• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grubb: Xbox Showcase (+Cod Direct) 2hrs Long - Featuring 30 Games - Handful Never Heard/Seen Before

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm not gonna spoil anything but the numbers I'm hearing are two hours and about thirty games, and at least a handful of those games are games we haven't heard of before. So it's like.. okay, that's a good place to start. If all those games hit really hard, I can easily give the conference an 8 and if they nail the execution, we'll get to that 9 out of 10

saintjules

There are 3 other 3rd party games among the list that have codenames. Might be in the 'never heard before' category. My guy doesn't know what they are, but I'm sure Grubb does.

Also mentioned we'll see gameplay to MGS Snake Eater here.

Last edited:

TVexperto

U8PzJvP.png

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Looking forward to this one.

Really excited to see the new Doom game and hopefully confirmation of that Fallout 3 remaster.

Kurotri

So if they don't hit hard (looking at their track record..uhh.) and they fail the execution it's a 7 at best? My expectations are tempered.

adamsapple

He wont spoil anything but certain employees in the backend sure will

Yep, that Insider Gaming article pretty much says the same. Even though there have been multiple 'investigations' on the matter, nothing really has been done to stop it.

Expecting stuff to start leaking from this showcase before the weekend.

Whatever the case, though, these investigations have seemingly done nothing to stop it from happening again.

I like the thought of 30 games. I double Microsoft's ability to deliver 30 games.

I don't think it's all 30 first party projects. There's gonna be lots of third party games and some already released ones that are announced for game pass which probably count in that 30. (expecting Infinite Wealth to be one of them)

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
1 hour of dragon age inquis... dreadwolf, 30 minutes of perfect dark, 15 minutes of Hellblade 2 DLC and another 15 minutes of CoD. The rest is for the world premiere guy.

15 mins of Hellblade 2 dlc would double the length of the game though..........

Ill see myself out.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I don't think it's all 30 first party projects. There's gonna be lots of third party games and some already released ones that are announced for game pass which probably count in that 30. (expecting Infinite Wealth to be one of them)
I figured as much. I'm mostly whining about the hit and miss timing of first party releases. I want to see that day 1 on Gamepass counter go up.

clarky

Gold Member
I figured as much. I'm mostly whining about the hit and miss timing of first party releases. I want to see that day 1 on Gamepass counter go up.
Dont these things usually consist of only stuff thats day one gamepass?

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
I haven’t got two hours in me to be honest, but I’ll look forward to catching up with some of the more interesting reveals after the show.

adamsapple

Dont these things usually consist of only stuff thats day one gamepass?

Not for all third party stuff, I remember they did a chunk of "all games we show now are on game pass day 1" a few years back, wonder if they'll do something similar

adamsapple

1 hour of dragon age inquis... dreadwolf, 30 minutes of perfect dark, 15 minutes of Hellblade 2 DLC and another 15 minutes of CoD. The rest is for the world premiere guy.

Follow up on this.

He's saying that another Dragon Age thing, besides Dreadwolf, will be there.

Interesting.

scratch that, people are saying this is just going to be the new title for Dreadwolf and how that isn't the games final shipping name.

I think there will be five games that we haven't heard of before and that's across all the verticals (meaning across Xbox-Bethesda-Activision). What those are? I don't know. I think we'll see some familiar faces on stage.. some... popular voice actors I'll say. You'll at least see their names. Dragon Age, I was teasing this one. I joke Dragon Age Dreadwolf won't be there and will be there. Dragon Age: Dreadwolf probably WON'T be there, Dragon Age WILL be there. If that makes sense.

Last edited:
Why? it looked like shit and rightfully got canned.
Pre-Alpha:

"Pre-Alpha is a standard term to denote a number of interim milestones between prototyping and alpha, each of which includes new functionality and/or game content. Pre-alphas often mandate incremented improvements on a number of parallel areas in a project, but rarely expect any one of those areas to be complete. The exact content of each pre-alpha is often an ongoing discussion between producers on the team and those at the publisher.

Pre-alphas are usually followed by alpha, beta, release candidate and gold master milestones."

clarky

Gold Member
Pre-Alpha:

"Pre-Alpha is a standard term to denote a number of interim milestones between prototyping and alpha, each of which includes new functionality and/or game content. Pre-alphas often mandate incremented improvements on a number of parallel areas in a project, but rarely expect any one of those areas to be complete. The exact content of each pre-alpha is often an ongoing discussion between producers on the team and those at the publisher.

Pre-alphas are usually followed by alpha, beta, release candidate and gold master milestones."

Wow i did not know any of that thank you for the lesson, bring back scalebound!

Top Bottom