• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Launching Spring 2013 On Xbox 360/PS3 [Officially Confirmed By Rockstar]

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

It will be pretty slim pickings next year for certain. I don't think anyone wants to duplicate the scenarios of the PS3 and 3DS launch, where God of War 2 and Pokemon B/W were launching for the legacy platform while the new platform struggled out of the gate. I'd be amazed if there were any major platform exclusives for PS3 or 360 after next fall.
Ok, that I can buy. Your claim of "after next fall" is far more reasonable than "next E3".

StuBurns

Banned
Well, to tie this back on topic, we do know notably more about it than GTAV. :p
That's true. But R* have fairly predictable marketing, and it's wildly different than Sony's. Personally, I don't believe Orbis or Durango are fall, but we'll know soon enough.

I really, really don't think that's it.

I disagree. Take a look at Assassin's Creed III. In most cases all the demos given were on the PC version, probably all the trailers were from the PC version. The PC version has to be on par with the console version (aka done) yet they delay it at the last minute.

It only makes sense that they don't want PC sales to take away from the console sales so they delay it or release it later.

I know several people who were planning to buy PC on day one (back when Ubisoft was still saying it was releasing same day) that were not going to get a console version. Now they are getting a console version and probably the PC version down the road.

The Publisher/Devs now get twice the money from some people.

CrazyDude

I disagree. Take a look at Assassin's Creed III. In most cases all the demos given were on the PC version, probably all the trailers were from the PC version. The PC version has to be on par with the console version (aka done) yet they delay it at the last minute.

It only makes sense that they don't want PC sales to take away from the console sales so they delay it or release it later.

I know several people who were planning to buy PC on day one (back when Ubisoft was still saying it was releasing same day) that were not going to get a console version. Now they are getting a console version and probably the PC version down the road.

Not really, in most cases it was the ps3 version.

antitrop

Isn't the PC delay only like several weeks in regards to AC3? As far as I was aware it was still coming out in November, just not day and date with consoles. Could be wrong, though. I'm not a big AC fan.

Reallink

They don't want PC piracy to take away from console sales. I seem to recall Ubisoft has strongly suggested (or outright admitted) as much in interviews.

Squire

Banned
You're using the failure to deliver for twelve months as evidence for the likelihood they won't fail to deliver for even a month more?

Actually I meant to say it was supposed to be this fall, so I apologize first and foremost.

So, what I'm saying is it'll be next fall because the only reason it didn't come out this fall is MS is already doing a lot of other things. They're launching Windows 8, SmartGlass, another Windows phone, Halo 4 which is current-gen anyway. I don't think Durango would've gotten lost in the shuffle, but why put it in a group when it can shine alone?

Lunchbox

Banned
dont why people keep talking about pc version this pc version that

its a trend rockstar has been following for a while. 360-ps3 first pc later down the line (if they feel like it). should be expected at this point

antitrop

dont why people keep talking about pc version this pc version that

its a trend rockstar has been following for a while. 360-ps3 first pc later down the line (if they feel like it). should be expected at this point

Max Payne 3 was a pleasant deviation from this trend.

antitrop

The most interesting thing about Grand Theft Auto V, for me, is to see how they handle the tonal dissonance of the gameplay vs the narrative that was so oft criticized in GTAIV.

xJavonta

Banned
God fucking damnit Rockstar I need my PC release. Just release them all at the same time. Delay the console versions if you must.

Longshot

Yeah because you're not able to hook up a computer to a TV or use BPM.
Agreed, all of that is possible with a PC.

That being said its still a day 1 pick up for my Xbox 360, but I am a little disappointed we got Max Payne 3 on release but not GTA V, hopefully it won't be a god awful port job like IV was.

Fjordson

And now we wait till the spring. This wait is gonna be brutal.
Haha, seriously =[

I'm getting excited, but then I remember that even with (hopefully) a bunch of new info next month, it'll still be a while before I see the final thing.

I think I might get San Andreas on Steam soon to help tide me over. Haven't played that since before GTA IV came out.

GAMERG0D

I'm so ready. I have to beat III, Vice City, and San Andreas though and I have Black 2, AC III, Halo 4, and Black Ops II to play so this wait won't be very long for me.

Fjordson

I'm so ready. I have to beat III, Vice City, and San Andreas though and I have Black 2, AC III, Halo 4, and Black Ops II to play so this wait won't be very long for me.
Yeah, maybe I'll play through the whole PS2 trilogy. Just have to hope for a Steam sale on the GTA pack next month.

antitrop

Yeah, maybe I'll play through the whole PS2 trilogy. Just have to hope for a Steam sale on the GTA pack next month.
Yeah I have so many copies of the PS2 trilogy. All three PS2 originals, the Xbox pack (III and VC IIRC), and the Steam pack. Think I picked up the Steam pack for like $7.50 or something crazy during one of the sales, no reason not to get it for that price, I thought.

Ooccoo

I haven't read the whole thread, but no Wii U seems pretty bad news for Nintendo. I thought the new console would offer great games for hardcore gamers, I guess GTA was too much asking unless these ads are not final.

D-Stubbs

I've been wanting to go through San Andreas again lately. After the autumn rush of games have calmed down I might just do that. Should tide me over a bit till GTA V.

Fjordson

Wouldn't worry about it. GTA goes on sale more than anything not published by Eidos.

Yeah I have so many copies of the PS2 trilogy. All three PS2 originals, the Xbox pack (III and VC IIRC), and the Steam pack. Think I picked up the Steam pack for like $7.50 or something crazy during one of the sales, no reason not to get it for that price, I thought.
Nice. Guess I'll just wait then.

I only have my original PS2 copies for each, but after seeing San Andreas on a friend's PC recently I'd like to replay them there. They run so much smoother than the PS2 versions. Stuff popping in when you're driving around is pretty much gone also.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been wanting to go through San Andreas again lately. After the autumn rush of games have calmed down I might just do that. Should tide me over a bit till GTA V.

It's easy for me. None of the stuff coming out looks interesting to me until Q1. Hell, this, Bioshock, and South Park are the only things next year that I really want. Cyberpunk's release date is still up in the air. End of the gen is the worst for someone who still digs big budget releases that aren't roller coaster rides

and maybe that Kamiya Wii U game

antitrop

Nice. Guess I'll just wait then.

I only have my original PS2 copies for each, but after seeing San Andreas on a friend's PC recently I'd like to replay them there. They run so much smoother than the PS2 versions. Stuff popping in when you're driving around is pretty much gone also.
San Andreas on PS2 was a rather horrible experience, I remember. It betrays the true game, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom