoiled on youtube or in that other thread, :/

I also want to know about the PS3's resolution. I remember Red Dead looked a lot blurrier and such on PS3, due to I believe a worse resolution than the 360.

Avoid YouTube, brothers and sisters! Spoilers in the title names of related GTAV videos are present. I was innocently rewatching some of the GTAV official trailers and after the video ended the suggested videos to watch next revealed a medium-grade spoiler.

Avoid YouTube, brothers and sisters! Spoilers in the title names of related GTAV videos are present. I was innocently rewatching some of the GTAV official trailers and after the video ended the suggested videos to watch next revealed a medium-grade spoiler.

Even herp derp YouTube can't help us now!

Stay vigilant.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yes, I'll wait because I don't have a console and because I don't want to play GTA with a controller (keyboard/mouse is the way it's meant to be played :p)

Every 3D GTA has been made for consoles first, PC second. Obviously they're designed to be played with a controller. The only thing mouse + keyboard would probably make better is aiming with guns. Everything else, from just walking around to driving cars and piloting planes, is objectively better on a controller. Digital car controls? No thanks.

SHADES

T - 21hours 10mins until I pick up my copy, damn today's gonna drag hard!

Time to crack on with housework so I can do jack shit but GTA for 3 days :)

Nokterian

This is how i feel about GTAV.

1326910583_larry_david_reaction.gif

No i really do. Just 4 was so damn dissapointed. I am also in no mood to buy it for 8 year old tech. Sure i have a 360 but haven't touched it in 2 years at least. This hype is just so big..disappointment can't be bigger then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom