• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games announces Decima Engine (Death Stranding, Horizon, Killzone)

There's a new screen in the link of aloy
CprNzVQ.jpg

Kojima just posted 8 new pics of the Decima engine (might warrant a new thread, but I can't do it)

they are renders of their office with in-game assets and some stills from the trailer

just - wow

original tweets here and here

Those pics don't mean shit. They're pre-rendered to test the lighting.

And remember when Kojima did that with the fox engine? It looked nothing like that. Not even close.
But fox engine looked bad anyway. I hope Decima will look close to those renders.

BraXzy

Kojima just posted 8 new pics of the Decima engine (might warrant a new thread, but I can't do it)

they are renders of their office with in-game assets and some stills from the trailer

These were shown during their PSX panel btw.

HonMirin

Those pics don't mean shit. They're pre-rendered to test the lighting.

And remember when Kojima did that with the fox engine? It looked nothing like that. Not even close.
But fox engine looked bad anyway. I hope Decima will look close to those renders.
... Uh, what?

This can't be serious.

GHG

Gold Member
You think the game will look like those renders?
You can't be serious.

I don't see any reason why the realtime cutscenes won't look every bit as good as that. The hardware is there. I thought we were past this bullshit but apparently not.

Coreda

While the conference room was primarily set up as a consistent testing environment for PBR, and feature a higher poly count for certain models, in addition to a rain drop effect applied to the soldier's armor, I wouldn't call the GDC demo 'not even close' to being representative of the final games. The games ended up using the tech well.

Examples from the room:

9rhal.jpg

Final game:

Phantom Pain - An improvement from GZ. The last two shots displaying different wetness effects as they appear in-game.

287700_20161213224542wixpx.jpg

Ground Zeroes

While the conference room was primarily set up as a consistent testing environment for PBR, and feature a higher poly count for certain models, in addition to a rain drop effect applied to the soldier's armor, I wouldn't call the GDC demo 'not even close' to being representative of the final games. The games ended up using the tech well.

Examples from the room:

9rhal.jpg

Final game:

Phantom Pain - An improvement from GZ. The last two shots displaying different wetness effects as they appear in-game.

287700_20161213224542wixpx.jpg

Ground Zeroes

He must have been playing on PS3.

Top Bottom