• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V reveal @ IGN tomorrow 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm GMT with exclusive gameplay #1

2thepoint

My eyes are so watery right now! LOL!!!!

I'm actually crying with laughter at that GIF.

It's so funny the way the car just comes out of nowhere.

Reminiscent of those end scenes in Scary Movie where someone gets hit by a car at the end.

I'm still laughing.

Matush

Can we expect tracklist of new songs soon, or are they keeping them as surprise? I still have CoD, AC Unity, Far Cry 4, DAI pre-ordered, but damn, watching these gifs just keep getting me hyped as it was one year ago.

Pm8JMRv.gif

Holy crap I should never GAF on a conference call. This had me rolling.

As far as I am aware the extra perk was $300,000 in game cash on top of the $1,000,000 you get if you pre-order the game.

I heard that the ability to transfer 360/PS3 online data to next-gen was exclusive to PS4 as well. Facebook comment though, so chances are it's not true at all.

Yeah, they've tweaked a lot of stuff, but when GTAOnline debuted, Rockstar tried their damnest to make it the least fun multiplayer sandbox mode on earth. Extremely high death taxes, extremely low payments on jobs, no weapons, cars, or anything available. It was like the anti-GTA.

Is there a good place to find a summary of all the changes? Back when I used to play that's what it was like...took a lot of luster out of the mode.

I didn't buy Tomb Raider again for my PS4. I didn't buy again The Last Of Us for my PS4. But I will buy again this game.

Making good decisions 33% of the time is not that bad 😙
Honestly though, I barely played TLOU on PS3 and is not even half finished with the PS4 version.

Wondering how long I'll last with the GTAV remake.

Pachimari

How's the netcode in GTA Online nowadays anyway? Is there any lag, have they added a lot of stuff?

I didn't even try out the online stuff when I had the PS3 version, because I couldn't log in.

twisted89

Only once though, so for people waiting for the PC version but are tempted to try the ps4/Xbox One version, you may want to wait before transferring.

With the amount of hackers there'll be on the PC version I'd argue better to transfer to a console now.

Foffy

Banned
With the amount of hackers there'll be on the PC version I'd argue better to transfer to a console now.

Console has a ton of hackers, too. People have dropped rocks on other players and "trapped" them in sexual positions. You're going to get hackers either way.

Floridian

I'll be in class during the initial reveal but I'll watch the YouTube version or news wire version later since it'll likely be better quality.

Foffy

Banned
Did they get you? It's ok to talk, we're all friends here.

Not me, but those hacks did get covered by major sites, getting a lot of people to assume mainstream media would have used it as a scapegoat against the game.

But considering GTA Online has been rather disappointing, not even the media jumped in on it. No idea if the product has changed, so maybe the new versions will be a good refresher.

twisted89

Not me, but those hacks did get covered by major sites, getting a lot of people to assume mainstream media would have used it as a scapegoat against the game.

But considering GTA Online has been rather disappointing, not even the media jumped in on it. No idea if the product has changed, so maybe the new versions will be a good refresher.

Your original post just sounded like you were trolling, if what you are referring to exists (can't really google that as I'm at work) it sounds more like a glitch than hacking.

HabeeNo

THE HYPE IS REAL!!!

LESS THAN 45 MINUTES!!!

Give me more tracks for Radio Los Santos and I'm a happy fella

Foffy

Banned
Your original post just sounded like you were trolling, if what you are referring to exists (can't really google that as I'm at work) it sounds more like a glitch than hacking.

No, I'm not trolling; this is legit. People broke the game big time on consoles, getting stuff you'd imagine PC users would get like a first person mod functioning in the game. Come on, these are the same platforms that found a way to put a $-1,000,000,000 bounty on someone. And yes, that is a minus-billion bounty.

Hip Hop

No, I'm not trolling; this is legit. People broke the game big time on consoles, getting stuff you'd imagine PC users would get like a first person mod functioning in the game. Come on, these are the same platforms that found a way to put a $-1,000,000,000 bounty on someone. And yes, that is a minus-billion bounty.

People haven't been able to mod the new consoles yet, so I doubt hackers will be rampant on the new gen for quite sometime.

twisted89

I'm aware that the last gen consoles got hacked to bits on GTA V, I was referring to the whole 'drop rocks on people' which sounds more like a glitch. As for current gen consoles I doubt you will see hacks on the same level as there's no way to modify the game files.

DryvBy

I'm actually crying with laughter at that GIF.

It's so funny the way the car just comes out of nowhere.

Reminiscent of those end scenes in Scary Movie where someone gets hit by a car at the end.

I'm still laughing.

It looks so horrible, too. I can't stop thinking what was going on in the dog's head as he darts back across a freakin' BUSY street to get to his master. He's safe until that car just pops out of nowhere.

And yeah, Scary Movie is definitely it.

There's something about R* and their use of ragdolls.

drunk-john-marston-ii-o.gif

Foffy

Banned
People haven't been able to mod the new consoles yet, so I doubt hackers will be rampant on the new gen for quite sometime.

I don't know. Some hacks were able to exploited by people with unhacked machines, too..so unless Rockstar has really gone ham, those sorts of things seem prevalent. Of course, all of this is avoided by making your own private game.

I'm aware that the last gen consoles got hacked to bits on GTA V, I was referring to the whole 'drop rocks on people' which sounds more like a glitch. As for current gen consoles I doubt you will see hacks on the same level as there's no way to modify the game files.

No, not a glitch. People were actually able to take geometry and use it was weaponry against players in servers. Hard to call it a glitch when a user openly states what he just did that killed three people. :p

Weird that there's nothing about this on IGN's main page yet. We've only had the tweet at this point. I hope it's still happening.

Top Bottom