• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

just received text from the store.
he told me i'll received my copy around 20th

Bc0pIV5.gif

Amazon would've delivered mine after the 23rd.

Tourmeta

No option to preload on EU store yet, at least not for me. Download list ye? Might be in 1 hour as well, because timezone confusion :p (Rockstar said BST which was now but SCEE said GMT which is the next hour)

Tourmeta

I think we can safely say it's not been scheduled to happen at 3pm BST by now. 50 minutes left! (technically only Rockstar has been wrong, SCEE said GMT)

scarlet

UrbanRats

Would've.
But you broke some knee caps, right?

Nah, it's a long story.

Basically:

On October 2012 i preorder on Amazon (regular edition).
On May 2013 i preorder on R* Warehouse (special edition).
I forget to cancel my preorder on Amazon.
I get an email from Amazon, couple of days ago, saying my GTAV copy has been shipped and will arrive on the 23rd (more than a week from shipment).
I punch myself in the nuts for being a forgetful imbecile and ask for a refund.

So as soon as the package gets here, i'm sending it back.
Problem is, R* Warehouse hasn't even shipped the damn thing, so i have to wonder how long that will take.
I should've gotten the digital version on the PSN and be done with it, FML.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
There will be. Closer to its release, I'll be creating a separate OT.

Great.

My mind has been buzzing with ideas for deathmatch and races, and deathmatch races. lol.

Can't wait to get my hands on the tools and finally see how much flexibility they have. Trying to keep my expectations in check, but still really hyped.

Truespeed

I'm worried about the resolution and AA used on the PS3 version. After seeing the comparison video it looked to me that the PS3 version had slightly lower quality textures and some blurring on the opening indoor scene. I know that both were developed in tandem, according to Rockstar, and that the RAGE engine now supports 720p on the PS3. The time of day was off in the comparison and the gamma level is always off on the 360, but I'm hoping they didn't go back to their old ways and use quincunx.

spats

Nah, it's a long story.

Basically:

I get an email from Amazon, couple of days ago, saying my GTAV copy has been shipped and will arrive on the 23rd (more than a week from shipment).

Problem is, R* Warehouse hasn't even shipped the damn thing, so i have to wonder how long that will take.

I ordered two copies of Gran Turismo 5 before it came out to ensure I would have it on launch day. I got one collector's edition and one regular copy. Turns out they both arrived on launch day, so then I just gave the regular version to my friend. He was pretty damn stoked about it!

I'm worried about the resolution and AA used on the PS3 version. After seeing the comparison video it looked to me that the PS3 version had slightly lower quality textures and some blurring on the opening indoor scene. I know that both were developed in tandem, according to Rockstar, and that the RAGE engine now supports 720p on the PS3. The time of day was off in the comparison and the gamma level is always off on the 360, but I'm hoping they didn't go back to their old ways and use quincunx.

You can't really make a good comparison with compressed web based video

Leonsito

A lot of people in spain already have it, i should get mine tomorrow.

Yesterday I spent the entire day hunting pigeons in gta IV, finally I have that 100% :D

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

One graphics-related worry (for open-world games) on PS3 is gross pop-in... geometry and texture pop is just the grossest damn thing and really harms the open-world experience, at least for me.

IQ? Eh... I mean it's current-gen, we already lost that battle like 7 years ago.

As long as it's not too framey and there's no really bad pop-in, I'll be happy.

Nah, it's a long story.

Basically:

That's weird, you live in Italy, don't you? I do too and my copy is scheduled to be delivered on the 18th, even though it was only dispatched this morning.

UrbanRats

That's weird, you live in Italy, don't you? I do too and my copy is scheduled to be delivered on the 18th, even though it was only dispatched this morning.

I do.
You ordered from Amazon IT, i'm assuming? I ordered from Amazon UK.
Out of habit, really.. Amazon IT has gotten only decent in the last year or so.

And again, when i did it was in October of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom