• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Afro

thx for answering my questions.

most beatiful gif yet from Kotaku. can't even imagine this on PC @60fps/1440p.

arlbtvsdjeyqdo5ove0g.gif

Is this a joke? Unity is a technical mess regardless

This isnt a thread about Unity, thats a whole other can of worms.

Just means just because PS4 should always be better for a multiplatform, it doesnt necessarily mean it runs better for a given product.

I used to just preorder PS4 version on multiplats but I want to confirm which runs best first. most likely PS4.

kaskade

Anyone know how much Gamestop is giving for a trade in for the 360 version. It seems like there's really no reason to keep it. I heard about the target deal but I unfortunately don't have one near me. Well close enough that it'd be worth it.

tensuke

Tempted to make a few SA playlists and throw them on a flash drive, play as Franklin, and pretend I'm playing next-(current-)gen SA lol

Raptomex

Not sure if I should go to my Best Buy's midnight launch or not. Never been too one.

For those of you who have. Are they generally lined up or in your experience, can you simply walk in at 12, pick it up and leave?
I usually go to the GameStop ones. They normally have us pay it off before midnight (if we didn't already) so we can just pick up our copies at midnight and keep the line moving. I'm not sure how Best Buy does it.

Hollow

I used my remaining vacation days for this week off. I'm stocking up on snacks this afternoon and picking up my GTAV and Dragon Age Inquisition pre-orders this evening.

I'm ready.

Raptomex

I used my remaining vacation days for this week off. I'm stocking up on snacks this afternoon and picking up my GTAV and Dragon Age Inquisition pre-orders this evening.

I'm ready.
This guy gets it.

I did the same. I have off as well. I did this for the last gen release as well. Good times.

Smokey

How is Xbox One version? That's the one I have pre loaded and ready to go. Also first person mode underwater is terrifying to me :l

The Flash

Banned
Man this will be the first game I get on disc since BF4. I'd much rather have this game be in my Xbox all the time anyways.

How is Xbox One version? That's the one I have pre loaded and ready to go. Also first person mode underwater is terrifying to me :l

Same res and fps as the PS4 version. 1080p/30fps

dreamfall

I usually go to the GameStop ones. They normally have us pay it off before midnight (if we didn't already) so we can just pick up our copies at midnight and keep the line moving. I'm not sure how Best Buy does it.

Hitting up Gamestop for a midnight launch- literally my first since GTA V launched last September. I think I got used to just waiting around for the Amazon UPS delivery truck. But I debated going digital, but there's something that feels right about celebrating the fact that we're here again!

I wish they'd set up the Social Club account transfer on the website right now.

I can imagine that come 12am EST, this is going to be madness!
Not sure I'm even going to attempt going online for the first few days due to traffic. Don't want to risk losing my character like what happened when the game first launched.

dreamfall

Not sure I'm even going to attempt going online for the first few days due to traffic. Don't want to risk losing my character like what happened when the game first launched.

Yeah, that's actually pretty scary. I'm sure thing's will be down, and I really don't want to risk a reset. I remember that madness pretty damn well- characters disappearing, never connecting, trying to get past the race- baha.

It'll just be a nice time getting reacquainted with Los Santos/ the story for the first day or so!

All of you next genners craving some Online crew action, look no further! The PS3/PS4 Gaf Crew wants YOU! Sorry Xboxers, I think a new Gaf crew will need to be created....

But seriously, if anyone here wants to join the Playstation Gaf crew, go to the R* Social Club and send me a friend request. My name there is BaronVonBeans, no spaces like it is here. Please include your Gaf username, so I can tell who is who. Once I get the request, I'll send you an invite to the crew, and you can accept that either in game or on the Social Club website! Our numbers have been growing steadily for a few weeks now, and we are gaining more and more each day! You can be in up to FIVE crews at a time...so even if you have a "main" crew already, join us too, so you can see what Gaffers are online also!

Here is the old OT for Online. I plan on trying to make a new OT for Online today, though it might not be the fanciest. Stop on by in the meantime! Send me a PM here or on the Social Club if you have any questions!

Even if you don't want in, hope to play with you all soon!

I'm ready.
This guy gets it.

I did the same. I have off as well. I did this for the last gen release as well. Good times.
I am working today, JUST to have off tomorrow, plus using whatever time I have left too! Last year I took off 3 days for this....I don't have that many now but dam I wish I could take the week off!

Ridiculous amount of gaming hours pending tomorrow. Have to finish Sunset Overdrive (GOTY so far), Unity (tons of issues but an amazing city & life system), shadow of mordor, halo, B2G1 games (incl COD and aliens)

then tomorow FC4, DAI, and now GTA V

I'm actually most excited for GTA since as well as the graphics upgrade, the 1st person will make a huge difference in exploring the details of the world. and add immersion and new experience to the driving in particular

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
When does the game 'activate' ? Or in other words, can I play it tonight?

Does the digital version activate at different times depending on region?

It was listed to me as if it was unlocking midnight EST, because the countdown to me (CST) was ending at 11pm. I want to believe!

Why everyone hyping over songs? You can just put your own stuff in Independence FM.

Or is Independence FM PC only? Seems like something they could easily do for PS4/Xbone...

Cock of War

All of you next genners craving some Online crew action, look no further! The PS3/PS4 Gaf Crew wants YOU! Sorry Xboxers, I think a new Gaf crew will need to be created....

But seriously, if anyone here wants to join the Playstation Gaf crew, go to the R* Social Club and send me a friend request. My name there is BaronVonBeans, no spaces like it is here. Please include your Gaf username, so I can tell who is who. Once I get the request, I'll send you an invite to the crew, and you can accept that either in game or on the Social Club website! Our numbers have been growing steadily for a few weeks now, and we are gaining more and more each day! You can be in up to FIVE crews at a time...so even if you have a "main" crew already, join us too, so you can see what Gaffers are online also!

Here is the old OT for Online. I plan on trying to make a new OT for Online today, though it might not be the fanciest. Stop on by in the meantime! Send me a PM here or on the Social Club if you have any questions!

Even if you don't want in, hope to play with you all soon!

I am working today, JUST to have off tomorrow, plus using whatever time I have left too! Last year I took off 3 days for this....I don't have that many now but dam I wish I could take the week off!

Friend request sent!

Could someone please help? I'm asking someone to log in to their PS3 GTAV with my R Social account, but they do not know where to do this when they are already logged in with their own account.

Is there a log out option in the PS3 version?

The1Ski

Normally I wouldn't get pumped about the song list for a game but... It's huge and awesome!!

(that's what she said)

But seriously, you'd pay a hell of a lot more than 60 bucks for that playlist on itunes.

Plus the game is looking awesome.

ekim

Played a little bit on Xbox One. Game looks really good and runs smooth. I only had one dip to low 20fps for about 3 seconds in my 1 hour playtime. No obvious screentearing so far. It could use some better AA though. Playing in first person probably needs some time to get used to because of the weighty movement when on foot.

On Demand

Banned
Could someone please help? I'm asking someone to log in to their PS3 GTAV with my R Social account, but they do not know where to do this when they are already logged in with their own account.

Is there a log out option in the PS3 version?

Click the gear symbol next to your name and scroll down to sign out.

EDIT-

You're talking about the website correct?

I'm kind of really excited to just cruise around on the Vita. How is Remote Play?

No idea. Never used it as i don't have one.

Top Bottom